HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Tournaments and Game Direction

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby DKDev_Chris » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Greetings Keepers,

I've seen a desire for more communication regarding the way Tournaments are being handled and some insight to the general direction of the game. As such, I wanted to touch base with everyone.

1) Gem Tournament Payouts - I've already commented on this here. When this decision was made, we knew it would be controversial, but it was a necessary change. I'm sorry for the Keepers out there that do not agree with it, but this change is here to stay.

2) Star Qualifier Thresholds - The original values were selected before we implemented the change to award Victory Star multipliers. The threshold values were never updated accordingly, and were corrected with 4.2. Regarding the recent Blitz tournament thresholds, admittedly those were set to too high for a 1 day qualifier and will be adjusted downward accordingly.

3) Game Direction - Dungeon Keeper will continue to focus on events, such as Tournaments. 4.3 will introduce an additional focus, and we'll likely be putting together some teasers in the coming weeks. It is still undergoing varying certification processes so it's too early to announce anything though. Additionally, a new feature will be revealed with 4.3 that I think might bolster your interest. (intentionally obscure ;))

4) General Lack of Communication - This is on us, so, apologies. We are still trying to fill the void in the wake of Genes absence, and needless to say those are some tough shoes to fill. Regardless, we need to do a better job of communicating any upcoming changes earlier than we have been, and this is something we will try to get better at.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Re: Tournaments and Game Direction

Postby stark23x » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:05 pm

DKDev_Chris wrote:Greetings Keepers,

I've seen a desire for more communication regarding the way Tournaments are being handled and some insight to the general direction of the game. As such, I wanted to touch base with everyone.

1) Gem Tournament Payouts - I've already commented on this here. When this decision was made, we knew it would be controversial, but it was a necessary change. I'm sorry for the Keepers out there that do not agree with it, but this change is here to stay.

Oh my.

Well, it was fun. You took away any possibility to earn any useful amount of money but left the prices of EVERYTHING astronomically high. This feels literally like you are trying to force more gem purchases.

Good luck to you.

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Bummerrr » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

I hope players will adjust their game and reduce their gem expenditure according to the now limited ability to earn gems... I know I will
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby froman420 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for the update Chris! Can't wait to see the new features!
Froman
Leader - Canada Eh?!?
froman420
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby phloob69 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:30 pm

Thank you chris.
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby d18c7db » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Chris by making the gems scarcer you have essentially increased the cost of everything that is payable in gems. Will you reduce the gem cost accordingly?

I'm cautiously optimistic about 4.3 and I hope it won't disappoint.
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby DaudtheREVENGER » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:11 pm

HUZZAH!
DaudtheREVENGER

Postby Black Crag » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:53 am

Thank you for the information Chris. I'm looking forward to the next update. Regarding gem payouts I'm sure you can see the revenue flows we don't know about and make decisions accordingly. If you can keep developing the game I'm happy. I don't like the structure that makes people run solo guilds to get better payouts but at the same time throwing a few dreadstone and gems at the weaker guilds gives everyone something to play for. But maybe some incentive is needed to make people fight harder for the top 3 again? It wouldn't have to be gems or dreadstone, just something to show for the effort? Graphic trophies you could put in your dungeon for attackers to see?
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:11 am

Would be interesting to see, what 4.3 has to offer to bring DS to casual gamers not organized in guilds and/or not playing tournaments, etc.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Lord Keeper of Kobol » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:14 pm

d18c7db wrote:Chris by making the gems scarcer you have essentially increased the cost of everything that is payable in gems. Will you reduce the gem cost accordingly?

I'm cautiously optimistic about 4.3 and I hope it won't disappoint.

To the best of my knowledge, and I may be wrong, the gem cost of things before the introduction of tournaments stayed the same after the introduction. The gem prizes were high as a way of getting gems to Keepers as there were few trickle methods to do this. Other trickle methods were added and the gem cost of things were not increased, to the best of my knowledge, so why should they now be reduced, during rebalancing of gem-inflow, if they were never raised going the other way?
Lord Keeper of Kobol
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to From the Devs