HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Postby hell hole keeper » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Lord Keeper of Kobol wrote:[Edit: Apologies to newer readers. Didn't realize was replying to an old post because Bill's post confused me. Lower reply beat me to deleting post and apparently a post which has been replied to cannot be deleted. :) Will leave up unedited for reference.]

After consideration of disable trap post-update-4, it seemed pretty clear the fastest way to level up DT was to use three or four scattered whelps with ghosts and get three casts per non-tourney raid.

A ground raid needs two or three bomb walls so at best you get one cast of DT and DT will level up slowly.

A Keeper makes his choice and gets his reward. If you want to disable bug zappers sooner, raid non-tourney with whelps and ghosts. If you want to raid with ground all the time, you will level DT very slowly.

I assume any Keeper who doesn't like this situation will have a lot of sympathy with Keepers who would like the mistress to follow trolls and guild members with inactive leaders being able to take on leader-abilities. It's not consistent to want a change to the DT situation but insisting on other Keepers deal with non-optimal game design elements elsewhere. Not directed at any Keeper and haven't checked if there are inconsistent views. :)

The other way to level DT is to refill. If you run ground and aren't willing to refill, you've made your choice with regard to DT and bug zappers. (less undirected than above)

Yes, air raiding is and always has been the best way to level up DT, so I am glad that I was able to play back when you could expect a win with a mix of air and ground because you could afford to cast DT and use a bomb or two.

I'm fine with the decision to weaken the spell by limiting it to 3 traps, but then there are the overkill measures of increasing the cost to cast by 50% and making it not work on bug zappers that effectively make it far too expensive for the limited amount of help that it provides.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ofblong » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 am

When knowing I have another 500 mana waiting in library but am under my 8 hours of no attack time I just started a campaign and disabled every trap I could. Course that was how I got to lvl5 DT way quicker than normal.... Now to get that bloody bw to lvl 10....
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby hell hole keeper » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:45 pm

ofblong wrote:When knowing I have another 500 mana waiting in library but am under my 8 hours of no attack time I just started a campaign and disabled every trap I could. Course that was how I got to lvl5 DT way quicker than normal.... Now to get that bloody bw to lvl 10....

So you're saying that it is still useful to use the spell ao long as you know that you might as well wastw all of your available mana anyway?
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ofblong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:57 pm

hell hole keeper wrote:
ofblong wrote:When knowing I have another 500 mana waiting in library but am under my 8 hours of no attack time I just started a campaign and disabled every trap I could. Course that was how I got to lvl5 DT way quicker than normal.... Now to get that bloody bw to lvl 10....

So you're saying that it is still useful to use the spell ao long as you know that you might as well wastw all of your available mana anyway?

In campain you dont care if you win or lose. winning/losing gains you nothing. So yes I waste all of my mana in a campaign mode then end the raid. So for instance trying to get my BW to lvl 9 right now. I can do it 5 times (100 mana each) and just throw it on 20 blocks. Then end raid and I have 5 BW added to my total needed to level up. Then click on my library mana to refill the mana to 500. 2 hours later repeat. but again thats only if I am under cave-in.

So the short answer to your question is yes :D.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Pilger » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:28 am

Are you aware that no can play the game anymore after the update?
The error apears this way that it keeps rebooting over and over again
Pilger

Postby hell hole keeper » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:04 pm

ofblong wrote:
hell hole keeper wrote:

In campain you dont care if you win or lose. winning/losing gains you nothing. So yes I waste all of my mana in a campaign mode then end the raid. So for instance trying to get my BW to lvl 9 right now. I can do it 5 times (100 mana each) and just throw it on 20 blocks. Then end raid and I have 5 BW added to my total needed to level up. Then click on my library mana to refill the mana to 500. 2 hours later repeat. but again thats only if I am under cave-in.

So the short answer to your question is yes :D.

Oh, you're talking about Campaign Mode. I use up surplus mana but casting lightening and dragon breath in Campaign mode. It takes much longer to level up these spells because I rarely use them in combat. I suppose that I would have used disable trap in Campaign mode a lot if the spell had been nerfed before I maxed it out in player versus player raids.
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby PJzuza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Finally I can use my guild lair and will try the bloster system. Thank you for great update ;D
My Facebook Profile : https://www.facebook.com/pjg.sasa
PJzuza

Previous

Return to From the Devs