HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

New Client does not keep phone awake

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

New Client does not keep phone awake

Postby Hoboken » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I've had this issue since the new client came out (a couple months ago now, I think). I've got a Pixel 2 Android phone.

The old client used to keep the phone awake, even if you didn't touch the screen. The new client does not.

I've got a very short time on my phone before it dims the screen and goes to sleep, in order to preserve battery charge (which I need to do because playing DK tends to eat my battery...). If the screen goes black while DK is up, I am immediately disconnected. The result is that if I am inattentive (for instance, if I am playing an easy event raid...or, occasionally, just an easy PvP raid), the screen will go black and, even if I immediately turn it back on again, I'll get disconnected and lose my raid.
Dungeon: Hoboken [DH 20 / DCR 246]
Trophies: 9,700+
Guild: The Keepers of the Old Way [35] - Recruiting
Hoboken

Re: New Client does not keep phone awake

Postby pitofdespair » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Has been that way on iOS forever. Workaround for now is to change your phone settings to not turn off for five minutes. You can change your screen brightness to save some power, I do that a lot. But it’s not a low power game I’m afraid.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Bug Reports