HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Scheduled Game Maintenance: 12/12/13 - 1pm EST

Announcements from members of the Development, Production and Community teams for Dungeon Keeper.

Re: Scheduled Game Maintenance: 12/12/13 - 1pm EST

Postby grim-one » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:44 pm

grim-one wrote:Crap. I better get started on reaching 30k combat points before the maintenance then! :lol:

Well I ended up 600 points short of lvl 10 heart. GG. :shock:
ID: Grim Dungeon
Guild: Horny 'n' Stoned
grim-one
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Grimgor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:22 am

What the point of upgrading your dungeon heart if the cost is dam high? Sure you get few extra hit points but you also get cave in if they destroy it. All this does it make the rich richer by charging players that haven’t upgrade their heart.
Grimgor
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Masalty » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 am

I'm just curious how changing the cost of the dungeon heart is expected to improve gameplay? Seems to me it just makes reaching the final level virtually impossible.
Masalty
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Punkist » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:09 am

wewt, was lucky to complete my lvl 9 heart upgrade lol, 10 will have to wait, got too many defensive building upgrades to catch up anyway.
Punkist
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby ThereAreNoCows » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:31 am

Got my lvl9 heart early, wonder what happens to combat points?? I suggest maybe they can be used as a resource like getting badass minions or revive immortals etc
Well now heart cost 4m stone to upgrade to 10

There are no cows in Dungeon!!!!
Th@r@ @r@ N@ C€Ws !n Dungeon!!!!
iPhone 5s
Wifi-4G
Lastest version
Guild Mwa-ha-ha!
ThereAreNoCows
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby sodomine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:40 am

I'm opposed to this maintenance!
Heart level has nothing to do with other building level,but cost much more!
Players who wanted to level up Heart will level up other buildings to level 10 then they can consider to level up Heart to 9 or 10,because the cost is too expensive even more than most buildings level up to 9/10!
Players who didn't want to level up Heart will find another reason to not level up Heart with other considerations like control the maximum amount of resource can be plundered!
ID:winnie
Guild:[CHN] EA还我们宝石
sodomine
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby The Den of Evil » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:52 am

at 25 K combat points - almost at 30 to upgrade to level 10 dungeon heart. and...... !#$%@#%$@#$% 4 million stone?!?! Really?

I've been working hard grinding away to get there and then this switch. Fine. I guess I can deal.

Oh by the way now that you *Almost* have 1.7k gems for your 5th imp? Yeah thats going to 2.1 have fun!
Screw you guys. Thats not cool.
Foxman - The Den of Evil
Guild Master of "Canada Eh?!?"
Nexus 5
Android 4.4.2
The Den of Evil
Minion
Minion

Postby FieryScythe » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:31 am

The Den of Evil wrote:at 25 K combat points - almost at 30 to upgrade to level 10 dungeon heart. and...... !#$%@#%$@#$% 4 million stone?!?! Really?

I've been working hard grinding away to get there and then this switch. Fine. I guess I can deal.

Oh by the way now that you *Almost* have 1.7k gems for your 5th imp? Yeah thats going to 2.1 have fun!
Screw you guys. Thats not cool.

A bit harsh, but so true...

Truthfully I wanted to buy 900 gems when I get 800 so that I can afford the 5th imp, but looks like now I can just shelf the whole idea. In the end, it looks like they wanting us to buy more gems could lead to us buying less instead.
FieryScythe

Postby Masalty » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:24 am

Reading through the forums I haven't seen one positive response about the change to the dungeon heart cost. I know from my own experience that it is a huge hinderence to upgrading and hasn't changed my game play one bit. If it was an attempt to stop 'drive by' immortal/skeleton attacks I haven't seen any evidence of that.

There is already so much stone to collect to upgrade many of the other buildings. It just means I will probably never upgrade the heart to 10, it is my last priority, what with the advantages of upgrading other buildings and traps. Considering the very large amounts of time and resource expenditure, it could be years before everything is upgraded.

I'm just hoping that the developers revert the cost to combat points. I for one will not be upgrading the heart without that change back.
Masalty
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby spcbrass » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am

Masalty wrote:Reading through the forums I haven't seen one positive response about the change to the dungeon heart cost. I know from my own experience that it is a huge hinderence to upgrading and hasn't changed my game play one bit. If it was an attempt to stop 'drive by' immortal/skeleton attacks I haven't seen any evidence of that.

There is already so much stone to collect to upgrade many of the other buildings. It just means I will probably never upgrade the heart to 10, it is my last priority, what with the advantages of upgrading other buildings and traps. Considering the very large amounts of time and resource expenditure, it could be years before everything is upgraded.

I'm just hoping that the developers revert the cost to combat points. I for one will not be upgrading the heart without that change back.

Before the change I was at level 7 dungeon heart within a couple hundred combat points of level 8. Two weeks later I'm still at level 7 waiting for stone storage to upgrade in order to make the upgrade to level 8. I could have upgraded everything sooner, but I took all of my defensive rooms up a level first since those take priority over the dungeon heart now.

Had combat points still been the currency for upgrading I would have enough now to be at level 9. Because requirements changed the game progress has slowed down quite a bit for me. At the same time because of the change in requirements you have to raid often and plunder a ton of resources to get anything done. With the first bout of inflation this was already the case. Adding the dungeon heart to the stone upgrades has brought the progress of many dungeons down to a crawl. Factor in the increased upgrade times added just before the holidays and it's a little bit like standing in between a freeze trap and a bug zapper right now!

I too would like to see the game revert back to a combat point system. Or at least have us be able to use those combat pints for something. Trade them in for gems/stone/gold. Even an increase to combat point requirement upgrades would be acceptable. Right now there are two sets of statistics that mean virtually nothing with this game and they are basically a waste of space (and code) at the moment. Combat points and evil points.
Ninja Rocket Surgeon

Don Quixote wrote:Finally, from so little sleeping and so much reading, his brain dried up and he went completely out of his mind.

Device: HTC One
Game Version: tu3.1.0.69.248444
spcbrass
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Previous

Return to From the Devs