HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING CHANGES: Room Builds and Upgrades

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING CHANGES: Room Builds and Upgrades

Postby Cyberkristiyan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:56 am

Hatchery remains unchanged? I hope timers as well as stone costs are reduced for traps at least. 2 days for a bug zapper at 360000 stone is too much.
Cyberkristiyan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Padaworld » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:42 am

Hey guys,
I downloaded the update (11mo) but the costs have not changed ( still 210k for dark library for example)
Is it normal ? :)
Padaworld

Postby MWyatt_Mythic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 am

Cyberkristiyan wrote:Hatchery remains unchanged? I hope timers as well as stone costs are reduced for traps at least. 2 days for a bug zapper at 360000 stone is too much.

Correct on the Hatchery. Rooms that require Gold to build and upgrade aren't being adjusted.

Traps revisions are next up; we agree that some of them are just too expensive.
Michael J. Wyatt
Senior Designer
Electronic Arts
MWyatt_Mythic
Developer
Developer

Postby MWyatt_Mythic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 am

Padaworld wrote:Hey guys,
I downloaded the update (11mo) but the costs have not changed ( still 210k for dark library for example)
Is it normal ? :)

The changes aren't live yet - we'll let everyone know once they are!
Michael J. Wyatt
Senior Designer
Electronic Arts
MWyatt_Mythic
Developer
Developer

Postby spive » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 am

could you also make it so traps are able to be REARMED rather replace them. my imps are on a great journey of digging out my dungeon and when i get attacked i have no way of replaceing them...
spive

Postby last year's bun » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:29 pm

MWyatt_Mythic wrote:
trev186 wrote:any chance a change for traps and doors too ? :))

These are being looked into right now, actually.

Dear MWyatt,

Please also reconsider the damage numbers on some traps. For instance, the Anti Air trap at level 1 has 108 damage firing once every 3.5 seconds. That's 30.85-ish damage per second (DPS). The upgrade adds 12 damage, which increases DPS by 3.42-ish. It takes 14 seconds (3.5 hits => 4 attacks) to kill a ghost, and this number goes up to 17.5 seconds (4.2 hits = > 5 attacks) for a level 2 trap vs a level 2 ghost. It has no way of keeping up with the health scaling of flying minions - it costs too much to upgrade (570k stone from level 1 to 2) for too little improvement.

Also, a huge quality of life improvement is to allow replacing one-time-use traps without needing an imp available.
last year's bun
Minion
Minion

Postby Wargasm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 pm

spive wrote:could you also make it so traps are able to be REARMED rather replace them. my imps are on a great journey of digging out my dungeon and when i get attacked i have no way of replaceing them...

NOT to speak for anyone at mythic...But i think that's designed in.. ;) and the curse of leading your minions...

GASP..
do i save and lose it when I log? or spend it?!
should I keep an imp on reserve? or send them all digging??!?
do I need that door? omg.. or that hallway completed faster??????!!!???!?

haha..

War..
...yes.. I'm the original.. accept no substitutes.
Wargasm
Minion
Minion

Postby spive » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:59 pm

clash of clans.
spive

Postby spcbrass » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:15 pm

The auto replacement of traps brings up another possible paradox. If you have placed your disposable traps well they could make the difference between a win an a loss. In my own dungeon the final approach to my heart is loaded with chicken bombs and stone traps. A keeper that ends up on this path when it is fully loaded can barely reach the heart and when they do they have very little heath left and my heart is able to finish them off. If a second keeper comes along with those traps out of the way they have a much better chance at victory. Now if the traps continually re-arm themselves I could be looking at much fewer cave-ins potentially resulting in a much larger loss of resources for going away.

So the question is do I want to win or would I rather protect my precious resources? I am looking to balance both with my current design. Now my dungeon will still be beat by the experienced keeper that recognizes the pattern from the outset or the keeper with a scouting boost that can see where they dare not enter. It will also be beat by the keeper willing to throw gems at it. Do I really need the trophies? The answer is no!
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:38 pm

The changes noted by MWyatt_Mythic earlier in this thread have now been pushed live.

Official Hotfix Notes posted here.

Reminder: As with most Hotfixes/Updates, guild information and functionality may be a bit wonky for a bit after we push the Hotfix to Live. For those experiencing issues with guild information "missing", etc... please try completely closing out of the game, and re-launching the app, to refresh.
Gene_Mythic

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs