HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: 5.0 To Introduce New Star Formula

Postby Daemonizer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:45 am

purgatoria wrote:...
As bad as it maybe, there is always a way things can go spectacularly worse....

Ha ha. Been here, seen that.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:50 am

Grimgor wrote:
Keithustus wrote:That's why HEART should not be taken into consideration, whereas DCR (true DCR, not just limited to 29) should be used to calculate the bonuses. Get a nice big bonus for someone with a DCR at or higher than yours, and either no bonus or a negative bonus from attacking people lower than you.

That still favor baby dungeons as they have a low DCR and a very powerful offense.

If it going to be based on DCR you should be reward for what your opponent DCR is. It should have nothing to do with your DCR because the higher your DCR is the harder opponents you are going to get. You shouldn't be penalize for building traps rooms etc.

True. DCR should be broken into two different factors: DCR and Attack Composition Rating, or ACR. ACR would be calculated from only the factors that matter on offense: number of minions, levels of minions, levels of immortals, and levels of spells. Matchmaking, trophies gained and lost, and bonus stars should be about the attacker's ACR versus the defender's DCR.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby HellSewercide » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:52 am

Ravenous wrote:
alex117 wrote:Can be solve some baby dungeon, ok good to hear that but not solve <a href="tel:3100-3300">3100-3300</a> sandbagger who still dread in DH10. Why don't add new league over 3500, 4000 and even 5000+ with different bonus ? Will permit to solve the global equation.

+1

Totally agree with this and have mentioned it in the past! Hope to see new leagues! I would like to see it go up to 6K+ for the top bracket.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 47 (Sewercide x6, Italy x15, Russia x11, Slovakia x3, France x2, Gilde Pilsner x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby HellSewercide » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:38 am

A simple way to stop the sandbagging:

Deduct stars if they lose a raid and give the defending dungeons stars for defending against a raider.

All you would need to do is put a -50 Stars for a loss. I believe you need to sandbag twice for every win so they will cancel out all their stars if they wish to sandbag
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 47 (Sewercide x6, Italy x15, Russia x11, Slovakia x3, France x2, Gilde Pilsner x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby hell hole keeper » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:18 am

Black Crag wrote:If you get a bonus for attacking above your DCR and a penalty for attacking below it, that would be a huge benefit for baby dungeons who have an artificially low DCR and can win against normal dungeons with the same or higher DCR with a single Immortal. Mature dungeons would have to attack others with maxed (or near maxed) rooms and traps just to avoid the penalty, and I don't know how others are doing it but in my experience that means using a full complement of minions and 300-500 mana for an uncertain 1-2 star victory.

I'm all for introducing a new star formula which rewards attacking bigger dungeons but if it is made relative to the attacking dungeon it will only discourage people from developing their own.

I'm curious to see what the developers have cooked up here and I think it should be tried and evaluated before any other changes are introduced. I suspect baby dungeons will still have an advantage in ungemmed (or low gem) star output per hour but if mature dungeons increase their output by 30% or so it would be huge improvement.

I didn't say a player attacking with level 8 heart or level 8 DCR, I said a player attacking with level 8 resources. In other threads I have argued that an attacker's resources (offense capability) should be considered in factoring his reward not his defensive capability .
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Bummerrr » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Should be interesting to see how this affects tournaments. Picking on the weak is certainly getting old. It should be obvious that taking out a tough opponent should award more points than taking out a weak dungeon. Currently, combat points already work that way: 100% on a maxed out dungeon awards I think 400 combat points. 100% on a weak dungeon could be less than 200 combat points.
Acc#1: 4,450/453k CP / 1686 Hearts / 1270.2M Plunder
Acc#2: 3,300/488k CP / 2441 Hearts / 1472.8M Plunder
Guild: The Seven Kingdoms
Bummerrr
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Keithustus » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Bummerrr wrote:taking out a tough opponent should award more points than taking out a weak dungeon. Currently, combat points already work that way

A CP tournament every so often instead of a star tournament would be a good alternative to explore this. Problem is it takes way more minions and mana to attack a decked-out dungeon, almost certainly disproportionate to the number of CPs gained.
Keithustus
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Da Grud » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Keithustus wrote:A CP tournament every so often instead of a star tournament would be a good alternative to explore this. Problem is it takes way more minions and mana to attack a decked-out dungeon, almost certainly disproportionate to the number of CPs gained.

LOVE this idea. Would probably get a lot of Keepers buying the DK Premium boost too, if they did this.

Some might argue that it should only be CPs before the 40% bonus that comes with the DK Premium boost, but I say, "No way!" Players that buy the Scouting & first strike bonus already get an advantage (rightly so) in the current tournament structure, so I see nothing wrong with those that buy the DK Premium boost getting a advantage in a CP tournament. The boost is available to all & if you are a good player you actually get any gems it cost you to buy back from your winnings.
Last edited by Da Grud on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da Grud
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Smellypuppy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 pm

hell hole keeper wrote:The current system is a bust. Anyone playing the game can clearly see that. A change to the scoring system pretty much has to improve it because it is as bad as it can possibly be.

A really smart man said things can always get worse. There is only a limited number of changes that can lead to improvement compared with the number of changes that can make things worse.

tweeking an established module like the tourney, will do nothing but change (maybe), the problem to something else. That is why we are here, change in dh LV to cp and moving ut cadence (combined with tourney payout tweek). Those tweeks to improve the tourney previously have created the landscape today. This change that puts more importance on a bad matching system will be a net negative. It would be as if the bonus you got was based on the crummy game stability by having bonus increase with the continous time you play Dk.

It was mentioned to make a loss lose troph, omg! Easiest thing to game, get guild with dread dungeons all drop to 0 troph before tourney start.

The only thing to do is have new, mixed type of tourneys and just get this current type of tourney out of beta. Tourney is the new troll behavior! Have a tourney based on cp, another on dcr, another where every LV D room gives bonus like dh, one that is time crunched 4-6 hours, one that is raid crunched everyone gets 100 raids within tourney time, one where you get benefit for D win, one where you lose vic stars for a loss. That is the best solution- variety.
Smellypuppy
Keeper
Keeper

Postby hell hole keeper » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Smellypuppy wrote:
hell hole keeper wrote:The current system is a bust. Anyone playing the game can clearly see that. A change to the scoring system pretty much has to improve it because it is as bad as it can possibly be.

A really smart man said things can always get worse. There is only a limited number of changes that can lead to improvement compared with the number of changes that can make things worse.

tweeking an established module like the tourney, will do nothing but change (maybe), the problem to something else. That is why we are here, change in dh LV to cp and moving ut cadence (combined with tourney payout tweek). Those tweeks to improve the tourney previously have created the landscape today. This change that puts more importance on a bad matching system will be a net negative. It would be as if the bonus you got was based on the crummy game stability by having bonus increase with the continous time you play Dk.

It was mentioned to make a loss lose troph, omg! Easiest thing to game, get guild with dread dungeons all drop to 0 troph before tourney start.

The only thing to do is have new, mixed type of tourneys and just get this current type of tourney out of beta. Tourney is the new troll behavior! Have a tourney based on cp, another on dcr, another where every LV D room gives bonus like dh, one that is time crunched 4-6 hours, one that is raid crunched everyone gets 100 raids within tourney time, one where you get benefit for D win, one where you lose vic stars for a loss. That is the best solution- variety.

I used the words "pretty much." You are taking the statement too literally. It can be worse, though not "much" worse. I like your suggestions though. A constantly changing target would prevent a drive by everyone to do exactly the same thing.
Chaos Theory Join us if you wish to max out your dungeon and challenge your peers. No need for Baby Killing in here!
hell hole keeper
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to From the Devs