HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Game Randomly Crashes on Sony Xperia XZ Android 7.0

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Game Randomly Crashes on Sony Xperia XZ Android 7.0

Postby Gugesmk3 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:11 am

Game will completely "wink" off on an Xperia XZ on Android 7.0.

It only happens in Raid mode.

Is DK 7.0 certified?
Gugesmk3

Re: Game Randomly Crashes on Sony Xperia XZ Android 7.0

Postby Kongar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Have the same issue on Samsung and other Android devices. App tends to get slow/choppy... then drops out after a raid, before returning to dungeon.

Watch for graphics going "black"... quit and restart in controlled manner instead of placing immortal at risk.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby The-Destroyers » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 am

The same issue is also affecting the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet, it also had an update to Android 7 that broke the game.

It also broke other apps including some from Google (Google Newstand), as well as causing sound issues, so it may be a bad update from Sony rather than an issue with the DK app itself.

I can load the game but it will crash to the android home screen when I try and raid.

Also the sound is wrong, if you turn the volume up you will notice a lot of crackling, hissing and popping and its not coming from Horny!

I have given up trying to play until it gets fixed ... if it gets fixed.
The-Destroyers

Postby Scavenger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:39 am

Do you think it will ever get fixed?
Scavenger

Postby The-Destroyers » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:45 am

No, Sony released another update today but it has made no difference. I still believe its a Sony issue and not a DK issue but without someone from Sony or DK taking an interest it seems that anyone with a Sony Xperia device and Android 7.0 update can no longer play DK.

Not helpful when you are a guild leader and have played the game nearly every day since it was launched.
The-Destroyers

Postby jmf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:47 am

Same here, I have played intensively for several months until this recent problem made it unplayable.
I also noticed something strange, maybe related.
I live in Japan, using the sony xperia zx (English).

Trying to resolve this problem I uninstalled DK, then went back to Google Play to download and reinstall it, to be told by the DK page, with "1 million downloads", that the "app was not available in my country", which is strange because I was playing it from the beginning.
When I went to the page of previously installed apps history in "my apps and games" in Google Play, DK was still in the list. When I clicked on it I now had the install button active, but there was only "500 thousands downloads" displayed. I could install it, the dungeon was how I left it before uninstalling it.

So, it appears there are two versions of the game? One "old" version that may be installed worldwide, and a new updated version but only for North America and/or Europe users? The possibility exists that when I play with the old version and raid a dungeon from the new version, it crashes.

So, here is my question. Where do your guys with the Xperia problem are?
jmf

Postby The-Destroyers » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:42 am

UK here, I don't think its version related as the game itself should check the version when loading.
The-Destroyers

Postby jmf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks for reply.
OK. May not be related then.
About when it crashes. I have tried to raid weak dungeons only with Tiny, and it never crashed. However, as soon as I summoned over 20 minions then the game crashed. So the crash may be related to resource usage or something.
I also have the sound full of static as other users reported.

EA, please fix this thing. We are paying you enough money to play this game, and so we should get 5 stars customer service.
As far as I am concerned this is a DK problem, not a device one, as only DK crashes among many other apps I uses.
jmf

Postby jmf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:24 am

I just factory reset my xperia X performance with sony Xperia companion. Same problem happened again.

Static sound, crash on raid mode.

ONLY DK has problem. All other apps are all OK.
jmf

Postby jmf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:32 am

just thinking that is EA customer service is as fast as DK's imps on room upgrade, we'll get help sometime next year.
Can we slap you guys to accelerate things?
jmf

Next

Return to Bug Reports