HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING CHANGES: Game Update #3 Highlights

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

UPCOMING CHANGES: Game Update #3 Highlights

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 pm

While this won't be an exhaustive list of everything coming in Game Update #3, we wanted to provide everyone with information about some of the highlights of the newest game features making their way into the game! Please keep in mind that these changes are NOT live currently; Game Update #3 is in the early stages of Certification, so we're still a ways out from the Update going live. Additionally, the focus of this post is new game features; we still have performance enhancements incoming that we hope will address many of the crashing issues that some folks have been experiencing; we also have back-end adjustments being implemented in an effort to re-stabilize the game economy; we also have fixes/enhancements coming with this update that address inaccurate Replays. And a bunch of bug fixes, as there are in every Update.

Without further ado, here's what's on the horizon regarding new game features coming in Game Update #3:

The League of Evil - The League of Evil is a competitive 'ladder system' that recognizes and rewards PVP prowess and excellence. Players are divided into brackets based on their ELO (Trophies); as their trophies count changes, so, too, will their standing in the ranks... sometimes up, sometimes down. (Pro tip: you want it to go up.) Each bracket/rank awards various currency (gold and stone) bonuses and a bonus to Combat Point accrual upon achieving successful PVP victories. Players also receive a one-time Gem reward via the Achievement system as they promote through the ranks.

There are 14 different ranks, each with a "minimum trophies threshold", a "maximum trophies threshold", and a "demotion threshold". The minimum threshold is the minimum number of trophies required to attain a particular rank; the maximum threshold is the upper limit of trophies for a particular rank; and the demotion threshold is the number of trophies that, once a player's trophy count falls below, they are demoted to the previous rank.

One of the more tangible rewards for ascending through the various ranks of the League are the bonuses you get to Gold, Stone and Combat Point rewards upon achieving PVP victories. The table below outlines those bonuses:

Each time a player advances into a new bracket/rank for the first time, they unlock the associated Achievement and its accompanying gem reward. Like so:

Guild Tournaments - Show your guild’s might in bi-weekly Tournaments. Fight to win the exclusive rank of Horny’s Chosen and HUGE GEM PAYOUTS!
  • Tournaments are broken into two phases: the Qualifiers (held to determine which guilds will participate) and the Tournament, itself.
    • The top 20 Guilds (based on guild leaderboard standing) at the end of the Qualifiers will automatically be seated for the Horny’s Chosen bracket, which is for the elite of the elite.
    • The rest of the seats in the Tournament will be given out in order as Guilds achieve the minimum requirement to qualify (currently 750 Victory Stars.)
    • The first five guilds to reach the goal will be added to the Horny’s Chosen bracket as Challengers.
    • The next 1,000 guilds to qualify will be put in the standard Tournament, and will be broken out into brackets of 100 guilds each.
    • Once all seats are filled, no additional guilds will be seated until the next qualifying round.
    • Any Victory Star progress during Qualifiers will be thrown out after that phase, and all Guilds will start on an equal footing in the Tournament phase and any subsequent Qualifiers.
    • Players will be able to view how many seats are available, what their guild status is towards the qualifying goal, and individual participation of Guild members, so they can push to get included.
  • Once the qualifiers are over, the tournament phase will begin.
    • To win (and qualify for prizes), Guilds will want to be in the top 3 of their bracket.
    • Rank in brackets is based on the number of victory stars accumulated by that guild over the course of the Tournament.
    • Prizes for Horny’s Chosen are extremely rewarding, and the 1st-place Guild will also receive a championship ring on their Guild showing that they won this elite Tournament. The ring will increment if the Guild wins multiple tournaments.
    • Winning guilds will have their reward split automatically amongst the Guild's members, based on participation. (i.e., if you were individually responsible for 50% of the star gains, you would receive 50% of the overall reward.
  • Once the Tournament phase is over, winners are calculated, paid out, and a new qualifying round will begin soon thereafter.
  • Any qualified Guild that did not win will have a chance to win the Tournament Lottery for a substantial gem payout.
  • Values, time-frames, and payouts are subject to change over the course of subsequent Tournaments.

Rearm Consumable Traps - For some time, players have asked for the ability to be able to re-arm all consumable Traps in one fell swoop, rather than having to replace them after being used. Now... you can!

Once a consumable Trap has been used, it will remain in its original location but remain in it’s ‘deployed’ position, accompanied by a VFX to make it more apparent. When one of these Traps is selected, players will now be prompted with a "Re-Arm" button. If pressed, the Trap will be re-armed for the same gold cost as original purchase/placement.

Now here's the beautiful part: If more than 1 trap has been used, tapping on this Trap will trigger a 2nd button: “Re-Arm All”. This button will display the combined cost of all deployed Traps, and tapping it will automatically replace all offline/inactive Traps with online/active versions of themselves!

Additionally, if any consumable Traps are offline when you reconnect to the game, the “We’ve Been Attacked” screen will also display a button to re-arm them all by paying the applicable Gold cost.

If a player ever doesn't have enough Gold to re-arm his/her Traps, a prompt will trigger asking if they would like to purchase the required amount. If you choose to proceed, the Gold will be purchased and the requisite amount automatically spent on re-arming all Traps. If you decline, no Traps will be re-armed, and it will become necessary to re-arm them manually once you have enough Gold.

If you have any offline Traps while being attacked, they will be hidden entirely from your attacker, and treated as if they were not present at all.

Resupply Army - This feature will allow players to instantly summon the last army they used in a PVP or PVE engagement, for a reduced gem cost, to get immediately back into the action with their next opponent (or PVE Dungeon). Included in the cost: mana refill, the gold cost associated with each individual Minion summon (bundled in for free), and the Battle cost in gold (bundled in for free). If a player's Immortal was knocked out in the previous engagement, the gem cost will also reflect the revive cost.

Daily Attack Rewards - For each victory star that a player earns in a Raid that they initiate (separate from Revenge attacks), they will receive 1 Gem, up to a limit of 10 per day.

Revenge Bonus - For each victory star that a player earns during a Revenge attack, they will receive 1 Gem. This is 'organically' limited only by the number of Revenge attacks a player is able to launch against those who previously attacked them.

Win Streak Bonus - Each time a player wins a PVP raid (that they initiated), a counter goes up. Once that counter reaches 3, they will start to receive a bonus on their Victory Screens, which applies an added percentage of resources to the player’s plundered resources. This added percentage is determined by which stage of their Win-streak they are on. The percentage bonus is calculated from the base amount plundered, plus all flat bonuses (example: League of Evil Tier Bonus). The first time the player loses, their Win Streak counter is reset to 0.

Bonus percentages are applied to both Gold and Stone, and calculated based on the base amount stolen, plus flat bonuses.

Win 3 = 10% bonus
Win 4 = 15% bonus
Win 5 = 20% bonus
Win 6/MAX = 25% bonus (Win Streaks can go above 6 for the purposes of bragging rights, but the bonuses cap out at 25%)
Gene_Mythic

Re: UPCOMING CHANGES: Game Update #3 Highlights

Postby Devon_Bunny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:33 pm

CALLED IT!

I'm soo damn happy i keep my scores high now.

i am drooling for happiness, this patch has all i wanted!
Turning into a Cow.
Playing CoC, Clan: Furry Legion. Say hi if you pass by.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby clebo13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Win streak bonus will be great!
Leader of IMPervious
clebo13
Minion
Minion

Postby mrscvrush » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:54 pm

I am DH7, with 2200 trophies. I rank 35. I will get 35000/35000 per raid per win for GOLD2 league. Sounds pretty crappy to me.

Also a question: If we qualify for gold league now, do we get the gems reward for hitting all the ones before gold 2?
Guild: Serious Business, Join us
mrscvrush
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby kemo6600 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

mrscvrush wrote:I am DH7, with 2200 trophies. I rank 35. I will get 35000/35000 per raid per win for GOLD2 league. Sounds pretty crappy to me.

I think that is a good start , regardless to your opponent layout/trophies/plunder available you have a guaranteed resources per win ,, better than nothing and will improve the economy faster ..
Kemo
kemo6600
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby jonnyvue » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Wait so is this a list of bonuses per invasion, or actually a list of the new maximum threshold of gold and stone for invasions?

Gene_Mythic wrote:Image
jonnyvue
Minion
Minion

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 pm

mrscvrush wrote:I am DH7, with 2200 trophies. I rank 35. I will get 35000/35000 per raid per win for GOLD2 league. Sounds pretty crappy to me.

That's 35,000 EXTRA gold and stone, per successful raid, in addition to whatever you manage to plunder directly from your opponent, and in addition to +65% bonus to Combat Points accrual. It's more (extra) than you're getting now... of course, everyone looks at their gift horse differently. For some, it will apparently seem a pittance. To others, a welcome bonus.

mrscvrush wrote:Also a question: If we qualify for gold league now, do we get the gems reward for hitting all the ones before gold 2?

Yes, you'll be credited all Achievements leading up to that rank, as well as the applicable gem rewards.
Gene_Mythic

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:07 pm

jonnyvue wrote:Wait so is this a list of bonuses per invasion, or actually a list of the new maximum threshold of gold and stone for invasions?

Bonuses per successful raid (at least 1-star victory).
Gene_Mythic

Postby mrscvrush » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:07 pm

jonnyvue wrote:Wait so is this a list of bonuses per invasion, or actually a list of the new maximum threshold of gold and stone for invasions?

Gene_Mythic wrote:Image

This is the flat amount you get PER WIN if you are in that league.

Math checks out like this

(plundered_resource + league_flat_amount ) * bonus_win_streak * DK_premium
Guild: Serious Business, Join us
mrscvrush
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Daemonizer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:09 pm

He said a table of bonuses, so I'm guessing he probably meant bonuses. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to From the Devs