HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

MASSIVE data usage

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

MASSIVE data usage

Postby Tyrannus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I have been playing this game less than a day, and according to my data usage tracker it has already used half a gig of my data. What the hell is going on? Everytime I launch the game it downloads approx 40mb of updates. What is this game doing? And why am I Downloading an update everytime the game is launched. If this keeps up I wont play at all as this game is eating up my data plan at an alarming rate.
Tyrannus

Re: MASSIVE data usage

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Tyrannus wrote:I have been playing this game less than a day, and according to my data usage tracker it has already used half a gig of my data. What the hell is going on? Everytime I launch the game it downloads approx 40mb of updates. What is this game doing? And why am I Downloading an update everytime the game is launched. If this keeps up I wont play at all as this game is eating up my data plan at an alarming rate.

Sounds very odd; you shouldn't have to download 40mb of updates each time you launch the game.

Asking one of our engineers to have a look; will come back to you when I can!
Gene_Mythic

Postby Tyrannus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:43 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I'm running a droid maxx, with the most up to date OS. I tried to reinstall, but it's doing the same thing. On Wi-Fi it won't be an issue, just when I'm not at home this constant updating will use up more data than i can afford to use.
Tyrannus

Postby DarianMaliken » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Odd, my tracked only shows 47 meg of use from the US .apk and most of that being the game update on first download.
DarianMaliken
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gene_Mythic » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Tyrannus wrote:Thank you for the quick response. I'm running a droid maxx, with the most up to date OS. I tried to reinstall, but it's doing the same thing. On Wi-Fi it won't be an issue, just when I'm not at home this constant updating will use up more data than i can afford to use.

(Just to give you a heads up, I haven't forgotten about you. :) We've asked our QA team to take a look; as we're heading into the weekend, it unfortunately might take until early next week before I have an answer for you... but if I hear anything from them over the weekend, I'll be sure to pop on here and re-engage with you!)
Gene_Mythic

Postby Withy14 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am

Reopening issue - thís ís FU*KING ANNOYING!!! Every time it downloads some data when I launch the game. Going to remove really son if this will not be fixed ASAP!!!
Withy14

Postby |-☼-| TieFighter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Make sure you guys have enough free storage on your device. The "cache" for DK is about 40 MBs. If you phone starts to fill up with images/videos/other games, it will start removing the cache from applications to free up storage.
|-☼-| TieFighter

Postby Daemonizer » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Withy14 wrote:... Every time it downloads some data when I launch the game. Going to remove really son if this will not be fixed ASAP!!!

Yup, it downloads "some data" - the state of your dungeon is kept on the server, and you need that data to open your dungeon. I seem to pull about 250KB just to get my biggest dungeon started. Four loads would be about 1 MB and it all adds up when on the mobile towers so I usually play on WiFi.

If you're pulling a lot more data than that, you could try uninstalling and re-installing the game. The dungeon data is on the server so you won't lose it. That re-install will use a lot of data so best do that on WiFi.

If you still have trouble after that, you might want to provide more info for the devs, like your specific hardware device and operating system update level, dungeon name and how much data you see being consumed.

Oh, and also consider what other apps might be running behind the scenes while you are playing DungeonKeeper and might be downloading their own data so that when you next open them they are ready to show off. Things like News and Magazine apps can be trying to stay up-to-date. Shouldn't blame DK for what the device is generally doing. I turn off my apps autoupdate features whenever possible and task kill all apps before starting DK.
------------------------------------------------------------
Daemon, Oct 17 2013
Daemonizer
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby stark23x » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Withy14 wrote:Reopening issue - thís ís FU*KING ANNOYING!!! Every time it downloads some data when I launch the game. Going to remove really son if this will not be fixed ASAP!!!

I bet you this is your device and not the game. DK seems to need a lot of space in cache. You need that free space on your device to keep the game's downloaded cache files ready. Free up at least 200MB and you will see that it stops.

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Chaoskatakombe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 am

May I dare to unearth this thread?

The issue still persists in 2017 with my device.
Android phone Huawei 5x with Emui
Free space internal more than 800 MB plus SD card with over 30gb free

There is a function that weekly cleans your phone and cache, but that is deactivated for DK and the issue occurs daily not weekly.
Chaoskatakombe

Return to Bug Reports