HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING CHANGES: Cave-Ins / Resource Plundering

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING CHANGES: Cave-Ins / Resource Plundering

Postby hulkie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:35 am

forget about the feedbacks and complaints. they wont listen at all. just tell them to go play and see how they are going to save enough for the high level upgrades.. at lower level, we are still able to raid and then upgrade a few buildings. but at higher levels, can the guys on the dev team enlighten us how do save enough for these upgrades? since it is impossible to defend, then its impossible to save. so what is the objective in increasing a keeper's plunderable resource when after you have successfully raided the amount, it is then left in your own storage for others to raid you. can the people in the dev team tell me anyone successfully defended or at least able to defend and protect their millions when they need them for upgrades? the high level players here already complaining and feedback it is impossible to defend and protect their resources unless they login and glued to their smartphones/tablets without logging out so people cannot raid them. is this how mythic want us to play? is this suppose to be the way to play a game, when you are forced to stay online 24/7 if you wanna safeguard your resources because you need them for upgrades! stupid logic.. this dev team simply isn't listening at all.. unless something is fixed in the game system, i guess there will be lots of players stagnating when they reach a higher level, because the so called upgrades are mission impossible then..

well done, EA and mythic..
hulkie

Postby HeavyD-211 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:56 pm

I no longer re- set my traps, I would typically successfully defend two raids and loose the third when I am logged off. By not resetting traps, Ioose the first raid, preserve more resources and get a cave-in. I'm very frustrated trying to accumulate 5 mil stone for upgrades
HeavyD-211

Postby Mentyx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 am

In my opinion, you should'nt get reward if you do not destroy the heart. So you might as well destroy 4 treasury and 4 warehouse, if you do not destroy to heart, you get mostly nothing or just a fraction of it as a reward.

This, would insure that the opponent would get a cave-in and the other will be force to improve their strategy and not just aiming for the money.

The heart is the only thing that matters. The defence rooms should give anything as they are there to protect what's important. Treasury, warehouse and the Heart.
Dungeon Kreepers is recruiting. Find us and let's start a war.
Mentyx

Postby last year's bun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:32 am

Mentyx wrote:In my opinion, you should'nt get reward if you do not destroy the heart.
(sic..)
The heart is the only thing that matters. (sic..)

Then wouldn't this create a reverse extreme of the current situation? People would place defensive rooms only around the heart and any non-defensive rooms such as the treasuries and warehouses would be left undefended in the open. As long as I can protect that one room in my dungeon, I can protect 100% of my resources.
last year's bun
Minion
Minion

Postby whambarkid » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:38 am

It's all about balance,

I think the "attrition" victory needs raising, yet a large penalty (-50%)should be deducted if the heart is not taken.

Cave-in should be rewarded on 30%, win or lose.
"better the devil you know"
whambarkid
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby MWyatt_Mythic » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:44 am

The Cave-In at 40% is Live and we'll continue thinking about shifting the weights around on where Gold/Stone is stored. In the event that it's something we end up deciding to do then that will be a new thread.

Thanks for the contributions to the discussion everyone.
Michael J. Wyatt
Senior Designer
Electronic Arts
MWyatt_Mythic
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to From the Devs