HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

HOW TO: record a replay (IOS no jailbreak)

Talk amongst y'selves!

HOW TO: record a replay (IOS no jailbreak)

Postby d18c7db » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Download AirServer available for Mac and Windows. This guide is for Windows since Apple products are so intuitive and easy to use, no one needs instructions ;)

There is a quick registration and you will be emailed a download link and an activation code for the software.
If this works well for you and you like using it, consider buying it. It's only $15 for a personal license.

Install the software and run it. Paste the demo licence you received in the box and click next.

Once activation is successful, you have full feature access to the software for a week or so.

The AirServer will sit in your task bar. Yes, my PC is Evil, deal with it :)

Now you need your PC and iPhone sitting on a common network. There are a few possibilities here, the most common is that you are at home and they are both connected to the same WLAN.

If that is not the case, by far the easiest way is to connect the iPhone to your PC with a USB cable and enable the iPhone's personal hotspot.

Once the blue bar on your iPhone shows 1 connection and AirServer is running on your PC, swipe up from the bottom on your iPhone to bring up the quick settings. You should see AirPlay towards the bottom under the music controls. Tap it.

You should now see in the list the name of your PC. Tap it and slide the Mirroring to ON.

You should now see on your PC an exact copy of everything on your iPhone screen. If you right click on the PC screen (not sure how you right click on a Mac, apparently one mouse button is all you'll ever need) you will have the option to Record the screen.

Once you have on the screen the thing you want to record, eg run the DK game, start an attack or defense replay, start record on the PC, let it run through. You can zoom in and out of the battle as you wish, everything that goes on the screen is being recorded exactly.

When you're finished, right click the screen and stop recording. You are prompted for a file name and your video will ve saved into that file. Takes a few minutes as the raw recording is converted to a .wmv file.

This is the only drawback I can find with this software, having to deal with a proprietary MS .wmv format. I wish they encoded to a different more open container. In any case, once you have your video file, upload it to youtube and share the link here on the forum :) or email it to a friend or keep it as a souvenir of when you once beat a dread dungeon with nothing but a wet noodle.
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: HOW TO: record a replay (IOS no jailbreak)

Postby Da Grud » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Great instructions. Thanx for taking the time to put it together.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Da Pitts » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:25 am

Massive thanks 4 this, I will put the time u put into this to good use, as I sure will others!
Dungeon violator
Guild ActivXodus
Da Pitts
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Logan's Run » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:11 am

+1 Sticky this please!
Logan's Run
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:32 am

Logan's Run wrote:+1 Sticky this please!

OK :)
Gene_Mythic

Postby Keithustus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 am

You lost me at Personal Hotspot. I play on an iPad and only connect via wifi. How do I do it on this device?
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Moonwalker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:56 pm

U can use the app shou for ios , easy to handle , works perkfekt
Moonwalker
Dh 10 / DCR 25 / Cp 1Mil+ / TP 3200+
Guild:Moon's Bar
Moonwalker

Postby Keithustus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:49 am

Do you mean "Shou.TV mobile game streaming"? I just installed it and only see options to watch videos, not broadcast them from my iPad.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shou.tv ... 48480?mt=8
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby purgatoria » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:01 am

Just take a sierries of screen shots and photo shop a slideshow. And went people tell you your video sucks, say it dosen't then blame their devices data connectivity.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:29 am

purgatoria wrote:Just take a sierries of screen shots and photo shop a slideshow. And went people tell you your video sucks, say it dosen't then blame their devices data connectivity.

lol
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion