HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Dungeon attacked while mid battle

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Dungeon attacked while mid battle

Postby Katrulzin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm

There is a tourney going on and within three hours today I have for the third time gone into a raid and while I'm in mid battle 'your dungeon is under attack' pops up losing my men and my immortals. Now all three of my immortals are gone. Can I for the life of me get points for my guild please? Why are keepers even allowed to attack my dungeon while I'm currently attacking a dungeon myself? At the very least I shouldn't get the 'your dungeon is under attack' pop up while I'm attacking a dungeon in mid battle, because it completely disrupts the attack and takes me out of the dungeon in mid battle, losing my immortal and an automatic loss.

What is this nonsense? I can't even continue raiding now in fear that if I do, someone will attack me causing me to lose again with the dreaded 'your dungeon is under attack' pop up. Wish it would let me finish my attack before I get this annoying pop up in my face causing me to lose automatically. I haven't experienced this until the tournament began.... How convenient.
Last edited by Katrulzin on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Katrulzin

Re: Dungeon attacked while mid battle

Postby purgatoria » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 am

All experience the joy of disconnect
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Lifetree » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:29 am

Lifetree

Postby Katrulzin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am

purgatoria wrote:All experience the joy of disconnect

Wouldn't a disconnect cause a 'Cannot connect to server' pop up, instead of 'Your dungeon is under attack' pop up? A disconnect, I would assume, wouldn't give me an attack alert because there is no packets being sent during that moment.

It literally looks as if any keeper can attack me while I'm raiding, causing the pop up to take me out of the raid automatically, since attacking after all disables the cave-in.
Katrulzin

Postby purgatoria » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Perhaps I assume too much.
Step one loss of connection mid raid, door closed animation (sometimes it's very quick). To the srrver, it's like you logged out and are immediately available to be raided.
Step two connection is restored but being in an active tier you have already been raided and are unable to log in until your d has been thoroughly pillaged, immortal koed and out minions deployed in raid.....
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Have heard multiple people complain about this recently.

I’m not positive that a disconnect is exactly what’s going on here. I’ve had many cases where I get a freeze and then a reconnect back to my dungeon, with no disconnect message, while nexting. Not usually while attacking, but it’s happened. As far as I can tell it happens when the game has leaked too much memory and the device gives it a memory fault, which sends you back to your dungeon. Workaround is to manually kill the app as soon as it seems to slow down at all (or goes to 2D graphics for minions), so that it doesn’t kill itself off mid-raid. For me, i have to kill it about every half-dozen raids, but on my phone with more memory it’s much longer.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Katrulzin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:09 pm

purgatoria wrote:Perhaps I assume too much.
Step one loss of connection mid raid, door closed animation (sometimes it's very quick). To the srrver, it's like you logged out and are immediately available to be raided.
Step two connection is restored but being in an active tier you have already been raided and are unable to log in until your d has been thoroughly pillaged, immortal koed and out minions deployed in raid.....

Well that's the funny part, I wouldn't even get the door closing animation, which is understandable. All I got was literally me raiding and next thing I know I get the 'Your dungeon is under attack' pop up with whatever I was doing disappeared. Only left to click the dreaded blue button. Though pit of despair has a point where it could be a memory issue, considering DK uses more memory now than what it has 6 months ago.
Katrulzin

Postby LegendaryOnesCom » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:17 am

It happened to me twice during the last 24 hours, on different devies (mobile, tablet)... using Wifi and mobile internet as backup.
DCR221 | 12,340 Trophies | Skar Tactics | Working on my own fantasy game: http://www.legendaryones.com/blog
LegendaryOnesCom

Postby Kongar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm

DK is very connection sensitive. Any disruption can result in a disconnect.

1) Check for and disable any unnecessary apps. DK hates interruptions.
2) Make sure you're using only a single WiFi connection. If it switches from one to another, DK disconnects.
3) #2 can happen with WiFi and cell connection if the device decides to change.
4) Reset your router. Unplug and let it rest for a couple of minutes. (Includes modem)
5) High power intermittent devices (microwave oven) between device and router are bad news.
6) "Clean" your device. Close background apps.
7) Baby monitors can kill DK. Keep at least 5ft away.
8) Bored boyfriends can cause interrupts, stream sports.
9) Try an ethernet to microusb/lightning adapter into your device.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Katrulzin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Kongar wrote:DK is very connection sensitive. Any disruption can result in a disconnect.

1) Check for and disable any unnecessary apps. DK hates interruptions.
2) Make sure you're using only a single WiFi connection. If it switches from one to another, DK disconnects.
3) #2 can happen with WiFi and cell connection if the device decides to change.
4) Reset your router. Unplug and let it rest for a couple of minutes. (Includes modem)
5) High power intermittent devices (microwave oven) between device and router are bad news.
6) "Clean" your device. Close background apps.
7) Baby monitors can kill DK. Keep at least 5ft away.
8) Bored boyfriends can cause interrupts, stream sports.
9) Try an ethernet to microusb/lightning adapter into your device.

That was very much hilarious, thank you for that. I like your sense of humor xD.

In my defense, I am connected via 5ghz Wi-Fi, as supposed to 2.4ghz, so the air ways are clean from disruptions since microwave and 2.4ghz run in similar wavelengths. xD
Katrulzin

Return to Bug Reports