HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Cannot connect to server

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Cannot connect to server

Postby stark23x » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 am

Problem: On all android devices, regardless of version or connection type, I cannot connect. This started sometime on June 30th. The game starts, Google Play logs me in and then 99% of the time it flashes to a screen that says "Unable to connect" "Cannot connect to server" with a "Retry" button. Every so often I hear "So, you've finally returned, Keeper" with the music in the background, but then it instantly flashes to the same screen.

I have never seen an error code. I uninstalled and rebooted,then reinstalled. No effect.

I have tried this on two phones, both on wifi and data, as well as two tablets and I even tried on an emulator. Different versions of Android on every device and it doesn't make a difference. It appears to be account related.

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Re: Cannot connect to server

Postby stark23x » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:49 am

This was the global outage that many of us had yesterday. All resolved!

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HΔLCYON » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 am

I haven't been able to play since last tournament. Australia iOS. Please fix asap! I love this game.
HΔLCYON

Postby csajjj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:06 am

Hey halcyon, im in the same boat. Glad someone else is experiencing this. I'm also from Australia and the only way i can connect is through my WiFi which i find odd. If i go through my phones data it refuses to connect. I've messaged support but no reply. Very disappointed.
Dungeon: Deer Park
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
csajjj
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HΔLCYON » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:18 am

I haven't been able to play since the end of last tournament. I emailed Chris and he said he was looking into it...id like to know a rough time frame... It's annoying... I'd like to know what's going on.
HΔLCYON

Postby HΔLCYON » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:06 am

Any Australians with line app experiencing same issue, add me. My id is halcyon1993. We'll push to get this fixed with numbers and more people bringing the issue up. If you have line app, I can keep everyone posted there as well as here. Plus I can screen shot my emails and convos with the developers and share them with you. Thanks :-)
HΔLCYON

Postby csajjj » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:16 pm

I actually thought it was my phone at first but I've installed it on other people's phones and it still doesn't work. Also thought it may be account related but I've also ruled that out. Only thing i haven't ruled out is what phone network i'm on as all the phones I've tested it on have been with vaya on the optus network. What network are you with halcyon?
Don't believe it will be the issue but would still like too rule it out.
Dungeon: Deer Park
Guild: Fluffy Bunnies!
csajjj
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HΔLCYON » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Optus too lol... Done the install on another device. And also account swapping on phones. Have line app?
HΔLCYON

Postby HΔLCYON » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Chris did mention a server issue in the "Australian" region. I don't know if that includes Indonesia or New Zealand... Maybe even Fiji in the pacific. Anyone from around Australia with similar issues?
HΔLCYON

Postby HΔLCYON » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:23 pm

I also don't believe it's network related. I can still email, use the net, net banking, and other games... It's just DK.
HΔLCYON

Next

Return to Bug Reports