HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Is Rogers your cell network provider?

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Is Rogers your cell network provider?

Postby Ululant » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Cesspool wrote:Ok thanks! Always. Relief to know you’re not going crazy. Now WTH could be causing this problem. And only in a portion of the Rogers coverage network (albeit one that potentially affects millions of subscribers).
?

Hmm. Got back home in eastern Ontario and now the game doesnt work on data here either. It was working up until I drove out west on Saturday. Looks like I too will be visiting my angry frustrated place.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Cesspool » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm

purgatoria wrote:
Cesspool wrote:Ya no idea where to go with this one. This is the only game I play that is affected. I have a feeling that calling the company will lead nowhere.

That's not necessarily true. Your "angry frustrated place" can be considered a place....

Lol ... “population - me”
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby DKDev_Chris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:27 am

For anyone still seeing this error, please provide your country/state and cellular provider here.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby Cesspool » Wed May 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Ok well at long last I have a fix for this and an explanation. It seems the bug stemmed from my cell service provider stopping support for IPv4. I found a thread in their forums today from a bunch of people who lost access to their security cam apps over cell but still able to access them over wifi dating back to around the time I posted this bug here. The temporary fix from Rogers was to block IPv6. But this was addressed in the most recent iOS upgrade (12.2). This was explained to me by their tech support as Apple having “added support for 464XLAT in iOS 12.2”. Sure enough when I upgraded to 12.2 tonight, I regained cellular network access to DK. The tech support people I was chatting with assumed that DK game development had halted since the game apparently doesn’t support IPv6. Anyway, I don’t really understand this stuff but thought I’d post it here fwiw.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Blancpain » Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 am

i have same problem turkey / ankara / vodafone
Blancpain

Postby Ululant » Fri May 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Wow. I was hopeful for a minute. I confirmed I am updated to iOS 12.2. Turned off my wifi and tried to log on. Nope still does not work. My contract is up in October. I will be switching then to bundle with another provider as Rogers does not do much home service out west. Hopefully I can use data starting in the fall.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Ululant » Fri May 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Wow. I was hopeful for a minute. I confirmed I am updated to iOS 12.2. Turned off my wifi and tried to log on. Nope still does not work. My contract is up in October. I will be switching then to bundle with another provider as Rogers does not do much home service out west. Hopefully I can use data starting in the fall.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Cesspool » Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 am

That is odd. But you may have another option. If you go on their community forum and PM ‘communityhelps’ and reference this thread https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Apple/Certain-Apps-Connect-over-Wi-Fi-but-not-Data/m-p/425522?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:EnglishCommunity&q=certain%20apps%20connect%20over%20wifi%20but%20not%20data&search_type=thread you can ask them to manually block IPv4 for your device. That seemed to work for others and they told me they could do it for me if the update didn’t work.
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Ululant » Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 am

Nope. No luck. iPhone is iOS12.2 (has been for sometime). Rogers said they can’t turn off IPv4. He also told me to try turning off LTE and try 3G, might be slow but should still work. It did not, same error code. Next Rogers agent installed DK on his phone (same model/same iOS) and it works fine for him. Says it is not a service provider issue and maybe I should try apple. I deleted the app and tried a reinstall but get the same error code 15. I have not been able to use the app on data since June 2018. My spouse has been happy about that lol. Maybe I will back up My phone and do a factory reset and reinstall everything and see if that works. I don’t think I have tried that yet.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Ululant » Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Ok. By accident I clicked on DK app (probably muscle memory) and to my surprise it connected on data. It looks like the issue might be fixed but I don’t know why or how.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion