HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Decent lvl Chicken Bomb (5-6) not killing high level Trolls

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Decent lvl Chicken Bomb (5-6) not killing high level Trolls

Postby The Unforgiven » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

I get raided by high level players with really strong trolls, and a lvl. 6 (i.e. the highest level before the dreadstone upgrade) chicken bomb only takes a part of the troll's health. I don't understand how that is possible. This trap should deal fire damage and high level trolls are now routinely surviving my lvl. 5 (and sometimes lvl. 6) chicken bombs.

Maybe the damage by this trap is not treated by the game as "fire damage" to the trolls? In any case, this seems like a bug.
The Unforgiven

Re: Decent lvl Chicken Bomb (5-6) not killing high level Tro

Postby tripo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:42 pm

I think it helps to have numbers, to show where it might go wrong. A lvl6 bomb does 2600 damage. I don't know if that's per target or if that's split between targets. Either way, a lvl20 troll has 1210 health and if I send 5 of them into a bomb, they're all gone. If the trap's damage is split, it would still be 520 damage x 7 before they should survive it, since Trolls take 7x damage from fire. I don't have Trolls high enough to test out at what level they surpass 3640 health, but that's where I expect them to survive the blast. Maybe a high level player can test this out.
tripo

Postby The Unforgiven » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:53 am

Oh you mean the damage might get split between the trolls? I doubt that, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere... And by the way I have also had cases of a single troll walking into a chicken bomb and surviving it. It's hard for me to give numbers, as I don't have high level trolls and I can't see the level of invading trolls, so I assume they are max level. So, my best guess is that the damage from the chicken bomb does not get the fire damage multiplier when hitting trolls...
The Unforgiven

Postby pitofdespair » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:43 pm

Max lv troll = 3460 health, takes 6x damage from fire
I don’t believe the damage is split between targets.

But only five targets can be hit by one bomb. My guess is that there’s more than 5 trolls within the blast radius. Often they are stacked. It may appear that one is partly damaged, but it probably took the damage elsewhere. If not, would be interesting to see a replay video (though those are sometimes buggy.)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 50 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and win medals in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby The Unforgiven » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:15 am

Here's a link to a recent defence replay showcasing the levels of my Chicken Bombs and showing the trolls survive them at max zoom-in:

https://youtu.be/jk1r__QLl2Q
The Unforgiven

Return to Bug Reports