HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

4.3 Teasers!

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

4.3 Teasers!

Postby DKDev_Chris » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Greetings Keepers,

4.3 is fairing well in the world of certification, so I thought I might give everyone a preview of what it has to offer.

Aside from some much requested bug fixes, 4.3 will offer a new feature, "Bolster", and some significant changes to the Exclusive Raid system.

Bolster
Imps can now "Bolster" any Room, with the exception of the Guild Lair, to provide unique bonuses that further enhance those Rooms. The strength of the bonus is dependent on the number of Imps you assign to a Room, so you can either double down on a single Room or spread them throughout your Dungeon for a wider variety of lesser bonuses-- the choice is yours.

Assigning an Imp to Bolster a Room will instantly apply the Bolster bonus, but also occupy that Imp until you assign him to another project. Each assignment will cost an amount of Gold dependent on the level of the Room to which he is assigned.

Exclusive Raid Changes
A number of changes will be occurring to the Exclusive Raids. They will now be hosted bi-weekly and will award Dreadstone. Gem rewards will be changed to account for this, and you should also be forewarned that they will be significantly more difficult. Each Exclusive Raid is now themed to provide a more engaging experience.

More details to follow next week!
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Re: 4.3 Teasers!

Postby Da Grud » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Both ideas, imps bolstering rooms & survial raids awarding Dreadstones, sound like GREAT ideas.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby _Is_ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Will this change the overall defensive boost from D&D if the imps are now busy bolstering individual rooms?
Guild - Dark Exodus
_Is_

Postby Vulty » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Great new features, but what about Target bleeding fix?
Vulty

Postby Black Crag » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Sounds like great features! Looking forward to these a lot!
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby PH4N70M » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:46 pm

:mrgreen:
★▶PH4N70M◀★
DCR 136/ CP >3,5M / TP ~6,2k
DKA - Dungeon Keeper Alliance
PH4N70M
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby d18c7db » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Thank you Chris, that is a very pleasant announcement. The Bolster was in fact a forum suggestion and I'm pleasantly surprised it's being added to the game.

I'm also glad to see that the event raid is tweaked to be a little harder, maybe this isn't such great news for lower level players but certainly the dreads were finding it far too easy. I'm bracing myself for some nasty surprises with the tweaks to the event raid rewards but that's just me drawing on past experiences with EA, maybe I'm being too pessimistic, I hope not to be proven right.

Happy Thanksgiving
d18c7db
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby gargarog » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Thanks for these news. Thanks also for adopting suggestions coming from the community of players, this makes us feel heard, and we see that you can recognize good ideas.
Guild: Lightsbane - Level 34

Typically ranking 25-29 ... join and get your share!
Seats available.
gargarog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:54 pm

"Exclusive Raids. They will now be hosted bi-weekly" so now it will take 3.5 years to get the achievement. Other than this good+1
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dr. BL » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Great news on all fronts, thanks Chris and team!
Dr. BL
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Next

Return to From the Devs