HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: DISCUSSION: Update #4 Patch Notes & General Update

Postby Blutbader » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39 am

Since the zappers are alomost invicible (Trolls ignores them too long and deactivating only possible with extremely high experiance).
I´m at "Dread" level and still far away from deactivating zappers. So flying minions are totally useless now...
Even my lovely dragon whelps Level 5 are paralyzed and killed in seconds. Tiny the same...
A lot of changes in #4 where useful but you changed the balance too much.
I´m shure it´s not only my problem. Almost NO ONE attacks me with flying minions anymore.

It´s a pitty... :(
Blutbader

Postby Kaihawaii » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:43 am

Have to agree Blutbader: my second, still very young account is dread too, with disable trap not on lvl 3 or 4 with no real air capabilities. Made the investment in Tiny's offense strength pretty useless. She's a great and big watchdog. Same to ghosts in guild lair. :lol: Game is out of balance.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Hansberg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 am

Kaihawaii wrote:Have to agree Blutbader: my second, still very young account is dread too, with disable trap not on lvl 3 or 4 with no real air capabilities. Made the investment in Tiny's offense strength pretty useless. She's a great and big watchdog. Same to ghosts in guild lair. :lol: Game is out of balance.

Nothing more to say. This looks like "right sizing" from the Dev- or better the Controlling-Team, who never played DK before.
Dungeon: Hansberg
Guild: Dreadstone Company
Hansberg
Minion
Minion

Postby Hitoshura » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 am

Can we just get A (1, single) unit that actually targets traps? Relying on trolls to destroy traps is worthless.
Hitoshura
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby hell hole keeper » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Blutbader wrote: So flying minions are totally useless now...
Even my lovely dragon whelps Level 5 are paralyzed and killed in seconds. Tiny the same...
I´m shure it´s not only my problem. Almost NO ONE attacks me with flying minions anymore.

Absolutely true, Blutbader. Three of the top players in my guild who loved to air raid quit playing altogether soon after the update. If the shift was intended to weaken air raiders, then the result was complete overkill. I can't imagine why new players cannot use Disable Trap on zappers anymore since this is the most important trap to use DT on for land and air raiders alike.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Skar Tactics » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:54 am

hell hole keeper wrote:

Absolutely true, Blutbader. Three of the top players in my guild who loved to air raid quit playing altogether soon after the update. If the shift was intended to weaken air raiders, then the result was complete overkill. I can't imagine why new players cannot use Disable Trap on zappers anymore since this is the most important trap to use DT on for land and air raiders alike.

Seconded! Or thirded! Or nth'ded!!
Skar Tactics
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha! » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:55 am

hell hole keeper wrote:
I´m sure it´s not only my problem. Almost NO ONE attacks me with flying minions anymore.

If the shift was intended to weaken air raiders, then the result was complete overkill/quote]

+1
Yuh, too far back the other way me thinks
Overkill response as dual flying issues - Tiny drive-by (lone lvl30 Tiny) was enough without Whelps!
Whelp housing reduced to compensate but still imbalanced

tons of effort went into Tiny & the Whelps, was magical few months *sigh*
still run it (summon Whelps b4 sleep)
but % too low for tourneys ):

I c tons of Tiny on D so I twin raid them to help lvl up DT (;
Guild: Mwa-ha-ha!
Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha!
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Bills Hell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Glad your still with us gene, a jobs a job.
Bills Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:01 am

[Edit: Apologies to newer readers. Didn't realize was replying to an old post because Bill's post confused me. Lower reply beat me to deleting post and apparently a post which has been replied to cannot be deleted. :) Will leave up unedited for reference.]

After consideration of disable trap post-update-4, it seemed pretty clear the fastest way to level up DT was to use three or four scattered whelps with ghosts and get three casts per non-tourney raid.

A ground raid needs two or three bomb walls so at best you get one cast of DT and DT will level up slowly.

A Keeper makes his choice and gets his reward. If you want to disable bug zappers sooner, raid non-tourney with whelps and ghosts. If you want to raid with ground all the time, you will level DT very slowly.

I assume any Keeper who doesn't like this situation will have a lot of sympathy with Keepers who would like the mistress to follow trolls and guild members with inactive leaders being able to take on leader-abilities. It's not consistent to want a change to the DT situation but insisting on other Keepers deal with non-optimal game design elements elsewhere. Not directed at any Keeper and haven't checked if there are inconsistent views. :)

The other way to level DT is to refill. If you run ground and aren't willing to refill, you've made your choice with regard to DT and bug zappers. (less undirected than above)
Last edited by Lord Keeper of Kobol on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 am

Lord Keeper of Kobol

I agree
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

PreviousNext