HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Some recent changes are helping this medium-DCR player

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Some recent changes are helping this medium-DCR player

Postby Quinnine » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Also from a medium DCR player

Have been stuck in limbo for a few months now. Not able to hold sufficient resources to put on a build or to level up minions.

For where I am, either requires 60+ mill in resource, however the most I can manage to collect with say 2 hour of raiding is 20 mill (even with nexting its very infrequent that a dungeon comes up with more than 1million resources to plunder, and me resupply cost is just under 1 mill)

Am a casual player - I play approx in 2 hr stints about 3-5 times a week, so will never be up in the big leagues, but am OK with that. It’s just frustrating not to be able to progress at all. I haven’t set a build or trained a minion in months.

Am not sure what would help most, either making more resources available via “dummy” dungeons or to have more reduced resources promos.

Thanks for listening
Quinnine

Postby Kaapie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Quinnine wrote:Also from a medium DCR player

Have been stuck in limbo for a few months now. Not able to hold sufficient resources to put on a build or to level up minions.

For where I am, either requires 60+ mill in resource, however the most I can manage to collect with say 2 hour of raiding is 20 mill (even with nexting its very infrequent that a dungeon comes up with more than 1million resources to plunder, and me resupply cost is just under 1 mill)

Am a casual player - I play approx in 2 hr stints about 3-5 times a week, so will never be up in the big leagues, but am OK with that. It’s just frustrating not to be able to progress at all. I haven’t set a build or trained a minion in months.

Am not sure what would help most, either making more resources available via “dummy” dungeons or to have more reduced resources promos.

Thanks for listening

Here's the sad part: If people really want your resources they WILL get it. Even if it means they have to resupply mana to get all of it.

Here's the OK part: If you don't care about trophies, rearrange your dungeon so your heart is open with no defense and have all your defenses structures + traps around your resources, spread out in a clever way. If you want some ideas of how to arrange it that way check the leaderboard. Doing it this way can reduce some theft.

Here's the happy part: If you can afford it, get yourself DK premium when the boost sale is on (100 day one, the others are too expensive as it doesn't last long). As you upgrade your mines etc you can collect quite a bit from it. From where I am, my mines are level 22 and I can generate 1M gold and stone in like 5 hours.

Here's the desired approach: Be evil keeper. Attack with the intent solely to plunder resources. Like have 10-15 bile demons attack ALL resources rooms of opponent. If you lose, hey so what you walk away with millions in gold and stone. If you win hey that's a bonus.
Kaapie

Postby Ululant » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:43 pm

As a frequent victim of that tactic, I strongly feel that it works. And I don’t mind losing the resources as I get to revenge for gems. This is an excellent strategy for medium sized players. As long as you have the trophies for max league of evil, the rest of the trophies are not worth anything really, so don’t stress over them until much later on. (unless your goal is a sandbagged war d which is very effective).
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Cesspool » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Does anyone with a DH over 25 _not_ use DK Premium??
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby tripo » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:41 pm

I've never gotten a boost, even during discounts. And I'm around 280 DCR, DH25 and 11.4k tropies. So we're out there, just playing the long slow game. Same with pokemon go, I'm lvl40 and have an almost full dex, but never spent a dime on anything :)
tripo

Postby Cesspool » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:30 pm

I’m 380 at DH 26, and like to take it slow and steady as well. That’s partly why I started buying the max time DKP w accumulated gems so I wouldn’t have to work as hard to keep all 6 imps busy. If you play for three months you should be able to accumulate 5k gems to buy it on sale.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby sellar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm

I also play without DK premium. The gems have gone to imps and immortals in the past, and now generally go to accelerate production of troops (and if it's a discount event, towards mana).
sellar

Previous

Return to General Discussion