HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING CHANGES: Room Builds and Upgrades

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING CHANGES: Room Builds and Upgrades

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:23 pm

whambarkid wrote:What a surprise, shafting the loyal players again. Thanks Mythic, and now you know why most of us Day 1 players won't invest another cent.

Given the fact that our playerbase is ever-changing, with folks adding on at different times, there are always going to be times where there is a seeming disparity between the "veteran player experience" and the "newer player experience".

Keeping a scorecard of "they got something I didn't get", or "they're getting something that I didn't get" is only going to lead to disappointment. The fact is, there has been - and will continue to be - an ebb and flow within the game, concerning feature availability, status of the in-game economy, etc. And depending on where you "got on the bus", your experience might be different than the person that got on a few stops before you, and that of someone getting on a few stops after you. That is the nature of the beast, and has been, in most games that I've played over the last decade.

As has been mentioned before, when the game team changes the price of something in the game (up or down), those items are from that moment on going to cost whatever they changed it to, unless/until it should change again at some point in the future. While we're not able to process individual refunds for the difference in the manner requested, we're also not going to debit anyone any amount that they managed to benefit from, due to a lower PREVIOUS price point, should a price get adjusted higher.
Gene_Mythic

Postby johnz45 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:32 pm

spcbrass wrote:
whambarkid wrote:

What a surprise, shafting the loyal players again. Thanks Mythic, and now you know why most of us Day 1 players won't invest another cent.

Says the guy who bought all 6 imps on day #1 for $20... By the way some of those prices to initially build certain buildings are still higher than what we paid to initially build them. Torture chamber at 900K wasn't that the cost of the lv3 upgrade at some point? Graveyard at 350K that was the cost to upgrade to level two at some point as well. Care again to tell all of the new folks just how bad you got shafted?

Quoted for truth. I wish I got in when all 6 imps were $20. You can't really complain day 1 players got shafted at all... I lost 3M stone from canceling due no dialog (which is fixed now) but it is just the way it is during beta days, no complaints.
Last edited by johnz45 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnz45
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby varlania2674 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Why on earth does it take 4 days to upgrade a treasury or a warehouse ? This game appears to be way too time consuming. 24 hrs to cut through a hard gem rock and you get 9 gems, but a regular gem stone take 4hrs and you get 3, I would think that 24 hrs is like cutting 6 normal gem stone so you would think 6 x 3 = 18 gems for 24 hrs. The people that introduced me to this game have quit playing because it takes so long to get anything done. I'm starting to agree with them.
varlania2674

Postby Wargasm » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:15 pm

spive wrote:clash of clans.

This IP is over a decade older than Clash by the way....
...yes.. I'm the original.. accept no substitutes.
Wargasm
Minion
Minion

Postby bronya007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:04 pm

varlania2674 wrote:Why on earth does it take 4 days to upgrade a treasury or a warehouse ? This game appears to be way too time consuming. 24 hrs to cut through a hard gem rock and you get 9 gems, but a regular gem stone take 4hrs and you get 3, I would think that 24 hrs is like cutting 6 normal gem stone so you would think 6 x 3 = 18 gems for 24 hrs. The people that introduced me to this game have quit playing because it takes so long to get anything done. I'm starting to agree with them.

This version is for phones and tablets. If you want the quicker one, you need to find a copy of the pc game (mine is not for sale :D ). If we could upgrade quickly, my phone would have to be charged 6 times a day - I'd wouldn't stop playing. Plus the lower level upgrades are quicker. If you are doing 4 days per room then you're doing level 9 or 10. All higher level everythings take longer to upgrade each time.
So given that it's an android app, the upgrade time lengths are catering to battery life and download bandwidth restrictions. That's my theory anyway. :)
bronya007

Postby Gotchaxel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:12 am

Great hot fix. Thoroughly enjoyed!
Lookin forward to see adjusted prices on bug zappers and other trap raw costs & improvement costs.
Dungeon: The Crib
Guild: Downtown Dungeons
League: Dread
(iPhone 5 & iPad Mini)
DK Mobile: 21 Hotfix in past 3 months, wow...

DO or DO NOT, there is not try - Master Yoda
Gotchaxel
Keeper
Keeper

Postby trev186 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 pm

come on give us so more sneak previews on what is next it is has been too long!
Keowsk

Mwa-Ha-Ha!
trev186
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Gotchaxel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:33 pm

trev186 wrote:come on give us so more sneak previews on what is next it is has been too long!

And an approximate date would be great!
Dungeon: The Crib
Guild: Downtown Dungeons
League: Dread
(iPhone 5 & iPad Mini)
DK Mobile: 21 Hotfix in past 3 months, wow...

DO or DO NOT, there is not try - Master Yoda
Gotchaxel
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Kathyllvania » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:17 am

Is it just me or has the level to upgrade mines dropped by one too? I haven't upgraded my Dungeon Heart (it's level 5), but I can suddenly upgrade all my mines to level 6
Say Castlevania like you're Catalonian.

Kathyllvania
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Padaworld » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Yep we can increase many things
Padaworld

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs