HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING CHANGES: Reinforced Walls

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING CHANGES: Reinforced Walls

Postby Cyberkristiyan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 am

Close this thread already. The topic is exhausted, the changes are LIVE. Other forums threads can discuss the follow-up feedback.
Cyberkristiyan
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Daemonizer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm

Cyberkristiyan wrote:Close this thread already. The topic is exhausted, the changes are LIVE. Other forums threads can discuss the follow-up feedback.

You posted in this thread, which brought it to my attention in email, just to say "don't post in this thread".

Interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby matthew1clarke » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi, I have bomb spell level 4 and when attacking it only destroyed an area of 1x1 not 3x3 !!!
Sort it out, my raid was a complete failure as I didn't get through standard rock and it took 150 mana
matthew1clarke
Keeper
Keeper

Postby morfraen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:39 pm

There's a fundamental flaw in the spell damage vs wall cost when you hit the 3x3 level, made even more apparent after today's 'fix'

- W(all), F(ill), R(oom),
- 2 tile gap to block warlock range

Single target, 4 casts (300 mana) can be blocked by 1 wall that will take 2 hits and 3 fill, or 5 fill to block warlocks.

FWFFR or FFFWFFR or WWFFR etc

3x3 you can force the use of 2 bombs (300 mana), but they still get in.

WFFR
WFFR
WFFR

To actually block 3x3 vs walls of comparable level/cost you have to not only add a 2nd layer of walls, you need to add 2 layers of fill.

WFFWFFR
WFFWFFR
WFFWFFR

Or FFFFFFWFFR which is just silly and mostly not possible.

The jump in wall level/cost to be able to block 2 3x3 with just 1 layer of walls is huge, way out of whack. And by the time you can afford to upgrade that much, players have enough mana for 3 casts.

In addition 1 3x3 cast not only opens a 3 tile straight path, it opens a diagonal and 2 L paths that would each take 5 single wall casts.

Fxx
FxF
xxF

FFx
FFx
xxx

xxx
xFF
xFF
morfraen
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Gotchaxel » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 am

matthew1clarke wrote:Hi, I have bomb spell level 4 and when attacking it only destroyed an area of 1x1 not 3x3 !!!
Sort it out, my raid was a complete failure as I didn't get through standard rock and it took 150 mana

This was addressed in the latest hotfix here
lvl 4 bomb was always supposed to have been 1x1. It wasn't before due to some issues. Needless to say that when I noticed it and before it was published I levelled it up as fast as I could to get it to 5 before this update!
Dungeon: The Crib
Guild: Downtown Dungeons
League: Dread
(iPhone 5 & iPad Mini)
DK Mobile: 21 Hotfix in past 3 months, wow...

DO or DO NOT, there is not try - Master Yoda
Gotchaxel
Keeper
Keeper

Postby IceBoneBadger » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 am

This thread's first post still has the old hitpoint values for walls. Since it is stickied would you please update to reflect the new values? Thank you.
I'M POOPIN!!!!
IceBoneBadger
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Grimgor » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

IceBoneBadger wrote:This thread's first post still has the old hitpoint values for walls. Since it is stickied would you please update to reflect the new values? Thank you.

it on page 15 it should be edited to the top of page 1
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Previous

Return to From the Devs