HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Continuous disconnections during Tournament weekends.

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Re: Continuous disconnections during Tournament weekends.

Postby blink » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 am

I've collected data on several of the disconnects from this tournament so far, with speed tests and screen shots of who the enemy was and times, so you can look at the logs. You can see the data here:

http://cateonline.co.uk/bugs/Disconnects-from-Dungeon-Keeper.pdf

It looks like the disconnects I'm getting are not to do with internet speeds. Nor do any of the enemy's have 0 trophies.
All the disconnects are just quitting raids half way though. These were all on easy raids I would have won, so I reckon so far Ive lost at least 1500 stars.

Let me know if you need any more info.

blink
blink

Postby pitofdespair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Your pings look great. Can you post the graph of an individual speed test? The average speeds aren’t as important as the consistency (dropped/delayed packets). You can see it if you have sudden drops in speed... even if it’s only for a split second, in my experience you’ll get a disconnect. The newest version of Ookla Speedtest shows % of packers dropped, but a long enough delay will also disconnect.

(If you think it’s a bug and you’re trying to help the devs reproduce more cases, I think Chris would like you to pm him your user ID and the time of a raid right after it happens.)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby blink » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Ive updated the PDF with the individual speed tests from the last three tests (I didn't take screens of the ones before that). The graphs show no major inconsistencies, though of course these were taken just after the disconnect not at the actual time, so you can't tell 100%. (Its a new install of Ookla, but I can't see where you get the "% of packers dropped")

Ive put up this data to show not all disconnects are the 0 trophy bug as Chris suggested.

This is why I was suggesting saving the state of a players minions/mana/immortals before each raid. so that they can be reinstated if a disconnect happens. This at least would mitigate the problem, as I'm not sure it can be easily fixed, or else the devs would have done it already.

Chris has my ID, and the time of the raids can be seen from speed tests and DK screens in the PDF :)
blink

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Great info. In my version of Ookla, you can click on Results at the bottom, then click on a previous test to get the following. Can you try that?

Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 pm

Oh wait, I see, yours has the little green lines underneath. Yes, I agree with you, they look beautiful.

The only other thing I can think of is that on my older iPad, I turned off background apps from running, turned off pop up notifications, and turned off automatic updates, so that they wouldn’t try to steal CPU or bandwidth while I was playing. On my newer device it’s not an issue. But I tend to agree with you that it’s probably not a problem on your end.
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby DKDev_Chris » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Hmmm, that is suspicious...

Engineering did get our new cheat-detection up and running before the weekend, but something came up before I could have them look into the 0 Trophy bug. While your results look like that issue isn't necessarily related to your disconnects, I'm hoping that they uncover something that is related during their investigation.

Once they start on this task I'll have more info to follow.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby blink » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Sorry I should have already included this... My tablet is a Samsung SM-T580 Galaxy Tab A, bought in October last year. Its fairly decent for a tablet, with 1.6 GHz processor and 2 GB ram, so it shouldn't have any problems running the app. I also don't tend to run other apps whilst playing Dungeon keeper.
blink

Postby blink » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for the update Chris (sorry we posted at the same time).

Let me know if/when you'd like any more information on this from me.
blink

Postby Vaasth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

After dealing with this bug for months, every single day, I have finally cracked and quit this game.
I lost far too much patience and nerves, not to mention time and donations.
It aggravated me every single time when I start playing DK and this bug ruins my will/effort/game-play.
I am so sad to leave but this situation that lasts for months every single day left me NO choice.

Good day.
Vaasth

Postby Mistress Rental » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:24 pm

I have made it a habit when I play on my phone to disable wifi, as I have a setup in my home where my phone will switch AP (and sometimes will drop back to mobile data). When on my mobile data plan I never have disconnects.
I also play using a WiFi only tablet, but that does not seem to switch WiFi AP (at least not from the sofa, where I usually sit with my DK games) so that does not get the disconnection issues.

Mistress Rental
----------------------
BloodRainClan: Mid level guild looking for more active players
-----------------
BloodRainClan : mid level guild looking for more acitve players
Mistress Rental

Previous

Return to Bug Reports