HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Monday, May 12, 2014

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Monday, May 12, 2014

Postby MWyatt_Mythic » Wed May 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Matchmaking Adjustments
We've increased the number of brackets that separate out the population in a more meaningful manner. We're also removing the artificial reduction on legacy Dungeons with a Dungeon Heart level 7 or below.

Troll Balance Adjustments
With the AI changes made to the Trolls, they've gained a significant amount of power for the attacker to a level where other army compositions are noticeably less effective. Trolls are intended to be the Trap and self-defending Room destroyers and not a replacement for the Bile Demon or Vampire. The text on the Troll's information panel will not be updated until Game Update #4, however.

• No longer deals additional damage to a Dungeon Heart, Guard Post, Guild Lair, Treasury or Warehouse.

Bile Demon Balance Adjustments
Always intended to be the destroyers of Treasuries and Warehouses, the Bile Demon was overshadowed by the Troll with the AI changes made to Trolls in Game Update #3. They will now reclaim their place in the spotlight for these targets as Trolls will no longer have a damage bonus against Treasuries and Warehouses. The reduction of the Bile Demon's population cost is to further encourage meaningful player choice without too much disruption in army compositions prior to this hotfix.

• Now consume 4 Housing Space when summoned (down from 5)

Ghost Balance Adjustments
With the change to Anti-Air Trap's damage output in this same hotfix, Ghosts were much squishier than intended.

• Health increased to [520/695/865/1045/1220/1390] (up from [380/505/630/760/885/1010])

Dragon Whelp Balance Adjustments
With the change to Anti-Air Trap's damage output in this same hotfix, Dragon Whelps became too fragile as well.

• Health increased to [1360/2040/2720/3400] (up from [910/1370/1830/2290])

Tiny (the Immortal) Balance Adjustments
Without sugar-coating it, this Immortal is simply too powerful when used effectively.

• Now takes 2x damage from Lightning sources
  • Health has been reduced by 20%
  • Now deals damage once every 2s and damage-per-second has been increased by 60%

Anti-Air Trap Balance Adjustments
These traps have been under performing and it's time they pack more of a wallop. This is intended to create more meaningful choices for attacking players on which Spells to use depending on his or her strategy. Additionally, Anti-Air had limited coverage over the Dungeon Heart and Graveyard and this is being corrected.

• Now has an Attack Range of 6 (up from 5)
  • Now deals [252/280/308/336/364/392] Fire Damage (up from [108/120/132/144/156/168])

NOTE: Values may change prior to the hotfix going live. Keep an eye on this post for the latest information.
Michael J. Wyatt
Senior Designer
Electronic Arts
MWyatt_Mythic
Developer
Developer

Re: UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Monday, May 12, 2014

Postby Devon_Bunny » Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Whelp. There goes all my invested gems and time on tiny, about 2 months worth of it.

time to level up swampus.

I'm not saying that tiny has been killed as a choice, she still does a significant amount of damage and utility, but she is not longer the queen of the game. no way in hell she can survive a TC, Library, and even bug zappers, with 20% less health and x2 lightning damage. but to be honest, this was expected. Thank you.

Trolls going back to normal, that is a celebration for us all. Finally, having Bile Demons and Vampires is a useful choice.

1 thing i don't agree with, is Anti-Air changes.

1 anti hair can already hurt tiny significantly, and with all the new changes to other defenses, this render all flying units useless. not only tiny suffers from this, but whelps and ghost.

Ghost already got a significant nerf with the lightning weakness, why make them even weaker?

Unlike tiny, they don't have fire resistance. 1 or 2 shot of anti-air is devastating for any ghost.

ghost use 8 and take 20 minutes to summon, an expensive unit that is weaker than skeletons? 1 or 2 shots kills them. this change is abusive, no one will ever build ghost or whelps again.
Last edited by Devon_Bunny on Wed May 07, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turning into a Cow.
Playing CoC, Clan: Furry Legion. Say hi if you pass by.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Can we get a ghost HP buff? A level-1 AA killing a level-2 ghost in 2 shots is disturbing.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Shadow's paw » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm

I think they went too far, Tiny at anything other than UBER level will not be able to do anything worth while. They basically cut her damage to 28% of what it used to be. rise in damage by 15 % and slowed to 1/4 of its original attack. She used to be good to open up a spot behind defenses but she will take too long to open a hole even if she can. Wasted my gems on her. I want Swampus instead. Grrr. I can understand the need to address her but anyone ever heard of play testing first?
+1 my idea for a wave tournament. Dungeon Keeper Should be about defense.
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4900
Shadow's paw
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby spcbrass » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 pm

+1 one to all of the changes listed here, it's about time we had some boots to the defensive side of the game. Now a little bit of strategy might actually be needed to win again!
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Amarsir » Wed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm

So trolls will continue to attack a treasury over something more dangerous, they're just going to suck at it? Is that what people wanted?
Amarsir

Postby Devon_Bunny » Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Shadow's paw wrote:I can understand the need to address her but anyone ever heard of play testing first?

these changes are not official yet, some changes might happen.

and i dearly hope they change anti-air back to its original state, or at least give it a buff for about 10-50% not 300%
Turning into a Cow.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby demGoons » Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm not sure about this change to trolls. Sounds like after this change they will still target buildings and traps equally as they do now, but will just be ineffective at destroying them. Treasuries and Warehouses become massive tanking structures supported by traps and combat buildings. I liked the old utility trolls that ignored these buildings.

This change to tiny will kill her offensive capability. She might still be an ok air support but wont be doing anything useful really. So everyone has just gained a level 10-30 flying slow fortress on defense. I hope there will be more changes to address a defensive tiny and this patch isn't all they will do.

I suppose any change to tiny is a step in the right direction but just reducing her damage to the heart by 80-99% would have done it. Probably along with a 30-50% damage reduction so she can still initiate an attack if a dungeon is poorly designed.

I've put the stats suggested by MWyatt into the tiny combat calculator. Can Tiny Kill It Next Week?
Last edited by demGoons on Wed May 07, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
demGoons
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Devon_Bunny » Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Amarsir wrote:So trolls will continue to attack a treasury over something more dangerous, they're just going to suck at it? Is that what people wanted?

they will revert to their original state.

targeting defense rooms and traps. they will no longer target non defending rooms until all other traps and defense rooms are destroyed.
Turning into a Cow.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Devon_Bunny » Wed May 07, 2014 1:07 pm

MWyatt_Mythic wrote:
  • No longer deals additional damage to a Dungeon Heart, Guard Post, Guild Lair, Treasury or Warehouse.

This reminds me MWyatt, will DH10's fire attack deal extra damage to trolls? or is this some kind of magical fire that doesn't burn?
Turning into a Cow.
Devon_Bunny
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to From the Devs