HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Monday, May 12, 2014

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: UPCOMING HOTFIX NOTES - Monday, May 12, 2014

Postby Trixster » Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 pm

My baby dungeon (I have 3) is a DCR 24, 2400 Trophy, blue wall infant. Yet every attack is a Tiny Drive-By, often with by an attacker with 3,000+ Trophies. This dungeon should not be attacked by Downtown Dungeons, I don't even have an immortal yet.

Pathetic dbag players. Pathetic matchmaking.

GAME IS BROKEN AND IS POPULATED BY DBAG PLAYERS.

I HAVE QUIT AND GOT A REFUND. ADIOS!
Back to PC gaming!
Awesome: Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstein The New Order.
Fail: Watch Dogs (terrible controls, sterile)
Trixster
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Creech » Sun May 11, 2014 2:08 pm

You have a lot of trophies, its no surprise you are attacked by 3k plus ones. The trophy system is bound to create this situation with there being such a spread of trophy allocation.

The hotfix might change this with more matchmaking brackets.
Creech
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Nizaris » Sun May 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Trixster wrote:GAME IS BROKEN AND IS POPULATED BY DBAG PLAYERS.

oh noes ppl are raiding me they must be dbags. cry more plz.
hexadec - Khalsa Force
- Nexus 5 -
Nizaris
Keeper
Keeper

Postby viper_crib » Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm

I like many of he changes coming to this path including the increased damage on AA and troll logic and mechanics, however this patch doesn't adress the tiny fly by problem at all. While I do agree that he damage buff to AA is a well deserved change, the tiny damage increase is just redundant. Tiny can snipe hearts just as easily( if not better) as before, with one or two disable trap spells tiny will actually spend LESS time destroying a heart, making tiny-drive-by more common in this upcoming patch.

A better solution in many of the players openions is toake hum do reduced damage to dungeon heart, this will make tiny super effective in creating posts for attack behind enemy deffrnse while at the same time making a player employ a strategy rather than just disable AAs, clear out heart (even faster than before due to tiny damage buff) while tanking everything thrown at him and end battle...

I hope you do revise this particular aspect before pushing the patch out.

You guys also totally ignored the trophy-hell most of the high dcr players are stuck in
ambition is pricelss. baphomet and behemoth inc.guild
Mana + immortal revive/refill: NO! just take the loss like a man
viper_crib
Minion
Minion

Postby Nizaris » Sun May 11, 2014 4:22 pm

viper_crib wrote:You guys also totally ignored the trophy-hell most of the high dcr players are stuck in

no they haven't try reading it again.

MWyatt_Mythic wrote:Matchmaking Adjustments
We've increased the number of brackets that separate out the population in a more meaningful manner. We're also removing the artificial reduction on legacy Dungeons with a Dungeon Heart level 7 or below.

this change is specifically made to match you against players closer to your DCR. which should allow you to find dungeons with DCR greater than your without pressing next 100 times. which will net you 3 to 5 trophies instead of the dreaded +1 you get for nuking lowbies.
hexadec - Khalsa Force
- Nexus 5 -
Nizaris
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Sun May 11, 2014 5:19 pm

I assume the infant dungeon was started to game the system by using advanced knowledge that new players don't have at that level, including knowledge regarding the DCR game mechanics, trophy award system and other ways to exploit the matchmaking system.

It's the sign of a robust system that such attempts at exploitation are met with punitive punishment, as evidenced by attacks that you cannot defend against, to pay you back for trying to outsmart and game the system. :twisted:
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

I think that comment about 'gaming' the system is a bit unfair. I have only one dungeon but read the forums since there really aren't any up to date and effective "How To's" made available by Mythic that I'm aware of to help guide me as to how to become an effective keeper efficiently (the Game Feature Spotlights and much of the FAQs are hopelessly out of date).

I have a lvl 26 dungeon that is DH6 (obv w no immortal) since I was warned (here) of the frustrations of increasing the DH level too quickly, particularly making the jump to DH7. I've managed to get to 2900+ trophies with that. But all tournament long I was getting bombed by high level dungeons with immortals (Seriously Devon? a 32% Tiny drive by + end raid early on a DH6 dungeon - ya ya I know, how else are you going to make 50+ stars in a day - ... but I digress). Is it gaming the system to want to know more about what the rules of the game actually are?

Now, if your intention is to knock lower level dungeons like mine out of the bracket occupied by higher level dungeons, fine, but then why was I only losing a 1-3 trophies from those losses, but gaining 25-50 trophies for successful defenses and gaining or losing a few points for wins/losses in raids? It was the (completely opaque) trophy and matching system that resulted in this odd and rather frustrating situation. I would argue my trophy count was artificially high bc I was being gamed by the game, not the other way around.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby ofblong » Mon May 12, 2014 1:23 am

Trixster wrote:My baby dungeon (I have 3) is a DCR 24, 2400 Trophy, blue wall infant. Yet every attack is a Tiny Drive-By, often with by an attacker with 3,000+ Trophies. This dungeon should not be attacked by Downtown Dungeons, I don't even have an immortal yet.

Pathetic dbag players. Pathetic matchmaking.

GAME IS BROKEN AND IS POPULATED BY DBAG PLAYERS.

Im sorry but none of those are drive by tiny. if it was a drive by tiny you would have 7% not 60% and 96% loss.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ares » Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 am

Any idea when the fix will be sent out?
Ares

Postby morfraen » Mon May 12, 2014 5:44 am

Ares wrote:Any idea when the fix will be sent out?

Fix implies they're actually fixing something...
morfraen
Keeper
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs