HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: 5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Postby hell hole keeper » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 am

ofblong wrote:I really dont understand how you people cant get multiple 1 star wins using a DH 10 dread level against a DH 10 dread level... I still find A TON of DH 10 Dread level keepers that I can 150 mana tiny destroy. Even a ton that I can 200 mana use all of my minions destroy keepers. I also have over 4k trophies.

I do think that the new requirements for getting a guild to lvl 40 will have something about more trophies but I could be wrong.

The problem is not that big dungeons cannot win stars. The problem is that big dungeons that can only earn 1-star every 5-10 minutes cannot compete with "Baby Dungeons" grabbing 3-stars every 2 minutes by raiding dungeons too weak to defend themselves at 4x speed.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby DK2Hell » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:31 am

looks very nice...i cant wait..push the update pls :twisted:
SKAR TACTICS | Level 40 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767

My Line ID = me12345683
DK2Hell
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:47 pm

ofblong, you are using mana to do that. So unless you gem-refill, you can only do a few of those per hour. Compare that to the several-times that number of attacks you can do as a Heart 10 in Silver/Gold/Obsidian against Heart 8-10 Silver/Gold/Obsidian. 5.0 may bring Dreads closer to the star-accumulation power of babies, but I would still be surprised if more than a couple of guilds in the top slots of each bracket do so by playing with dreads.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby phloob69 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:55 am

I agree with you, Keithustus
EA please don't make me say good bye
phloob69
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby ofblong » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:48 am

Keithustus wrote:ofblong, you are using mana to do that. So unless you gem-refill, you can only do a few of those per hour. Compare that to the several-times that number of attacks you can do as a Heart 10 in Silver/Gold/Obsidian against Heart 8-10 Silver/Gold/Obsidian. 5.0 may bring Dreads closer to the star-accumulation power of babies, but I would still be surprised if more than a couple of guilds in the top slots of each bracket do so by playing with dreads.

6 for the first set of tiny only raids... then after that its however long it takes to obtain 150 mana. It is rare to not need mana.... Then again with what little time I have to raid I usually only currently get 1300 stars without using gems.
ofblong
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby hell hole keeper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 am

ofblong wrote:
Keithustus wrote:ofblong, you are using mana to do that. So unless you gem-refill, you can only do a few of those per hour. Compare that to the several-times that number of attacks you can do as a Heart 10 in Silver/Gold/Obsidian against Heart 8-10 Silver/Gold/Obsidian. 5.0 may bring Dreads closer to the star-accumulation power of babies, but I would still be surprised if more than a couple of guilds in the top slots of each bracket do so by playing with dreads.

6 for the first set of tiny only raids... then after that its however long it takes to obtain 150 mana. It is rare to not need mana.... Then again with what little time I have to raid I usually only currently get 1300 stars without using gems.

A baby dugeon can easily earn 2500 stars per day after building up for 2-3 weeks.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Ravenous » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:34 am

hell hole keeper wrote:
A baby dugeon can easily earn 2500 stars per day after building up for 2-3 weeks.

Star king got 55,000+ in a day and a half with a baby D.. There must be a typo. Meant hour instead of day? Missing a zero?
List of Polls:Topic order Ascending Topic order Descending
DH 11 / DCR 82 / trophy~5.8k / CP>2.8m / HB>8.6k / Plunder>12.1b
Ravenous
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Black Crag » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 am

Ravenous wrote:
hell hole keeper wrote:

Star king got 55,000+ in a day and a half with a baby D.. There must be a typo. Meant hour instead of day? Missing a zero?

I don't think that achievement qualifies as "easily". ;)
Leader of the Crooked Moon guild (level 40, 6 bracket victories). Find us in game and join, or read our recruitment topic here.
Black Crag
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Keithustus wrote:New change Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 pm:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9907

Not resolved is Cesspool's Rule:
Cesspool wrote:If I can still make more points getting 4-5 victories with my 500 mana than burning it all for a single high level victory, then that's what I'm going to do. Any change to the system that does not address this obvious truth will have minimal impact.

Haha, thank you for that. And yes, see my general forum post. I remain very comfortable raiding in exactly the same way as before.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HellSewercide » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 am

So this what I have kinda worked out..

Dread Dungeon:
122 Stars a raid x 12 raids a hour x 14 hours of play = 20K Stars (Gem spend 1k)

Baby Dungeon:
50 Stars a raid x 50 raids a hour x 14 hours of play = 35K Stars (Gems spend 500)

So a baby is still the better option, by far!

To solve this problem you would need to add a DCR bonus.

If you added 100 stars bonus per raid for all keepers with a DCR over 70 this would make the dreads as strong as the babies (however they still would lose more gems then a baby)

To be fair you could also add a small bonus, like, 50 Stars for a DCR between 50-70.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 17 (Sewercide x3, Italy x4, Russia x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Slovakia, Dutch, France actif)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs