HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Lev 40 Magmaw bug

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Re: Lev 40 Magmaw bug

Postby Cesspool » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:16 pm

I’m uploading the attack reply to YouTube.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:25 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/4HZUNFPyfQw[/youtube]
Not sure why the above link doesn’t work. Posting as a regular web link below

https://youtu.be/4HZUNFPyfQw
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 40, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 pm

Ya that replay looks fine to me. Magmaw is strong on the heart because it heals him. Once he gets away from your heart, he rarely takes damage, and gets a health revive from the bomb he walks across. At the end he’s able to sit in the pool of lava a bit, which heals slightly. I don’t see a bug myself. Overall the person took advantage of your library for a free entry, then was mostly smart and lucky enough to have the minions eat the damage for the rest.

If you want some tips to defend against him better, send me a pm, preferably with a pic of your dungeon.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby tabonsi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Cesspool wrote:[youtube]https://youtu.be/4HZUNFPyfQw[/youtube]
Not sure why the above link doesn’t work. Posting as a regular web link below

https://youtu.be/4HZUNFPyfQw

Come on, at 1:50 (remaining raid time) he got the “self boost” and destroy half heart healt (~30.000 defense points) in just 4 seconds... is this justified?
DISCO INFERNO: Guild: ITALY - ITALY 2.0
tabonsi
Minion
Minion

Postby Cesspool » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Fair enough, I do recognize that the position of the DL is a weak point and I’ve seen this exploited with Magmaw in the past. Actually I’m aware that my dungeon as a whole is in bad need of an overhaul, I’ve just been too lazy to do it but that is another story. I had forgotten about the fire damage from the DH actually, still it did look iffy to me that there appeared to be absolutely not damage from the boulders even with that. That’s why I was querying a possible bug.
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Now ... this one? Totally legit. Watch and compare.

https://youtu.be/o-rNWg6P-r0

... and don’t tell me they’re different levels and that’s why the second one took more damage. They both killed my DH in exactly the same amount of time.
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:44 am

Hard to say. From lv 35 to lv 39 Magmaw gets almost no damage increase (approx 10%). He gets a big increase in survivability, first less damage from physical (which is all the damage he takes there) and then increased healing from fire. I don’t think on the timeframe here a 5% change in time would be noticeable, but a 50% reduction in physical damage definitely would be, because you have Boulders and cannons and mortars all at once. So my guess is the second raid was a lv 35 Magmaw and the first raid was lv 37 to 39. Obviously just an educated guess. (At lv 40 he gets a nice boost to damage, though I find it rarely makes the difference in winning or losing the raid.)

You could get a better feel by counting the cannot hits, mortars and boulders he takes upon hitting the heart. Then take your heart damage for the time he’s there. If it’s very roughly double, then it would fit lv 35 vs lv 37-39 Magmaw difference.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:05 pm

10% should still be noticeable with a total of 20 seconds for a kill.

It’s also possible that there is a display bug for damage. Chris pointed out to me that damage display can be altered if guard house is bolstered.
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Cesspool » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Previous

Return to Bug Reports