HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Scheduled Game Maintenance: 12/12/13 - 1pm EST

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Scheduled Game Maintenance: 12/12/13 - 1pm EST

Postby Gene_Mythic » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Keepers:

We're going to be conducting some fairly significant (up to 6 hours downtime window) scheduled maintenance tomorrow, Dec 12, at 1pm EST (10am PST/6pm GMT) that will incorporate PREDOMINANTLY back-end modifications and hardware upgrades.

While this maintenance is underway, we are going to sneak in a bug fix in that will address a recent issue found where some players who haven't engaged any other players in PVP for some time began to see an overly-aggressive decay in Evil points.

Additionally, we're making a change to Dungeon Heart upgrade requirements, which will no longer incorporate a combat points requirement to upgrade past Level 5. In an effort to improve player experience at mid- and elder levels of Dungeon Heart progression, we are replacing the Combat Point requirement with Stone. It's our hope that players will find this a better experience, but if there are indications that players aren't benefiting from this change the way we anticipate, there is a possibility that this change will be reverted.

We'll be sure to let everyone know when the maintenance has been completed!
Gene_Mythic

Re: Scheduled Game Maintenance: 12/12/13 - 1pm EST

Postby grim-one » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Crap. I better get started on reaching 30k combat points before the maintenance then! :lol:
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Hobtuse » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Phew! I am almost at L10 Dungeon Heart.

@Gene_Mythic: the Dungeon Heart is in the midst of upgrading, would it be affected in anyway? In addition, does the L10 Dungeon Heart differ in appearance significantly from the L9 one?
I aim to misbehave.

Dungeon: Hobgatory
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
Guild Level: 28

Please feel free to pm if you are an active forum member & interested in joining the Fluffy Bunnies!
Hobtuse
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby spcbrass » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 am

1400 combat points from level 8, not going to make it... Only 12,000 stone in storage right now thanks to so many trap upgrades this week. I hope the upgrade isn't going to be too expensive because this might take a while!
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby cetanu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:03 am

Ye can take me stone... BUT YE CANNOT TAKE ME COMBAT POINTS!
cetanu

Postby Ranneko » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 am

Kind of curious what Combat Points will be for then, other than a leaderboard, but since you can never lose combat points, I think Evil points are a (slightly) better mark.
Ranneko
Minion
Minion

Postby ThereAreNoCows » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 am

Means harder to upgrade dungeon heart if stones are needed in high quantity, already most buildings require much to upgrade especially in higher lvl
Maybe the dev can lower the combat points needed and mix in decent amount of resources to upgrade as it would mean players had to be active in raids while managing to defend the resource. This would encourage more active players. As of now there is a trend people just raid with 1 skeleton to gain combat points while expecting others to do the same to them using revenge option to attack them back for def combat points
Th@r@ @r@ N@ C€Ws !n Dungeon!!!!
iPhone 5s
Wifi-4G
Lastest version
Guild Mwa-ha-ha!
ThereAreNoCows
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby richlordy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:51 am

hey mythic, so now combat points aren't used for the dungeon heart, what will they be used for anything? or just phased out? cheers
richlordy

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Ranneko wrote:Kind of curious what Combat Points will be for then, other than a leaderboard, but since you can never lose combat points, I think Evil points are a (slightly) better mark.

Leaderboards, achievements, and (in the not too distant future, once implemented) guild achievements.
Gene_Mythic

Postby Gene_Mythic » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Gotta love slapping those imps to get them to work faster!!

Our maintenance has concluded early; everyone should be able to make it back into the game now!

Thanks for your patience, all!
Gene_Mythic

Next

Return to From the Devs