HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Postby Chaos5715 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Zappers have become uber because of high DT lvl requirement and chronic masturbation trolls :?
That awkward moment when..... You get in the van and there is no candy.....
Chaos5715

Postby ofblong » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:59 am

stormjr wrote:Bug zappers need something to change! Two zappers side by side and that's it! Level 10 trolls die before doing anything! It's zap, zap, zap, zap dead! And they seem to stagger so they don't move.

The only exception / bug seems to be if you add a mistress into the mix, then zapped minions seem to move while stunned and even attack while zapped!

Not to mention, only 200+ DT's left before I can use a DT on a zapper!! Maybe a points system would be better? Level 1 could be 4 points and a bugger zapper takes 4 points, level 3 gives you 8 points, maybe?

2 zappers have always done that to many minions when combined at a door and even immortals. I am 400 away from lvl 5 DT.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dyneley Close » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Guys,

Is there something that I've missed with Immortals in this update?

My Tiny was captured during a RAID, so I wreaked revenge on the unfortunate miscreant - scoring 2 x stars and capturing his Swampus...

My Tine hasn't been returned though & still needs rescuing? Is this is change in behaviour for Immortals? It seems a bit severe to me.

At this point in particular its a killer as the new tournament has just started and a key attacking piece (for me anyway) is unavailable for the next 8+ hours.

Regards,

Dyneley Close
(Dread Team Guild)
Dyneley Close

Postby morfraen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:34 pm

ofblong wrote:
stormjr wrote:Bug zappers need something to change! Two zappers side by side and that's it! Level 10 trolls die before doing anything! It's zap, zap, zap, zap dead! And they seem to stagger so they don't move.

The only exception / bug seems to be if you add a mistress into the mix, then zapped minions seem to move while stunned and even attack while zapped!

Not to mention, only 200+ DT's left before I can use a DT on a zapper!! Maybe a points system would be better? Level 1 could be 4 points and a bugger zapper takes 4 points, level 3 gives you 8 points, maybe?

2 zappers have always done that to many minions when combined at a door and even immortals. I am 400 away from lvl 5 DT.

It was less noticeable before because if you staggered your minions (after taking down the door) the 1st ones would trigger the zappers, then the 2nd group would get through while the zappers were on cooldown and usually have enough time to reach and kill them.

Now, trolls just ignore the zappers until they're permanently stuck in the stun loop so that gap between zaps can't be taken advantage of.
morfraen
Keeper
Keeper

Postby xXBullXx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Hitoshura wrote:Bug Zappers require adjustment.

That is all.

There are lots of posts about this and like ofblong wrote:

ofblong wrote:

2 Zappers were a problem for ground users before patch. Without high enough DT it is even more a problem.

However, you could only lock 3 rooms by this technique and with 51% = victory there is much room to circumnavigate this problem. Since usually the heart is one room of the above mentioned, there are only 2 left.
So my advice to all who can't disable and have a problem with this setup -> don't send all trolls in at once and have a backup plan ready in case your entrypoint is blocked. With 100 mana you get a good BW where you could circumnavigate the traps. This is even better than DT.
If you refer to me just use 'Bull' and spare those darn xX-Xx, the name was not available!

German Empire - one of them ^^
xXBullXx
Minion
Minion

Postby Bummerrr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:54 pm

xXBullXx wrote:With 100 mana you get a good BW where you could circumnavigate the traps. This is even better than DT.

Dito, why bother with an expensive DT spell when you can achieve more with a cheaper BW
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby jsauerkraut » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Bummerrr wrote:
xXBullXx wrote:With 100 mana you get a good BW where you could circumnavigate the traps. This is even better than DT.

Dito, why bother with an expensive DT spell when you can achieve more with a cheaper BW

it does not always work. a twin buzz with a good door and a DL/WS/UT in range can easy mean the end to a raid also certain minions only attack specific rooms and will choose a route AI plans (sometimes the long way as it can ignore BW openings) not the one you think should be taken , i have placed trolls in front of a door somewere else and they ignored it and run of to somewere else. So much for the really hate doors i guess its only the doors trolls decide on.
Dungeon; SantasWS
Guild; WarWombats now lv35 Lieutenant
Guild; Recruiting Yes PM me
jsauerkraut
Keeper
Keeper

Postby xXBullXx » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 am

jsauerkraut wrote:
Bummerrr wrote:

it does not always work. a twin buzz with a good door and a DL/WS/UT in range can easy mean the end to a raid also certain minions only attack specific rooms and will choose a route AI plans (sometimes the long way as it can ignore BW openings) not the one you think should be taken , i have placed trolls in front of a door somewere else and they ignored it and run of to somewere else. So much for the really hate doors i guess its only the doors trolls decide on.

What I meant was: drill another hole from another direction -> trolls will defenitely not run towards the old opening.
Using 2x BW for 200 mana is not much more than using 1x DT for 150 mana.
Keepers can't protect every room with zapps. Further there have always been bait-tactics to draw the attacking attention towards a probable 'safe-entry' (which former air-users did not care much about) just to get them into pure trap-hell.
Besides that if you're not using scout, a door with nearby frosttrap and some 'dirtspots' look always suspicious to me, so door of death tactics are not new and expactable for a long time (which air-users are not used to). ;)
If you refer to me just use 'Bull' and spare those darn xX-Xx, the name was not available!

German Empire - one of them ^^
xXBullXx
Minion
Minion

Postby AngryRaw » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:37 am

it is the DT spell need to be changed.
150 mana for only 3 traps, that is unacceptable.
We worked several months to train our spell and it ends up totally nerfed by EA. What's in your mind I'm so curious.

Bummerrr wrote:

Guild Leones [lv30]
Twin Accounts [Raw & Raw+]
Combat Points [550K+]
Performance [1000 stars/day]
AngryRaw
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Bobskirob » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 am

Just a few ideas for the next update we could do with a risk and reward point in our dungeons. Where idle imps can be sent in the hope they come back with........(insert disposable item here) This would encourage players to buy more imps. I've got my money making head on sorry keeper. Maybe gems of differing properties to boost attack, defence or whatever could be the rewards. Also a map where you dig to find opponents would be cool plus then as a guild you could coordinate attacks and have proper guild on guild battles instead of being matched up randomly. Just a few thoughts.
Bobskirob

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs