HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Feb 14, 2014

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Feb 14, 2014

Postby trev186 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:28 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:You need to have resources to be vulnerable, otherwise nobody will ever PvP raid.

yes and should losers be rewarded in PVP?

If the defender wins should they be losing 100s of thousands of resources
Keowsk

Mwa-Ha-Ha!
trev186
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Creech » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 pm

PvP should be balanced, its not. Players aren't raiding enough resources we are told, perhaps this is because its more efficient to lose.

You get res still.
You don't need to spend much to get in.
You lose points.
You don't need to spend your mana.

Deamonizer mentioned the guild thing.

This isn't a social game, there's no proximity or map or anything else to draw people together. I don't really care if there's a guild or not but I don't want to have a guild bank, its just a waste of blank dirt space for me.

I'm not a game designer, Im not your beta tester, I am a player of games for about 30 years so far with disposable income that would like to play a decent game. That isn't going to happen here it seems to me.

There's just one reason I'm still logging in. I'm hoping things will change to let me play casually. I don't want to be the best or even very good (evil). If resources can't be accumulated over time casual players won't play, those who live with phone in hand tapping the screen every 5 mins might play, those who are left i guess are the buyers of gems who buy their res to upgrade their rooms. This really isn't a good enough game to spend money on, its good enough to capture a little of the atmosphere of DK.

Instead of getting the Chinese to reskin another game, should have made a game that played like the original.
Creech
Keeper
Keeper

Re: UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Feb 13, 2014

Postby cold_hell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:06 pm

cold_hell wrote:People with low level hearts and high everything else benefit the most from this, along with new players. Balance it out, available plunder should depend on more than one factor, i.e. a combination of attacker and defender's
Heart levelS
Number and level of mines
Number and level of stone/gold storages
Etc.
NOT JUST THE DEFENDER'S HEART LEVEL. :)
cold_hell
Minion
Minion

Postby cold_hell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:10 pm

also it sucks waiting 10-20 minutes between raids. Have a multiple army structure, allow people to have 10 armies stored up to raid without delay. Better have a guild like warehouse to withdraw from, allow 50 of each unit in there, you get the drift
cold_hell
Minion
Minion

Postby Daemonizer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:46 pm

I've seen a few comments here and there about someone thinking they were attacked multiple times in a row by members of a Guild systematically taking a portion of the dungeon without triggering a cave-in.

Is this possible? How does anyone target a dungeon without doing a Revenge raid? Does a guild just tell members to pay the price and click through all possible dungeons to raid until they find the target? That doesn't seem likely or worthwhile. Or does a raid on a member of a Guild give each member a Revenge button? That doesn't seem fair.

Anybody have an explanation for this?
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby spcbrass » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm the one who posted it.

It is very simple and would certainly require an element of luck, but all you have to do is make an announcement in the guild chat. Keeper X is showing 500K stone, target that dungeon if you see it. Enter the dungeon push it to the brink say 47% and bail on the rest of the raid before you cave that dungeon in.

I have seen one member of the guild with what appears to be a scouting boost enter first and make their way to all disposable traps to set them off to clear the road for the others. They take what they can and bail with time on the clock and minions in the dungeon. Second keeper enters 5-10 minutes later goes straight for resources, take dungeon close to 50% and bail on attack with minions left in the dungeon. Third keeper same. Once your resources are dried up the final keeper will come straight for your heart and sometimes your immortal. These kinds of attacks are about as ruthless as it gets.

One such guild, has got their own website and their own chat rooms independent of the forums and the game chat room. It is not my guild, and I won't name them here. They have a strategy for each and every op level dungeon. Where to enter, which room to take out first, minions and spells that can be used, basically if you are in the top 100 on any list, they have a complete book on how to beat you.

Sounds like overkill doesn't it? But you would be surprised at what some people would go through just to win a game...

:roll:
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Daemonizer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Incredible. :shock:

Thanks for giving me nightmares.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby last year's bun » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:You need to have resources to be vulnerable, otherwise nobody will ever PvP raid.

last year's bun wrote: The increased plunder cap will have no effect on these dungeons (i.e players who spend resources before logging off). In order to encourage players to leave resources vulnerable (the increased cost of things is a poorly devised solution) you have to incentivize that behaviour(think "why would I leave resources vulnerable when the only possible outcome is that I become equal or worse off for doing so?"). Off the top of my head, one way that would encourage me to leave out resources is to let vulnerable resources benefit me such as giving me interest on vulnerable resources. Increasing the plunder cap actually penalizes the very behaviour you are trying to encourage.
last year's bun
Minion
Minion

Postby 12coins » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Last night was totally a nightmare for me. Expecting for evry weekend from now on, I rather do some saving on weekday and spend all I have before Friday.

Even i try to revenge someone who took all my resources, the game still redirect to WRONG PERSON WITH CRASHING DURING REVENGE RAID - GET THAT FIXED PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
12coins

Postby Trixster » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 pm

ANY UPDATE ON:

When upgrading buildings and traps, I don't have problems with the game not showing the proper icon for upgrade in process, with how much time is left, but if I try to do some digging on 4 hr/24hr blocks, sure enough, I get the infamous "blue tile" which does not show progress, and then sure enough I get the 2/4 imps in use when actually all 4 are in use. This just cost me 25,000 stone as I had to cancel one upgrade to do another.

My only workaround is to delete the game and reinstall (iOS) making sure NOT to delete my Game Center profile. This re-enables a zillion pop up messages like I am playing the game for the first time, which is, err, "fun" about the 10th time that I have to reinstall the game.

Any update?
I HAVE QUIT AND GOT A REFUND. ADIOS!
Back to PC gaming!
Awesome: Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstein The New Order.
Fail: Watch Dogs (terrible controls, sterile)
Trixster
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs