HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Horny's Chosen Club—Master winners list

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Horny's Chosen Club—Master winners list

Postby Nodnarb » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 pm

So, do we need a DOWNTOWN DUNGEONS win for T12? First to3 rings?
Image Nodnarb | Image Serenity | Image LoonyBen
~ Proud Guild Hopper
Nodnarb
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby PH4N70M » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 am

There will be a Downtown Dungeons relaunch? :)
★▶PH4N70M◀★
DCR 136/ CP >3,5M / TP ~6,2k
DKA - Dungeon Keeper Alliance
PH4N70M
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

TOURNAMENT #12

Postby Da Grud » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 am

Qualifier Start Date: Wednesday, September 24th 2014
Qualifier Start Time: 05:00 GMT / 01:00 EDT
Stars to Qualify: 200

Tournament Start Date: Friday, September 26th 2014
Tournament Start Time: 05:00 GMT / 01:00 EDT
Tournament Duration: 3 Days

Tournament update Threads:. <here> & <here>

Tournament Results...

Tournament Notes: This tournament was a battle between the eventual winners, Russia & Dread Dungeons. Dread Dungeons took the early lead, but only held on to it for about an hour before the Russia guild took first place & never gave it up.

At the end of day 1, Russia had a lead of about 14,000 stars over the second place guild. However, the gains stopped there. Dread Dungeons basically matched Russia's star counts the next day & still found themselves about 14k behind at the end of day 2.

Most guilds would have given up and accepted second place by now, but that's not in the nature of these top three winning guilds (Russia, Skar Tactics & Dread Dungeons). Instead Dread Dungeons decided they'd make a hard push to win gold on day three. They rallied everyone to push hard and they actually closed that 14k gap to just around 2,000 by days end despite Russia also increasing it's star generating speed. Both guilds should be recognized and congratulated for there win & efforts.

Five of the last 6 tournaments have found the same three guilds at the top of the winner's podium: Skar Tactics, Russia & Dread Dungeons. These three guilds have each taken their respective turns at the top position & each has taken an easy some tournaments and settled for bronze until we now find ourselves in the very unique position of having all three of these guilds with two rings—Welcome to the two-ring club, btw Russia. :D

I'm positive that each of them wants the bragging rights to say that they were the FIRST guild to win three rings. Which means that tournament 13 is set up to be one very interesting and highly contested battle indeed. Get out the popcorn it should be one hell of a show.

***I was unable to find a breakdown of Russia Guild's numbers. If you have it please send to me via PM & I will include here.

Here however is a breakdown of the top 20 star earners in the second place guild, Dread Dungeons...

Curious about the other tournament winners? <Click Here>

AUTHOR'S NOTES: It is my hope to record a complete & accurate accounting of each tournament in question. As I am only one individual however, with only my own personally experiences in these tournaments I am sure to miss some stories that others may wish to have recorded. Please PM me if you find any corrections that need to be made or if you have any additional content you feel is missing.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby PH4N70M » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 am

Great, Greater, Grud
;)
★▶PH4N70M◀★
PH4N70M
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Blitz Tournament #1

Postby Da Grud » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Qualifier Start Date: Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Qualifier Start Time: 18:00 GMT / 14:00 EDT
Stars to Qualify: 2,000

Tournament Start Date: Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Tournament Start Time: 18:00 GMT / 14:00 EDT
Tournament Duration: 1 Day
Tournament Modifier: 30% Dungeon Heart buff

Tournament update Thread:. <click here>

Tournament Results...

Tournament Notes: This was the very first Blitz Tournament to be held. EA gave everyone a one day heads up that they would be holding a one day modified tournament the following day known as a Blitz tournament. It originally was only going to be for 35 guilds in two brackets (25 in Horny's Bracket & 10 in a regular bracket) but due to an eruption of complaints EA later decided to add another 40 seats to the regular bracket...

Subject: Tourney seats... What???
DKDev_Chris wrote:Hi everyone,

I am happy to announce that we will be opening up the normal bracket to allow up to an additional 40 Guilds to qualify...

Gene also told us about a new currency that was going to be introduced as a prize in this tournament (in addition to gems), called Dreadstones. Dreadstones, we were told would soon be able to be used to buy a new immortal & two new types of traps that were scheduled for release in the next update.

This announcement both excited and enraged people as those that were able to win tournaments and thus win DreadStones became excited about the prospect of new content while many players that didn't wish to compete or that could not win tournament grew angry at the idea of new content being released that they felt they'd never be able to receive. The forum exploded with complaints until finally EA responded...

Subject: Blitz Tournaments and Dreadstone
DKDev_Chris wrote:...for players concerned that they will they be forever excluded from attaining the content associated with Dreadstone, the Dev team already has plans to award this new currency for activities beyond tournaments with future updates. Make no mistake, however, that tournaments will remain the primary source for this currency's accrual.

Now drama aside, due to the new reward being offered (Dreadstones) & the lack of tournament seats available (75 total) this tournament saw a huge amount of recruiting and consolidating of guilds going on. I have not seen players so psyched about a tournament since the first Horny's Chosen tournament. If you were a top star earning keeper, you were in high demand and the top guilds were probably actively recruiting you.

Several of those strong star earners were in a guild called "The Seven Kingdoms." A small group of keepers from Skar Tactics decided after tournament 12 that they wanted to start a new guild. So they left their top winning guild and created "The Seven Kingdoms" (Game of Thrones fans rejoice). Of course they weren't big enough to compete yet seriously in the Horny's bracket of tournaments so most of the members temporarily joined other guilds during the blitz tournament to compete. 5 of these keepers joined Dread Dungeons (marked by red stars in guild breakdown below) while others went back to Skar Tactics to compete.

Dread Dungeons pretty much dominated this Blitz tournament from the start. They were never really challenged for first as their lead just continued to grow & grow as this tournament proceeded until they eventually won it with just shy of a 20,000 star lead. Considering the Keepers from "The Seven Kingdoms" guild earned just short of 20,000 stars & that they would have been fighting for Skar Tactics (the second place team) had they not left to form their own guild, it's very safe to assume that these 5 Keepers decided the winner of this match.

Not to take anything away from Dread Dungeons, they were clever enough to be able to recruit these Keepers and together all of them put up record breaking numbers. When all the dust settled, Dread Dungeons earned over 94,000 stars in just one day. If this had been a normal three day tournament & they had kept up this pace, they would have earned over 280,000 stars for the match. The current record is held by the Russia guild who earned 176,579 stars back in tournament 10, partly helped by a reduce summoning time promo. Dread put up numbers that would have smashed that record by over 100k stars & they did it with no reduced summoning time promo in effect. In fact there was a 30% increased HP buff added to everyone's dungeon hearts, making this feat all that more impressive.

***Since there was only one other bracket, I included the other bracket's winner, Beautiful Oblivion as a comparison of the amount of stars earned by all the top winning guilds.

In the end, three guilds started this match with two rings. Those same three guilds once again found themselves atop the winners podeum. However, now one of them has FINALLY earned their third ring. Congratulations to Dread Dungeons! They are officially, now and forever more, the FIRST guild to ever win three separate Horny's Chosen tournaments.... Well done.

Breakdown of all the guild's star earners...

***Red stars denote the members of "The Seven Kingdoms" guild who joined to help Dread Dungeons win.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: It is my hope to record a complete & accurate accounting of each tournament in question. As I am only one individual however, with only my own personally experiences in these tournaments I am sure to miss some stories that others may wish to have recorded. Please PM me if you find any corrections that need to be made or if you have any additional content you feel is missing.
Last edited by Da Grud on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

TOURNAMENT #13

Postby Da Grud » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Qualifier Start Date: Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Qualifier Start Time: 13:00 GMT / 09:00 EDT

Tournament Start Date: Friday, October 10th, 2014
Tournament Start Time: 13:00 GMT / 09:00 EDT

Tournament Results...

Tournament Notes: I suppose it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise when you look at the last four tournaments just who was going to win this one...

• Tournament 10 — Russia won
  • Tournament 11 — Dread Dungeons won
  • Tournament 12 — Russia won
  • Blitz Tourney 1 — Dread Dungeons won

There is a definite pattern there & following that pattern it was Russia's turn to win. Therefore, it should have surprised no one when Russia earned over twice the stars of Dread Dungeons in just the first hour of play.

However, it wasn't just the Russia guild this time fighting in the tournament. As is the trend when it comes to winning a ring in Horny's Chosen bracket, Skar Tactics teamed up with Russia to create a super guild for tournament 13. Rumor has it that both the Russia guild & Skar Tactics very cleverly struck a deal to help each other win in alternating tournaments.

Dread Dungeons had many keepers still recovering from their win in the previous Blitz tournament & because of this fact and the determination of the Russia/Skar alliance members they simply found themselves outmatched this go 'round.

Russia continued to increase their lead as the tournament progressed...

• 9k lead @ 3 hours in
  • 14k lead @ 12 hours in
  • 23k lead @ 1 day in
  • 36k lead @ half way point
  • 39k lead @ 2 days in

...Until finally they had a 44k lead at the finale of the tournament.

All said and done it was a pretty uneventful tournament. There was no real challenge for first, second or third place. The guilds in those positions stayed in those positions throughout the entire tournament.

We did see a new player on the leaderboard in third place, but one could argue that was only because Skar Tactics temporarily merged with Russia so they didn't compete in their own guild. Time will tell, I suppose if this new third place challenger will be a serious contender in the future.

Congratulations to Russia. They are the second guild to win a third ring and maybe, just maybe they will become the first to win four.

Breakdown of Russia guilds top star earners...

Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

TOURNAMENT #14

Postby Da Grud » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:35 am

Qualifier Start Date: Wednesday, October 22nd 2014
Qualifier Start Time: 17:00 GMT / 13:00 EDT

Tournament Start Date: Friday, October 24th 2014
Tournament Start Time: 17:00 GMT / 13:00 EDT

Tournament Results...

Tournament Notes: This was an EPIC tournament. By the time it ended we would see first place change leaders 6 times, we'd see 2 different guilds SMASH a record, there would be many sleepless nights, a guild leader would leave his guild & the game forever & we'd see one guild become the first ever to win a fourth golden ring...

Following the winners pattern I pointed out in my tournament 13 update (ie. Dread wins, Russia wins, Dread wins, Russia wins...), it was Dread Dungeons turn to win this tournament. However, due to the not-so-secret alliance between Skar Tactics & Russia, where they agreed to team up & alternate each guild winning, early on it looked like we might break that pattern and finally have a new winner, Skar Tactics in T14.

Skar Tacics certainly was confident they were going to win before the tournament started. One of it's members even was so bold as to create a thread to taunt Dread Dungeons basically claiming that the winner was predetermined & the "REAL" contest was going to be an internal competition for top spot inside the Skarussia guild.

Subject: skarussia epic tournament!
Nighteyes/Nosy wrote:Just to make it clear this thread is for the tourny inside skarussia not for hc. If after the tournament dd members want to post their top star earners to see where they would fair in this epic alliance of star champions I will allow it.

Perhaps because of the smack talk or maybe just because they were well rested, Dread Dungeons came out strong taking the early lead, but Skar Tactics put up one hell of a fight & we saw the lead change 6 different times...

In the end tho Dread Dungeons was just too determined & they took the win. Giving them their fourth gold ring & becoming the first guild to do so.

No let's talk numbers... Before this tournament the most stars ever earned by a guild was 176,579 in Tournament 10 partly helped by a reduced minion summoning time boost that was in effect...

This tournaments saw not one, but two guilds not only beat that record but SMASH it. Both Skar Tactics and Dread Dungeons set a new bar by pulling in 245,978 stars & 258,245 stars respectively. To make this feat even more impressive, they both did it without any promotion going on to make star acquisition easier.
(Source threads: <here> & <here>)

One must feel a little bad for Skar Tactics. They did an incredible job working together & they pulled in some incredible numbers only to come up short of winning their third ring. Any other tournament they would have ran away with a first place victory, but not this one. Because of this heartbreaking defeat or perhaps for other reasons, at the end of tournament 14 the leader of Skar Tactics (also named Skar Tactics) quit the game forever. Saying only that the game was too demanding & took him away from his real life responsibilities too much.

I wish you well Skar. You have accomplished a lot here. You WILL be remembered & missed, but you made the right call. When this game starts affecting your real life it's time to put it away.

Skar Tactics is now being lead by Vera (dungeon name GOLDDUST) from the GOLDDUST guild. Vera is a hell of a gal & I'm sure she will lead well in her new top guild.

On a different topic... Sadly this is probably the last tournament that we will see numbers like we did here. At the conclusion of tournament 14 update 4.2 came out and it was announced that the gem prize for winning ALL brackets would be greatly decreased from this point on.

Subject: Tournament Payouts
DKDev_Chris wrote:As promised, here are the new Tournament rewards with update 4.2. Again, this does not include Blitz Tournament rewards, but rather the “normal” Tournaments that occur every other week.

Elite bracket:
1st: 15,000 Gems / 2,000 Dreadstones
2nd: 10,000 Gems / 1,600 Dreadstones
3rd: 5,000 Gems / 1,300 Dreadstones
4-10th: 500 Gems / 1,000 Dreadstones
11-20th: 250 Gems / 750 Dreadstones
21-25th: 100 Gems / 400 Dreadstones

Normal brackets:
1st: 5,000 Gems / 600 Dreadstones
2nd: 3,500 Gems / 480 Dreadstones
3rd: 2,000 Gems / 390 Dreadstones
4-10th: 150 Gems / 300 Dreadstones
11-25th: 100 Gems / 225 Dreadstones
26-40th: 50 Gems / 150 Dreadstones

Lottery: 5,000 Gems / 1,250 Dreadstones

It is unlikely that the guilds that compete in the Horny Bracket will ever be willing to spend the gems necessary to get record breaking totals like we saw here when the prize they are awarded for doing so has been reduced so much. I suppose time will tell.

Now for the breakdown of the stars earned inside the winning guild...

Also, even tho they didn't win, Skar Tactics DID put up record breaking numbers too so I feel it's only right to at the very least give some recognition to that guild's top star earners...

Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby m0rgan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:36 pm

X - minutes from beggining
Y - kilo-stars
Lines (from up to down):
1. Russian digger
2. Russian Warcraft
3. Beautiful Oblivion
4. The Sevem Kingdoms (sometimes in middle German Empire)
m0rgan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby PH4N70M » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:37 am

nice graph
but don't understand the relationship between TSK & GE...
★▶PH4N70M◀★
PH4N70M
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby m0rgan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 pm

PH4N70M wrote:but don't understand the relationship between TSK & GE...

Line at bottom shows stars for 4th place. Most of blitz time TSK was on 4th place. But in the middle for a some time GE was on a 4th place.
m0rgan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion