HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Blitz Tournament #5 / 2days tourney?

Talk amongst y'selves!

Re: Blitz Tournament #5 / 2days tourney?

Postby stark23x » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Then let it be known that they are happening far too often now, and we need a break from this. As it's been stated before, DK is an arms race, AND it's hard to get a guild full of people to do or not do a thing. A lot of players hate the idea of "missing out" on a tournament, but another significant number are BURNED. OUT.

In the "old days," so many months ago, there was a change to the schedule for just this reason. Players were burned out. Many of us are saying it's time for another change. Maybe slow the frequency of the blitz tournaments down a bit.

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Nabashin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Katrina
Just a quick suggestion to address some of what I believe is causing most of the discontent.
The Blitz as you said were supposed to be surprise events that were sprung upon us to great an excited atmosphere. They were supposed to leave us guessing - forming alliances in the background to be activated at a moment notice. To keep us on edge and guessing "what will happen next".
Currently however, they are rather bland and occur at regular predictable intervals - every other week (no mystery at all).
They were also supposed to introduce modifiers that turned the game on its head - currently all that has happened is a room or a minion no one uses get a boost to their stats. May I suggest...
- one blitz a month or something like that, at a random time - leave us guessing, make them unique, stand out, leave us in anticipation.
- more modifiers to make them unique events, e.g hearts can only be killed by a vamp, bomb wall spell disabled, but zapper radius expanded, minion defenders 500% boost, heart must be destroyed for victory etc...

Anyway - just my thoughts...
Dungeon: Nabashin [DH10 / LVL29]
Guild: Dread Dungeons [LVL30 / ROLE:LT]
Trophies: 6000+
CP: 1,500,000
Nabashin
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby jsauerkraut » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:27 pm

+1
Dungeon; SantasWS
Guild; WarWombats now lv35 Lieutenant
Guild; Recruiting Yes PM me
jsauerkraut
Keeper
Keeper

Postby KeeperKatrina » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 am

I'll make sure to pass on your feedback and suggestions-- I know blitz frequency has come up in discussion a couple of times now. Thanks!
KeeperKatrina

Postby stark23x » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:07 pm

It would also be great to realize that between now and January, a ton of people have really full schedules. The holiday season is a terrible time to have events in the real world, much less virtual events that take up so much actual real-world time to partake in.

Easing up at this time of year would be a nice holiday gift to the players, IMHO.

NOW RECRUITING - WCIA 2012, 2013. Let's get that trophy in 2015!

If you notice my absence, it's because Mommy said I can't play with you anymore.
stark23x
Keeper
Keeper

Postby froman420 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Nabashin wrote:- more modifiers to make them unique events, e.g hearts can only be killed by a vamp, bomb wall spell disabled, but zapper radius expanded, minion defenders 500% boost, heart must be destroyed for victory etc...

+1
Froman
Leader - Canada Eh?!?
froman420
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Dutchie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Please also remind the developers that less is more! A cow only has so much milk, so don't over milk it!
Guild: The United Kingdoms
Dutchie
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Previous

Return to General Discussion