HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Going for GOLD – project 'Studio Ghibli'

Talk amongst y'selves!

Going for GOLD – project 'Studio Ghibli'

Postby Da Grud » Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 pm

There is a keeper out there by the name of 'Mastfish' who wanted their game to have a bigger purpose. You see Mastfish is a HUGE fan of a little movie studio that goes by the name of Studio Ghibli.

Studio Ghibli is a Japanese animation film studio best known for it's anime feature films. Eight of Studio Ghibli's anime films are among the 15 highest-grossing anime films made in Japan. Spirited Away is the one I myself (and I suspect many of you) have seen...

<— Spirited Away Movie trailer
Other huge hits from this studio include:
So enough about the studio. Back to my tale... Mastfish is such a HUGE fan of Studio Ghibli that they got the idea of creating a guild with that name for the sole purpose of helping to remind others of this great studio's work...

Mastfish wrote:Studio Ghibli in the tournament all welcome :-)

....Been playing dungeon keeper for a while want it to have a purpose I have ran several marathons but without purpose it's empty so you do it for charity then it doesn't matter the time you have made a difference. If you are like me and love studio Ghibli then you will help them get some notice. The great man is not going to make a new film, we who love studio Ghibli know there are other great people working for studio Ghibli. Whisper of the heart is my daughters 2nd fav film after ponyo. up on poppy hill and the cat returns oh and grave of the fire flies are great films but I am worried will fade from the media without some help. I want more notice given to studio Ghibli I don't have loads of friends on face book just my friends not many followers on twitter but I am good at dungeon keeper got to dread easily I know all the tricks to do well in this game. All I want from you is a love for studio Ghibli and the desire for the whole world to be a better place because they have watched these great films....

Mastfish recruitment page went largely unnoticed for some time with no one really paying it much attention. Yet, Mastfish continued to push forward, undaunted by the perceived lack of interest to his/her cause. Determined that if he/she just kept at it and maybe got his/her guild to a higher level that maybe other's would take notice....

Well Mastfish, it worked. I have noticed & I absolutely would LOVE to see if I could not only get you qualified to compete in the next Horny's Chosen tournament, but I want to help you WIN IT!!!

I love the idea of seeing one of those golden rings by your guild's name & I know it would bring me a great bit of joy to think I helped you get one. What's more, I'm guessing that there are lots of others out there, that too would like to experience that same great feeling of pride that comes form helping another....

That, therefore brings me to the purpose of this thread...
If you would like to partake in this little adventure during the next tournament and help 'Studio Ghilbi' guild WIN the tournament please post your support below.

Thanx to all willing parties in advance
Sincerely,
Da Grud
Last edited by Da Grud on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: The Purple Alien's NEXT Goal...

Postby Bills Hell » Sat May 31, 2014 1:49 pm

0ne up!
Bills Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Da Core » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:33 am

Spirited away and grave of the fireflies are awesome movies. Thanks for sharing +1
Killalot previous DaCore
Killalittle (alt)
Guild: Skar Tactics cuz Grud and Kat left...
Playing Second Earth and my Xbox One.
Da Core
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Kathyllvania » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:04 am

You guys gotta see Pom Poko - it's a magical tale about civilisation vs nature, shown through the eyes of raccoons who can change the size of their ball sack. Strange yet incredible!
Say Castlevania like you're Catalonian.

Kathyllvania
Keeper
Keeper

Postby 8am8i~ » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 am

I'm in. I'd love to help.
8am8i~
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby No 44 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:38 am

Kathyllvania wrote:You guys gotta see Pom Poko - it's a magical tale about civilisation vs nature, shown through the eyes of raccoons who can change the size of their ball sack. Strange yet incredible!

Thank you for posting that! I remember seeing a .gif over 10 years ago where a raccoon was bouncing his giant sack. (Those type of things tend to stay in the back of your mind forever). It was so bizarre but now I know where it came from.:) The More You Know...*
I have a lot in common with Royal Tenebaum.
No 44
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Negative » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:28 pm

This isnt dungeon keeper related, reported for advertising.
Negative
Minion
Minion

Postby Logan's Run » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:44 pm

Sign me up.
Logan's Run
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Shimmerwitz » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Pro bono raiding? Sign me up.
Shimmerwitz
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Negative wrote:This isnt dungeon keeper related, reported for advertising.

Bazinga.
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion