HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Broken àchievments

Please provide as much detail as possible, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Broken àchievments

Postby purgatoria » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm fairly certain that this has been brought up before, but the money for nothing and easy rock 100 gem lvl àchievments are still broken. Showing negative unchanging numbers and no bar....
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Re: Broken àchievments

Postby DKDev_Chris » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks for the report. I'll look into this as soon as I can.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby pitofdespair » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Ya, it’s cause they rolled past 2b and the display item can’t go that high. Fortunately behind the scenes it’s tracked fine, so if you keep looting you’ll get it eventually. :) (But I suppose if the achievement was lowered a little the display glitch would go away.)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby purgatoria » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Thank you.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby DKDev_Chris » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:33 pm

After taking a look behind the scenes, Pit's comment is exactly right. I spoke with Engineering about this and in order to fix it without a massive overhaul to the game's infrastructure the value would have to lowered to the point where there wouldn't be much of a difference between that and the previous one, so unfortunately this is one that will be around for awhile.

The server will still correctly track your progress for overflows like this and you'll still be able to redeem it, but sadly the client will continue to display issues until then.
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby purgatoria » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Out of curiosity, where is that bar set? Iam on my second run around the plunder board.
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby DKDev_Chris » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

At one point I was told it was 4.2billion and some change, but that may no longer be accurate. If Engineering has the bandwidth I can ask them to investigate and get an exact value, but those guys are always busy...
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby purgatoria » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 am

Thanks. It's appreciated
purgatoria
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:14 am

I believe the broken one is exactly 4 billion. A 32 bit integer can store up to +2,147,483,648, and with a rollover into the negatives if you go to 4 billion you’ll end up at -294,967,296 which is exactly what the achievement shows. There’s no plunder achievement after that right now.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 40 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to Bug Reports