HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Tournaments and Game Direction

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Willybonkerz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Lord Keeper of Kobol wrote:Regarding DKDev_Chris' post viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8338&start=90#p62034 (quoted above)

Does this post not address why the change occurred or does not address it in sufficient detail?

Does this post not explain why it was necessary or does it not explain the necessity in sufficient detail?

Does this post not give a good reason or does it not give the good reason in sufficient detail or is the reason given not a good one?

Does this post not *actually* explain things or does it not do this in sufficient detail?



No it doesn't mate.

It doesn't explain why dreadstones were necessary for new content. It doesn't explain why once the lower payouts are in place, new contents could be made available with the original gems.

And don't give me the BS about dreadstones are only for end game users. I am on two of four leaderboards, have everything maxed out except for walls (and even these are all level 8s and 9s), and I've put in 1500 stars+ every tournament since dreadstones were introduced and still can't afford a single UR mine.
User avatar
Willybonkerz
Minion
Minion
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby d18c7db » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:43 am

I don't understand why you and others still keep asking for a rational explanation. Is it somehow not obvious by now that this game is seriously mismanaged, lacks focus and direction, caters to the lowest common denominator, lacks proper testing, lacks proper support, lacks proper communication. After all who else other than EA can take a winner, an absolute undisputed winner of a game, and turn it into a money grabbing freemium abortion of a thing that sucks the life out of even the most avid of the original fans of the game.
User avatar
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha! » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:49 am

d18c7db wrote:I don't understand why you and others still keep asking for a rational explanation. Is it somehow not obvious by now that this game is seriously mismanaged, lacks focus and direction, caters to the lowest common denominator, lacks proper testing, lacks proper support, lacks proper communication. After all who else other than EA can take a winner, an absolute undisputed winner of a game, and turn it into a money grabbing freemium abortion of a thing that sucks the life out of even the most avid of the original fans of the game.

+1
I don't understand, either lol (;
So much unrealised potential...
Guild: Mwa-ha-ha!
User avatar
Oubliette Mwa-ha-ha!
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Willybonkerz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:39 am

Not asking for a rationale explanation. It's pretty clear what's being done here. But when others point to ambiguous posts from devs, etc saying that these updates were done for a good reason or with valid reasons - I'm just pointing out that's not the case.
User avatar
Willybonkerz
Minion
Minion
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:23 am

Willybonkerz wrote:It's pretty clear what's being done here. But when others point to ambiguous posts from devs, etc saying that these updates were done for a good reason or with valid reasons - I'm just pointing out that's not the case.


Just out of curiosity and to remove the ambiguity, what is being done here? (as per the above) :)
User avatar
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Willybonkerz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:54 am

running the game to the ground.
User avatar
Willybonkerz
Minion
Minion
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:32 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby ofblong » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:17 pm

gremlin wrote:
DKDev_Chris wrote:2) Star Qualifier Thresholds - The original values were selected before we implemented the change to award Victory Star multipliers. The threshold values were never updated accordingly, and were corrected with 4.2. Regarding the recent Blitz tournament thresholds, admittedly those were set to too high for a 1 day qualifier and will be adjusted downward accordingly.


tournaments that do fill up are better than ones that don't. having all the brackets spreads out the heavier guilds a bit more (usually) and gives more people access to prizes. i hope the new 1500 star threshold for regular tournaments will also be reviewed, as i know with only 3 hours left before this most recent one started, there were still 919 of the 1505 seats still open, and the prior regular tournament (the first with 1500 stars) wasn't anywhere near full either.



Funny when I looked there was less than 800 brackets left. Then again that might of been an hour before.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:31 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby horvilaci » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:21 am

Dear developer.

A problem I turn to you: I am a very active member of the guild, which is the name of a member of the "Magyarok" guild leader for more than 45 days inactive. Therefore, there is not really a leader.

My request would be to hand over the leader of the guild, as other active members. More in advance so as to ensure the progress of the guild.

Thank you: (A) an active member of the guild "Magyarok": Laci
User avatar
horvilaci
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:16 am

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:23 am

horvilaci wrote:Dear developer.

A problem I turn to you: I am a very active member of the guild, which is the name of a member of the "Magyarok" guild leader for more than 45 days inactive. Therefore, there is not really a leader.

My request would be to hand over the leader of the guild, as other active members. More in advance so as to ensure the progress of the guild.

Thank you: (A) an active member of the guild "Magyarok": Laci


I call dibs on Keeper horvilaci's dungeon name and gold if Keeper horvilaci should become inactive for more than 45 days. :D

(Because the new leader of Magyarok will take ownership of the guild name and donated gold.)
User avatar
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 am

Previous

Return to From the Devs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Legal Notices    |    Product EULAs & Other Disclaimers    |    Terms of Service     |    Privacy Policy - Your Privacy Rights    |    Corporate Info    |    Online Safety Guidelines

© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. Trademarks belong to their respective owners. All rights reserved.