HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

12DCR / 439 trophies attacked by 3436 trophy player?!

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

12DCR / 439 trophies attacked by 3436 trophy player?!

Postby LtChambers » Mon May 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Is this working as intended or are they hacking the matchmaking system? My understanding was "sandbagging" required having a low trophy count.

LtChambers

Re: 12DCR / 439 trophies attacked by 3436 trophy player?!

Postby pitofdespair » Tue May 09, 2017 11:59 pm

It can happen. I'm over 11000 trophies and I was matched against a DCR 1 last month while I was about DCR 170. Matchmaking is statistical as far as I can tell, so your odds of going against someone far off your DCR are never quite zero. (That's the only time I remember seeing a DCR 1.)

To clean our old dungeons, you only get matched against someone who has logged in since the last server reboot at the longest, so right after a reboot there's often only a small number of people to match against, and you'll see people you normally wouldn't quite frequently for the first hour or two.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby LtChambers » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am

"To clean our old dungeons" - I assume that's a typo for "clean out". Are you positive about that? I've been matched against a lot of people who look like they stopped playing a while ago. It's possible they just have very little imagination though...
LtChambers

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 pm

There are in every tournament specific days and times, where my DCR 16x/ TP 17,000 main dungeon is matched against DCR 1-30 a LOT. Love it, a Tiny-by sweep with 2xx stars in a few seconds.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby LtChambers » Fri May 12, 2017 8:53 am

Seems like a bug then. Because even a retarded game designer wouldn't make such a dumb match up on purpose...
LtChambers

Postby Kaihawaii » Sat May 13, 2017 3:30 pm

No, it's just balance against sand bagging and baby dungeons. I call it a good feature to support developed dungeons.
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 am

LtChambers wrote:"To clean our old dungeons" - I assume that's a typo for "clean out". Are you positive about that? I've been matched against a lot of people who look like they stopped playing a while ago. It's possible they just have very little imagination though...

Yes, clean out. I'm not certain - but the behavior after server reboots seems to indicate it. Whether or not they tee up old dungeons as targets I can't say - it may just be old people checking in to see how the game is. (I can say with certainty that after 48 hours idle you will no longer experience attacks against you, though they may well put clones of you up for others.)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
Game Center: agoodspellr
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Return to Bug Reports