HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Horny's Chosen Club—Master winners list

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Horny's Chosen Club—Master winners list

Postby Nodnarb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:46 pm

DVK wrote:Wow very interesting to read, kinda makes me want to compete for a ring, instead of the usual 10.000

YOU CAN DO IT!
Image Nodnarb | Image Serenity | Image LoonyBen
~ Proud Guild Hopper
Nodnarb
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby D!G » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. A good read.....where do you find the time. Hats off to you.
D!G
3,100/315,000
Dread Dungeons
Previous Guilds - Brotherhood, Downtown Dungeons, Friend Zone, Vendi Vidi Vici, SG
D!G
Minion
Minion

TOURNAMENT #11

Postby Da Grud » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Qualifier Start Date: Wednesday, September 10th 2014
Qualifier Start Time: 13:00 GMT / 17:00 EDT
Stars to Qualify: 200

Tournament Start Date: Friday, September 12th 2014
Tournament Start Time: 13:00 GMT / 17:00 EDT
Tournament Duration: 3 Days

Tournament update Thread:. <click here>

Tournament Results...

Tournament Notes: This tournament was basically a battle between two previous ring winners, Skar Tactics & Dread Dungeons. Skar was going for their third ring and Dread Dungeons was hoping to join the two-ring club. The tournament 10 winners, Russia decided they weren't really going to try and win this go round. They decided instead to give their members a break from the pressure.

Because Russia decided to not compete in this tournament it's two top star earners from tournament 10 decided to help Dread Dungeons win their second ring...

Промстрой4 (aka. Promstroy4) & rammstein were both originally members of Brothers guild, which merged with Dread Dungeons. So their fighting for Dread Dungeons was in a way a homecoming for the two of them. During the tournament some members of Skar Tactics thought that Russia and Dread Dungeons felt they couldn't beat Skar Tactics on their own and therefore they decided to join forces to take on Skar Tactics together...

Subject: T11 - HC
Bummerrr wrote:Looks like we have a Dread/Russia alliance to contend with! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em

In truth tho, Promstroy4 & rammstein were the only members from the Russia guild that fought in Dread Dungeons & they both had joined the guild before the qualifier so it was a decision made before the tournament even started.

I (The Soup Nazi) on the other hand had planned to solo win a minor bracket of the tournament without using any gems to speed up the resupplying of my minions. As luck would have it I actually found myself seeded in what turned out to be the lowest scoring bracket of this tournament. I'm therefore quite sure I would have been successful had I not decided midway through the first day to scrap my plans and go for another goal.

You see, I didn't want to see Skar Tactics win a third ring. It wasn't personal, I just didn't want them have more rings than my old guild, Downtown Dungeons. When I saw Skar Tactics take a pretty sizable early lead in the first hours of the tournament I decided to go join Dread Dungeons & see if I could help them win instead.

Now I wish this was a story about me swooping in and saving the day, but in truth I think Dread Dungeons still would have won even without my 23,000 stars. When I joined the guild, 9 hours into the tournament Skar was ahead by 7,000 stars. I quickly earned 2,000 stars before going to sleep for the night and Skar still had something like a 6,000 star lead. When I woke up the next morning however, Dread Dungeons had closed the gap & were now only behind by a mere 1,200 stars...

A few hours later, at the end of day 1, Dread Dungeons had taken the lead & they were now ahead by a margin of 1,200 stars..

Skar put up a good battle, but the leads never changed again & Dread Dungeons just kept pulling further & further ahead until they found themselves ahead by over 14,000 stars at the end of day 2...

Day three was much the same. The lead just kept growing until in the end Dread Dungeons was ahead by over 25,000 stars & they won their second ring.

Personally this is the fourth ring I have been a part of winning, but it's the first one I've won since tournament 6. I had forgotten how much fun it can be in a great guild when it's full of super competitive players all try'n their hardest to win a ring. In a really competitive guild you find a lot of internal competition amongst the individual keepers that drives everyone to push harder and win more stars. I found myself competing with Promstroy4 for the top spot in the guild while several others in Dread Dungeons had little side bets going to see who could beat who.

I bring this up because I think this is something that is partly responsible for the much higher star totals you see in the Horny's Chosen bracket as opposed to the normal brackets. I believe this is a common characteristic found in all the ring winning guilds & I suggest to all guild leaders out there that if you wish to drive your own guilds numbers up, try to create some internal competition amongst your members.

Breakdown of Dread Dungeon's top 25 star earners...

Curious about the other tournament winners? <Click Here>

AUTHOR'S NOTES: It is my hope to record a complete & accurate accounting of each tournament in question. As I am only one individual however, with only my own personally experiences in these tournaments I am sure to miss some stories that others may wish to have recorded. Please PM me if you find any corrections that need to be made or if you have any additional content you feel is missing.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:35 am

Beside the purple "me, me" stories just another example why guild locks are mandatory. Just some 2 cents. Anyway: Great performance from both guilds.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Bills Hell » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:27 am

Stop trying to stop stuff, thats why the game is growing old. The game was better when you had more stuff, over powered stuff so you can blow things up. Thats what could have made this game great. We are all building dungeons that never were ment to be unbeatable. So now you have a game that has less stuff to play with. And no to locked guilds, free choice rules.
Bills Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Bummerrr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 pm

23,000 stars is mighty impressive!!

In defense of ST: Some of our members were burnt out from the previous battle against Russia and took a vacation. When we fell behind considerably, we unilaterally decided that it would cost the 30 or so active members too many gems to beat dread. Could we have done it? Maybe... I think we can all agree the HC is a gem sink though. So we settled for second. Congratz to Dread Dungeons!

Don't get too comfortable though! ST is getting their 3rd ring eventually!
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Da Grud » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Bummerrr wrote:Don't get too comfortable though! ST is getting their 3rd ring eventually!

Of that I have no doubt, my friend... Skar Tactics is a mighty guild indeed & perhaps one day I'll ask to join you guys for a tournament as well. :P
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Bummerrr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Da Grud wrote:
Bummerrr wrote:Don't get too comfortable though! ST is getting their 3rd ring eventually!

Of that I have no doubt, my friend... Skar Tactics is a mighty guild indeed & perhaps one day I'll ask to join you guys for a tournament as well. :P

That would be one hell of a run! 8-)

haha :)
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Langolier » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Da Grud wrote:

Maybe then id have some competition for the top spot.
Langolier

Postby Imoutomoe » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 pm

OMG! 23k stars, that's 10 times what I made, how is such a number even possible?
Imoutomoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion