HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Disconnects using Tiny

Talk amongst y'selves!

Disconnects using Tiny

Postby Kaihawaii » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:32 pm

Does anyone encounter disconnects using Tiny after 1-3 star wins and a lost battle and knocked out Tiny? All other immortals work. This smells like on purpose, EA wants my gems. Can anyone reproduce this behavior?
Dungeon & Gamecenter ID: As Tiny goes by
Campaign walktrough: Battle of the Elements
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: Disconnects using Tiny

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

An unusual amount of my disconnects are just after getting a star. Thus has been true forever. The client only seems to update the server at significant events or after a certain amount of time has passed. One of those is when you hit a star. If that update packet gets lost in the internet, you get a disconnect and the server keeps the last known status of your raid, which would be before the star was recorded. So, ironically, getting a star can reveal (not really cause) a disconnect, and result in a loss. Don’t think it’s a conspiracy... just a particularly disheartening side effect.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Keeper
Keeper

Postby MiamiBeach_Steve » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:03 pm

I used to lose my Tiny more semi-regularly. If I ever get a phone call during game play or if ever exit the screen in any way whatsoever even for a moment I now close out of DK and then relaunch it.

I lost Tiny enough times that it felt like I pegged there was a connection with going off the DK screen for just a moment and going back into it to continue to play. The disconnect didnt happen instantaneously but some time later matches down the road the game would send me back into the dungeon without allowing me to continue to next match.

Incidentally, I lost Tiny earlier today to take a phone call, but the forced back to dungeon issue no longer occurs. Given pitofdespair is consistently right on his observations there's a good chance my habit might just be a lucky superstition. Still Im sticking to it. :)
MiamiBeach_Steve

Postby Kaihawaii » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 am

Amount of disconnects just recently grew a lot: several hundred percents/day. And 100% Tiny. No matter if 1, 2 or 3 star victories. A change or (new) bug or issue must be in place.
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Plague » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Have you summoned all your minions? As the summoning bug that some where cheating with , seems to kick you out if your minions ain't all summoned and you try and raid , not sure if the fix causes this
Plague

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:09 am

Summoning or not never affected Tiny raids at all.
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Kaihawaii » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:33 am

Still occurs
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dissonant Niko » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:38 pm

That sucks for you. I hope it gets fixed, but on the other hand, I specifically hate your Tiny. I bought mines just for you. I popped your Tiny, only to find out it wasn't yours, just a captured one. Then you spawned your Tiny and blew up my little 88 dungeon. Then you came again, I popped him and then you spent gems to revive and then you killed me. You hit my dungeon 2x a week on average. I appreciate that you don't take my Immortal though.
Dungeon Name - Dissonant Niko - Level 96
Dread 2 - Active Raider for Canadian Eh guild.
Dissonant Niko

Postby Kaihawaii » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Usually Tiny doesn't die, only if I let her go without looking during a raid or if it's a dungeon with workshop lvl 20+. Too many solo top 3 tournament places aka gems :-) what's your dungeon name? Can't remember the one in your signature.
Kaihawaii
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Dissonant Niko » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Dissonant Niko is the dungeon name. I just got my workshop to 11 so I might have too many anti air for you now. Probably not though. I changed my dungeon up now so it wouldn't be recognizable anyway. I tried your strategy for a while. It worked until I got dread 2. My disable trap spell needs to be maxed and tiny needs to be way higher in level to kill the dungeon hearts I go against now.
Dungeon Name - Dissonant Niko - Level 96
Dread 2 - Active Raider for Canadian Eh guild.
Dissonant Niko

Next

Return to General Discussion