HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Thoughts on Matchmaker Changes

Talk amongst y'selves!

Thoughts on Matchmaker Changes

Postby tripo » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 pm

So now that the tournament is over, what are the thoughts about the changes to match making? I seemed to keep being rotated through the same 10-15 strong dungeons (or clones of those dungeons) and then once in a while be presented with a <50 I could overrun with just Horny. I even got to attack a clone of my own dungeon and capture my immortal while using him to attack at the same time. To me it seems like the new matchmaker changes have made the dungeons I'm presented with more extreme to both ends, cutting out the middle for the most part.
tripo

Re: Thoughts on Matchmaker Changes

Postby Starduka » Mon May 14, 2018 3:44 pm

yes. I had the same experience with my high trophy dungeon: Mostly top dungeons (drc250+) offered to raid, in a boring rotation of clowns of the same few dungeons. It's very hard to score decently for everyone without sir C. I got bored a few times during this tournament of so much nexting.

... on the other side, I also played with my sandbagged dungeon and matchmaking is much better now. I was not offered to raid the big dungeons, like before, and was able to score much faster. To bad that the bracket was very very easy and no need to raid much to win it.
Guild - The Malazans
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Xenjahr » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 am

I have the same thoughts about the new changes in matchmaking.
All the same dungeons are proposed all the time and we need to waste more time to pass to the next than before.
More and more clones in the landscape. By the way when you beat your own clone all your knocked down immo revive. Funny bug but still a bug.

Postby DK2Hell » Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 am

Xenjahr wrote:I have the same thoughts about the new changes in matchmaking.
All the same dungeons are proposed all the time and we need to waste more time to pass to the next than before.
More and more clones in the landscape. By the way when you beat your own clone all your knocked down immo revive. Funny bug but still a bug.

that bug happend with all clones... ;)
SKAR TACTICS | Level 40 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767

My Line ID = me12345683
DK2Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby HellSewercide » Wed May 16, 2018 6:28 am

Yup, I had the same, only 250+ dungeons and the same people that no-one really wants to attack as it's too expensive. This new matching only benefits the guys that have sir cop, as they can take them down, whereas the rest of the dk world will struggle. This can be reflected in the tournament bracket scores being a lot lower.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 30 (Sewercide x5, Italy x8, Russia x6, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Slovakia x2, Mexico, Dutch, France, France actif, Gilde Pilsner)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby JPN Keepers » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am

I did not like to see clones of top players.
Top players are premium for me. It is exciting to raid them.
Their clone is like a fake diamond. :(
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby dergoeb » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

The good thing is that you don't have to fear a revenge. But basically I agree that especially during tournament there are far too much of them around. And all of them have stupid names :roll: which repeat themselves regularly...
dergoeb

Postby Plague » Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Clones r needed and a big part of the game, due to the 8 hr cave in after someone wins a raid against a dungeon. If not there would be no one to raid after the first few hrs.
Plague

Postby Cesspool » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am

Did matching revert back to old this past weekend? I was getting DCR 15-30 dungeons again periodically (I’m DCR 249, 10k+ medals)
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 am

Myself and some others found matchmaking back to the former ways this last weekend... I got matched against almost exclusively low level dungeons, including three DCR 1’s. A couple of weekends ago I hardly saw anyone below DCR 100, and most were above 200.

Personally I prefer the new matching... easier to get resources without having to play as much. Harder (or more expensive) at higher levels to score as much. Probably a good thing for lower level players as long as it doesn’t return baby/teen dungeons.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to General Discussion