HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Punishing Players Who Have Played Longer

Talk amongst y'selves!

Punishing Players Who Have Played Longer

Postby Zaraf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:32 am

Wow, so gem costs for minions have gone up drastically, while the cost for BUYING gems with real money has remained the SAME. Before I could afford the final imp for $10 worth of gems (which I was considering getting once I had 800 gems accumulated). Now, not even the $20 option is enough for the final imp. I assume this is because gems are now more bountiful within medium and hard rock.

But what about for people like me who have mined out EVERYTHING? I don't have a single hard or medium rock left. That's a LOT of gems that I'm missing out on. Almost everyone here has mined out SOME medium and hard rock and they are missing out on those gems.

So newer players get a huge perk and us long time players suffer from the new bloated imp costs and no reasonable way to get them.

We need a retroactive gem credit for whatever was mined out. Otherwise, that is pure BS and you might as well reset the game and have everyone start all over again.
Zaraf

Re: Punishing Players Who Have Played Longer

Postby Roderick » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:48 am

Zaraf wrote: I assume this is because gems are now more bountiful within medium and hard rock.

Waves
New guy here! I've been following the forums for a while, but haven't posted before now.

I had a hard rock excavation going from yesterday that just completed. I got 9 gems from it. Based on Gene's earlier post saying that hard rock would give four times what mefium rock does, I'm assuming medium will give 2-3 gems. I'll know in about 20 minutes.

Just counting the band of 2 hard rock around the outside (192 tiles), that's 1728 gems, plus whatever you get from the scattered random hard rock, plus the medium rock. That's a lot of gems. It'll be enough to get my fifth imp (I've got almost 500 gems stockpiled), but I can't imagine getting close to even half of the sixth from minimg, and I won't be paying $40 for it. I already paid $5 for my fourth imp, and was considering paying cash for the final one, but not if it's going to cost that much.
Roderick

Postby spcbrass » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 pm

My only guess is that the inflation costs are there to offset the amount of free gems now available in the game. So for instance their 3rd, 4th and 5th imp will be quite difficult to obtain even with what I can project the cost of digging your entire dungeon to be. So far I am receiving 3 gems for each medium rock. Not sure yet for the hard rock as I have not excavated any since the switch.
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Akali » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Zaraf wrote:Wow, so gem costs for minions have gone up drastically, while the cost for BUYING gems with real money has remained the SAME. Before I could afford the final imp for $10 worth of gems (which I was considering getting once I had 800 gems accumulated). Now, not even the $20 option is enough for the final imp. I assume this is because gems are now more bountiful within medium and hard rock.

But what about for people like me who have mined out EVERYTHING? I don't have a single hard or medium rock left. That's a LOT of gems that I'm missing out on. Almost everyone here has mined out SOME medium and hard rock and they are missing out on those gems.

So newer players get a huge perk and us long time players suffer from the new bloated imp costs and no reasonable way to get them.

We need a retroactive gem credit for whatever was mined out. Otherwise, that is pure BS and you might as well reset the game and have everyone start all over again.

I agree +1
Akali
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby whambarkid » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:11 am

Couldn't agree more! this is an absolute joke!!!

The players that have been here from the start have been shafted. They can easily see what accounts have mined x amount of medium and x amount of hard rock and credit them accordingly!. I was almost at the finish line for my 6th imp, now thats just not gonna happen as ive mined my whole dungeon. Actually considering uninstalling this game despite how much i like it. I'm sure i am not alone here and a few pals of mine are also in the same boat.
"better the devil you know"
whambarkid
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kaskade » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Was at 469 gems, close to getting my 4th imp. Now it costs 1.2k gems, and i already have dug out 13 hard tiles.. meaning i'm out of about 120 gems.
No blame on Mythic here, since they just do what EA tells them to do. I can see why these changes were introduced.. pure greed. It was too "easy" to progress in the game without paying a dime.

What i really would like to see at some time, is game developer studios showing EA the middle finger whenever they try to buy or hire them. EA is the root of the evil that will drag the game industry down. Only people with money left over will be able to afford playing, while the rest will have to deal with what they get, very little.
Money greedy suckers turn gaming slowly into another "reality", one we try to escape from time to time with gaming. In the real world we already have upper, middle, lower classes.. which turn some peoples existences into a pretty sour experience. Do we really need that in games?!
Kaskade

Return to General Discussion