HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Game crashes

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Game crashes

Postby Scavenger » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 am

Hey,
my game keeps crashing. There is no connection loss but the whole game crashes. It might be related to the Xperia System Update from 20.2.2017 on my Z5 compact (android 7.0). The crash happens in the setting menu, in replays (only when i hit the 4x-Button) and in every raid (even without hitting the 4x-Button). It doesnt crash while slapping my imps etc. So i am not able to actually play. I emptied the cache, deleted app data, deleted app, turned off my phone an reinstalled the app. Done this 2 times now, nothing changed. Also there is a cracking noise coming out of my speakers while the game is opened. I really never had a problem like this in the past 2 years. All other apps have no problems.
Please help, thanks
Scavenger

Re: Game crashes

Postby purgatoria » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm

First thing to do is message dk chriss
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby kerker » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:49 am

Hi there,
I have the exact same problem on my xperia z5 premium and it also occured after the latest system update from sony. Game crashes randomly, wether I am watching a replay, in the middle of a raid or anything else and the sounds make weird noises. At first I thought there was some problem with the speakers of my phone, but everything else works fine except dungeon keeper. Also rebooting and reinstalling the app did not help.
kerker

Postby Scavenger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks/Danke Kerker (falls du deutsch bist)

got this Massage from Chris:
"Hmmm, if the android update is breaking the game, there's not much we can do on our end. I will forward your information along to engineering though so they are aware of the problem"

Im gonna contact sony tomorrow
Scavenger

Postby Scavenger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:32 am

The Sony Support says that the game might not be compatible to the new android 7. They suppose that the game has to be updated. This could be the reason that i got no problems with all other apps.
Scavenger

Postby RealmDarkness » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 am

Got this info from Sony earlier on.
Back up your device, then link your device to a pc with xperia companion on it. Go to software repair, and repair. If that fails, then rollback to andriod 6 is the only solution.

I havent tried it yet.
RealmDarkness

Postby Scavenger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:37 am

I wont go back to Android 6.

Chris:
"Yea I've seen a few other reports about an issue like this. The common denominator in all of them appears to be the device (Xperia Z5) and the latest Android update. I've forwarded everything onto to QA so they can begin an investigation."

So... im gonna wait
Scavenger

Postby The-Destroyers » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am

The same issue is also affecting the Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet, it also had an update to Android 7 that broke the game.

It also broke other apps including some from Google (Google Newstand), as well as causing sound issues, so it may be a bad update from Sony rather than an issue with the DK app itself.

I can load the game but it will crash to the android home screen when I try and raid.

Also the sound is wrong, if you turn the volume up you will notice a lot of crackling, hissing and popping and its not coming from Horny!

I have given up trying to play until it gets fixed ... if it gets fixed.
The-Destroyers

Postby Scavenger » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:41 am

I'm so tired of this. I want to play
Scavenger

Postby The-Destroyers » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 am

Same here but nobody else seems bothered that it is now unplayable.
The-Destroyers

Next

Return to Bug Reports