HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

DK removed from google play!!

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

DK removed from google play!!

Postby hcstymie2 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am

"Dungeon Keeper by Electronic Arts isn't available on Google Play on this device"

You can't cut off the app before you shutdown. The app crashes a few times a week and I have to do a complete reinstall just to get it to work again. I'm sure there are many others who have to keep reinstalling to keep it working!

After a year, just yesterday I reached the goal I had been working towards. You can't just cut me off now! I'm not asking for support. Just access to my account.
hcstymie2

Re: DK removed from google play!!

Postby iram » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:04 pm

I came here to say this exact same thing. :o
iram

Postby hcstymie2 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:53 am

Please put DK back on Google Play so we can reinstall as needed. Put up a note or something saying the game is ending Aug 9. But give us access to download so we can connect to our existing accounts. When the app crashes, we often need to do a reinstall to get it to work right again. For me, either it crashes right away or trying many things with Google Play Games, sometimes it tries to create a new account instead of being able to reach the existing one.

I already dumped 2 of my accounts due to the Android OS update issues with Google Play Games. My last account I can access if I have an app to open. I have to reset my chromebook to factory default and install DK for it to connect to my existing account when issues happen.
hcstymie2

Postby hcstymie2 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:00 pm

--Amazon changed something and instead of updating to support that, E.A. decided to do nothing and all kindle users lost their accounts.
--Android update makes it difficult to switch accounts. Nothing done to support Google Play Games updates. Many who couldn't figure out a way to make it work lost their accounts.
--Then Android update causes trouble, instead of updating to support it, E.A. decides to just shut down.
--After a lot of effort, could get 1 of 3 accounts to work. But when it crashes, requires a device reset and DK reinstall to get it going again. But EA can't be bothered to leave the access on the app store to finish off playing till the end.
--It's bad enough that the game was Beta quality at best. Even most basic features never worked right. EA couldn't be bothered to complete development neve the less, fix even basic bugs.
Nothing but a money grab for EA. Shows you how much respect they have for their consumers. None. Dev Chris kept the game going, thanx for that, but EA is just a money whore.

Only been playing a short time compared to others, so might be a much longer list. Only know about the Amazon thing cause I wanted to play the game but the install wouldn't work. Many years later I got an android.
hcstymie2

Return to Bug Reports