HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Game Update #2 Going Live Today, 3/11

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: Game Update #2 Going Live Today, 3/11

Postby Loosifr » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm

I can't connect to the game! It appears to start loading, but simply stays at starting screen, saying "Connecting". After a half hour with no imp showing up, I've given up. Please HELP!!!
Loosifr

Re: Game Update #2 Going Live Today, 3/11

Postby Daemonizer » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm not an official responder, but...

First rule of "about to go crazy," is

Restart the device

Or... Kill The Game Process and Clear Memory. That's quicker, but a full restart is probably better for more serious problems.

Finally, if your device is usually running a lot of processes, your memory is probably choked with background or cached processes and it can be helpful to terminate all unnecessary processes before beginning the game. On an Android device I would say use the task manager to Kill All Processes and then Clear Memory. Not sure what the phrasing would be on your system. If that helps, maybe consider uninstalling (or disabling) some old apps you no longer use that might be loading in the background every time you start the device.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Previous

Return to From the Devs