HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dungeon Planner - By Cetanu

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Dungeon Planner - By Cetanu

Postby cetanu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Bumpy :oops:

Lol

Anyone want to critique some of the plans I've made in my spreadsheet?

I have been trying to work out ways of making my resource rooms untouched.

Check out some of the sheets in my planner and let's discuss.
cetanu

Postby grim-one » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Which sheets in particular?
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby cetanu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Hmm, if I had to choose any,

"Corner" or "Symmetry"?

The WIP ones are not really finished yet... I'll probably scrap most of those anyway.
cetanu

Postby grim-one » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Corner: the lower left is vulnerable to a single bomb to allow access to the warehouse, from there a few warlock will take out all four storage rooms. The heart also isn't very well protected. It's possible for Deeg & Dug to waltz in there and kill it.

Symmetry: looks a lot better laid out to me. The spread out storage rooms mean there's no tempting target to directly attack. I'm not actually sure how I'd approach it. Probably Tiny + Ghost assault on the lower left, bombing direct paths to the graveyard from the torture chamber.

Can I ask why you attach the AA traps right next to rooms? I think if they're at least 1 square from a room, Tiny can't kill them.
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby cetanu » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm

grim-one wrote:Corner: the lower left is vulnerable to a single bomb to allow access to the warehouse, from there a few warlock will take out all four storage rooms. The heart also isn't very well protected. It's possible for Deeg & Dug to waltz in there and kill it.

Symmetry: looks a lot better laid out to me. The spread out storage rooms mean there's no tempting target to directly attack. I'm not actually sure how I'd approach it. Probably Tiny + Ghost assault on the lower left, bombing direct paths to the graveyard from the torture chamber.

Can I ask why you attach the AA traps right next to rooms? I think if they're at least 1 square from a room, Tiny can't kill them.

I didn't actually know that about the AA traps & Tiny. That will help a great deal...

I just changed both:

Corners: added poison traps around the vulnerable resource rooms to defend against warlocks, moved the AA traps also. I don't actually mind if D&D comes in and kills the heart. Im more concerned about saving resources than actual winning.

Symmetry: moved the AA traps further from the rooms, moved bug zappers to a better position at the bottom corners

I'm probably going to be building Symmetry in-game next, so I'll get it tested first-hand. At the moment I've got Corridoors, which is not turning out so fantastic.
cetanu

Postby Enemykeeper » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:42 am

You can always go back to dk1 and dk2 for pointers kids hehehe.
Enemykeeper - Enemykeeper
Canada Eh?!?
Samsung Galaxy Tab2
Enemykeeper
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby The Den of Evil » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:06 am

I made my dungeon planner in Visio - allows me to drag and drop - includes attack radius. If there is interest I'll make it available.
Foxman - The Den of Evil
Guild Master of "Canada Eh?!?"
Nexus 5
Android 4.4.2
The Den of Evil
Minion
Minion

Postby Gene_Mythic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Thread stickied. :)
Gene_Mythic

Postby adams011 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:02 pm

The Den of Evil wrote:I made my dungeon planner in Visio - allows me to drag and drop - includes attack radius. If there is interest I'll make it available.

I am interested, you can share?
adams011
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby cetanu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 pm

The Den of Evil wrote:I made my dungeon planner in Visio - allows me to drag and drop - includes attack radius. If there is interest I'll make it available.

That sounds cool, is there some way to do that online? I know that Google has a drawing app... I will try that :) in the meantime, share away!
cetanu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion