HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Raid crashes when I send ghosts in.

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Raid crashes when I send ghosts in.

Postby RedwoodElf » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:16 pm

If I use Ghosts to open a raid, using them to take down a room behind a dungeon's main defensive hallways, The raid almost always simply ends as soon as I start putting minions in the dead room or shortly thereafter. The app just goes straight to the "Wait while your imps put your dungon in order" popup, followed by the "Wall and door" animation - The raid gets no viewable replay (but it DOES take up a slot in the replay message box) The Ghosts are expended along with some of the creatures deployed after the ghosts take down a room, sometimes only a few minions, sometimes the entire army.

I have never seen this happen with any minions yet but Ghosts.
RedwoodElf

Re: Raid crashes when I send ghosts in.

Postby purgatoria » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:22 pm

Disconnect can occur at any time. This game is finicky about lost data packets, overloaded devices and poor connectivity. Clear game cash regularly, good WiFi, cell connection ECT can help
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby RedwoodElf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:34 pm

purgatoria wrote:Disconnect can occur at any time. This game is finicky about lost data packets, overloaded devices and poor connectivity. Clear game cash regularly, good WiFi, cell connection ECT can help

The weird thing is, when I send in armies with NO ghosts, 99% of the raids play themselves out from start to finish. When I send in some ghosts and they kill a room, it crashes Every. Single. Time.
RedwoodElf

Postby pitofdespair » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:36 am

If you can replicate the crash multiple times, especially on a campaign or test of your own dungeon, you can post a video here to have people check it out. Also your device and OS version. Haven’t heard of this problem before.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby RedwoodElf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:58 am

pitofdespair wrote:If you can replicate the crash multiple times, especially on a campaign or test of your own dungeon, you can post a video here to have people check it out. Also your device and OS version. Haven’t heard of this problem before.

I've never recorded a video of an app on an Iphone before. Since replays don't work for these crashed raids (it doesn't give a replay option for them) how do I record the raid so I can post the recording?
RedwoodElf

Postby JPN Keepers » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm

It is easy. Just add screen recording to your control center.
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphon ... o-3522253/
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby RedwoodElf » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 pm

So of course, as soon as I started recording raids, it stopped happening. Shrodenger's Bug...it goes away when observed.
RedwoodElf

Return to Bug Reports