HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Talk amongst y'selves!

Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Yes, from start of qualifier until end of tournament. New, kicked or leaving keeper can't join a guild until tournament is over.
5
15%
Yes, from start of qualifier until end of tournament.
1
3%
Yes, only during qualifier.
0
No votes
Yes, only during tournament.
6
18%
No.
17
52%
No, guilds shouldn't be locked, a keeper can fight and guild hopp where he wants. Stars can only earned in tournament for the guild he was in during qualifier.
2
6%
I have a better suggestion, just ....
1
3%
No opinion.
1
3%
 
Total votes : 33

Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Kaihawaii » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:38 am

Should guilds be locked during tournaments to prevent keeper jump back and forth? This is a question following various discussions about recruitment, guild hopping in general, HC tournament community dynamics, etc. You have 1 vote and can change your vote any time.

Upd.:
Kaihawaii wrote:I think the option bulls brought up was worth beeing included. Unfortuantely the poll had a reset. Please vote again. New addition with max votes of one:
No, guilds shouldn't be locked, a keeper can fight and guild hopp where he wants. Stars can only earned during tournament for the guild he was in during qualifier.


Src.: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7456&p=54584#p54582
Last edited by Kaihawaii on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
User avatar
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby alex117 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:05 am

Have an another suggestion...
- kicked members can join others guild directly
- new members joined can't leave immediately, and have to wait a specific time (48h for example or kicked)

and theses specifications even on tournament or not, everytime
----------------------
Alex117, Dread II ~5500 TP, Leader of Dungeon Crawlers
We recruit on our lvl40 guild , Alliance with DKA
User avatar
alex117
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:50 am
Location: France

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Kaihawaii » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:55 am

alex117 wrote:Have an another suggestion...
- kicked members can join others guild directly
- new members joined can't leave immediately, and have to wait a specific time (48h for example or kicked)

and theses specifications even on tournament or not, everytime

Question: What if "new members" are kicked immediately or after some time? This could end still in a lot of hopping. Just "ask friendly" for a kick and nothing changed.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
User avatar
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Bummerrr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:59 pm

What;s the difference between option 1 and 2?

Maybe locked and unlocked tournaments could alternate.
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
User avatar
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 am

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Da Grud » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Has it ever occurred to all those against guild hopping that perhaps, just perhaps the game developers LIKE the added strategy that is created by NOT locking guilds. Let me play it out for you. In the system we have now, there is rarely ever a run away winner in any bracket because if you are in the number 2 or number 3 spot you actively recruit during the tournament to be competitive. This leads to closer competitions, higher star counts & most likely more money in EA's pockets.

If the complainers got their way, than yes all the recruiting would have to be done before the tournament started & chances are there will always be one guild that is better at it then the rest. My guess is that previous winning guilds would be the best at recruiting top star earners as they will have the biggest draw to those serious about winning. Once the tournament starts no one will be able to recruit any longer & therefore the guild that was best able to recruit power star earners prior to the event will run away with the easy win. Having won again the cycle will continue as this guild will further have the advantage in recruiting power star earners & will again dominate in the next tournament.

There is a saying, "Be careful what you wish for or you just might get it." This change that some shortsighted among us want would most likely NOT help guilds like the German Empire win, but instead it would create an unstoppable dynasty guild that would never lose. I experienced a little of this with Downtown Dungeons back when tournaments first started. Once DD became known as the guild with the best chance at winning Horny's Chosen tournament I didn't even have to recruit power players. They came to me. They knew where their best chance at winning was & if they wanted to win they knew they had to join DD. The ironic thing is that it is the very thing that people like Kai don't want (unlocked guilds) that led to DD finally being beat. Other guilds put up a good showing during the tournaments and they were able to recruit other power star earners that didn't like DD until they became strong enough to win against us.

It is the ability to recruit mid tournament that keeps the tournaments close and competitive. Those out there that wish to remove this strategy because for some odd reason they think it gives an unfair advantage to some had really stop and think their suggestion out further. EVERY guild is allowed to recruit mid tournament so it gives NO ONE an advantage over another. The advantage only comes when you have players that refuse to use this strategy for whatever reason (my theory; they lack social skills). Hardly a reason to remove it.



***On a completely seperate note. I do find it odd that the author of this poll allows one to pick up to 4 options. Why would you ever need to pick more than one of the options? There are four different versions of voting for locked guilds and only one version of voting against it. Is the author trying to make it look like more people vote for locked guilds by allowing them to vote four times while only allowing those against it to vote once?
Can you say, "VERY BIASED POLL???"
User avatar
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Logan's Run » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 pm

I created a poll.
Image
User avatar
Logan's Run
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Kaihawaii » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:56 am

Bummerrr wrote:What;s the difference between option 1 and 2?

If you don't put a penalty on leaving members (option 1) it would be easy to implement a loophole/workaround by just kicking members.

Grud: Disagree, but nothing new. Indeed the request is thought through well. Regarding your side note: Some might just wanted to vote for a lock + have a better idea and don't care. The total amount of option 1 isn't biased at all. Nice try anyway to put this poll down as soon as possible.
Da Grud wrote:I experienced a little of this with Downtown Dungeons back when tournaments first started. Once DD became known as the guild with the best chance at winning Horny's Chosen tournament I didn't even have to recruit power players. They came to me. They knew where their best chance at winning was & if they wanted to win they knew they had to join DD. The ironic thing is that it is the very thing that people like Kai don't want (unlocked guilds) that led to DD finally being beat. Other guilds put up a good showing during the tournaments and they were able to recruit other power star earners that didn't like DD until they became strong enough to win against us.

Downtown Dungeon was beaten by a guild with 15/16 members, called Disposable Heroes. Not from guild hoppers. DD broke down, because DH said through me, they will fight against a win from DD (more specific Grud) in future. Everything later happend because of the meltdown of DD and keeper leaving ship after they got beaten up by DH. [Offensive/antagonistic/inflammatory content removed. - Gene]

German empire has no interest in HC at this point. As stated earlier a ring is not that tempting and 40k price is way too low. We can win more for each player during tournament in lower brackets placing 4 guilds on podium. 100k price purse coming in first place, 75k and 50k for 2nd and 3rd would be more interesting.
Da Grud wrote:It is the ability to recruit mid tournament that keeps the tournaments close and competitive. Those out there that wish to remove this strategy because for some odd reason they think it gives an unfair advantage to some had really stop and think their suggestion out further. EVERY guild is allowed to recruit mid tournament so it gives NO ONE an advantage over another. The advantage only comes when you have players that refuse to use this strategy for whatever reason (my theory; they lack social skills). Hardly a reason to remove it.

I still feel sorry for Russia, community just stole their well deserved victory with keepers like Shimmerwitz (aka Putin's Love Goat). The only reason: they don't use the forums (that much). Didn't you guys reflected the fact, that they might speak no english at all? We' might have a handicap here and this should end all chances for a win forever? Same aplies to China btw. Just one fellow from China was active and busy translating from time to time back and forth lately. Our own guild, with (Western) Germany beeing closer to USA than Russia in last two decades has some guys not speaking english (well or at all).

But I guess it's OK to get a little advantage for english speaking fellow keeper and discriminate all other languages with difficulties with boards' native language... :roll:
Last edited by Kaihawaii on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
User avatar
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Daemonizer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 am

Great attempt to have a discussion on this, K.
Good luck.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
User avatar
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby Kaihawaii » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:47 am

Daemonizer wrote:Great attempt to have a discussion on this, K.
Good luck.

A great discussion is always worth putting some things together.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
User avatar
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Should guilds be locked during tournaments?

Postby impel down » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:40 am

Kai if you truly pity russia and believe they lost due to community effort specifically shimmer then please please please join them in T10! Show everyone you're not all negative talk and can also do some star damage. Truth be told you're undermining the hard effort they put in t8 by somewhat portraying them as underdogs. Anyways, just go join them for t10 already since your empire will never measure up in hornys chosen! :lol:
5 RINGS!!!
Some are WINNERS, Some are WHINERS!
and some are....
Image
Image
User avatar
impel down
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Legal Notices    |    Product EULAs & Other Disclaimers    |    Terms of Service     |    Privacy Policy - Your Privacy Rights    |    Corporate Info    |    Online Safety Guidelines

© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.