HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Postby DKDev_Chris » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:37 am

Hey all,

There's been a lot of discussion over tournaments recently, so I wanted to share one part of our next update with everyone.

Due to player feedback, we have altered the formula used to calculate bonus Victory Stars during Tournaments. Specifically, we've added in (significant) additional bonuses depending on the Dungeon Heart level and League of Evil level of your opponent. Players will still receive bonuses depending on their own Dungeon Heart level and League of Evil level, which have not changed, nor has the performance multiplier been altered.

This isn't live yet, and won't be until 5.0 releases, so you'll have a few tournaments to see how things work with the new Horny's Chosen bracket change and the old star count.

More details will be released as we get closer to publishing the update.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Re: 5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Postby Argentina » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 pm

Fantastic news!
Dungeon: Argento
Guild: Spain Craft / Dread Dungeons
Argentina
Minion
Minion

Postby Plankton_Buffet » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Will the raid screen display thus info? So you can asses who to attack to get the most bang for your buck?
Plankton Buffet . League: Dread. Trophies: some. CPs: 900K ish. Friends: Many

The Plankton(tm): Plankton Buffet, Planktonyte, Planktonator, Planktation

Guilds: The Rising, The Rising Warriors, The Rising v2, The Rising Academy, The Rising DS Mine
Plankton_Buffet
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Shrock » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Fantastic update !! Thanks for listening to our voices as annoying as they can be at times.
Shrock
Dread Dungeons / Level 30 / 5 Rings
Brothers Guild / Level 30 / 1 Ring
The Seven Kingdoms / To be announced
Shrock
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby GOLDDUST » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks! :D
Dungeons: BADBLOOD, GOLDDUST - Home guild: SEWERCIDE
HC rings: 15 (Sewercide 3, Italy 3, Slovakia 1, Skar Tactics 2, Russia 4, Romania, Original Keepers)
GOLDDUST
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Smellypuppy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up, but unless matching is going to let me choose my opponents dh LV and loe this is going to be another frustrating 'fix' at best. You are setting it up so that my point score is out of my control to decide. Why not just make it a lotto based system of points for every victory. Let's go one step further and just choose tourney brackets including HC by lotto and then the winners as well - bam tourney done in a second or less! We could have a million tourneys a week this way!

You set up the baby situation largely because you had to make cp a currency so dh10 can be bought without building out the warehouses and then made young dungeons an easy target by taking away their temple. That is what largely enabled the baby dungeon issue, do you realize this??? Your tourney 'fix' implies no.

Personally I like the baby dungeon problem as I get to crush resource rich dungeons with ease, just FYI. :twisted:
Smellypuppy
Keeper
Keeper

Postby munkyvillan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Great patch but please make sure you test it out properly and no new bugs.
munkyvillan
Minion
Minion

Postby hell hole keeper » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:42 pm

Looking forward to seeing how the new system works. It will have to make for very substantial bonuses to make up for the 3X-4X advantage that baby dungeons currently enjoy.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:53 pm

<removed>
Last edited by Ravenous on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby munkyvillan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Once the system is in place give it a few tournaments and they should be able to adjust the formula to balance it out one way or another
munkyvillan
Minion
Minion

Next

Return to From the Devs