HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Stop the podium snatchers

Want to make suggestions about potential changes/additions to the game? Make them here!

Stop the podium snatchers

Postby Love Shack » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:06 am

I believe this is a very important issue that needs resolving to stop mid level players quitting the game.

It is really disheartening when your guild has been battling to get a podium in a regular tournament, only to get blown away by a farming guild or two made up of players who have dropped out of HC once the result is decided.

The only "fair" solution I can come with would be to stop players joining guilds when there is 12 hours of a tournament left. Most HC are still undecided at that time so it should stop the last minute farmers.

I'm sure many will be against this move but we need to find a way to keep mid level players from quitting in their droves. HC has already become an extremely difficult/ near impossible tournament for most players to qualify for so let's give the regular guys a fair go in the regular brackets.
Love Shack

Re: Stop the podium snatchers

Postby Mincho » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Love Shack wrote:I believe this is a very important issue that needs resolving to stop mid level players quitting the game.

It is really disheartening when your guild has been battling to get a podium in a regular tournament, only to get blown away by a farming guild or two made up of players who have dropped out of HC once the result is decided.

The only "fair" solution I can come with would be to stop players joining guilds when there is 12 hours of a tournament left. Most HC are still undecided at that time so it should stop the last minute farmers.

I'm sure many will be against this move but we need to find a way to keep mid level players from quitting in their droves. HC has already become an extremely difficult/ near impossible tournament for most players to qualify for so let's give the regular guys a fair go in the regular brackets.

+1

100% agreement. Especially that the majority that play in HC can remove Podium to low level players who have a hard time gathering resources and joining gems / dwellings.
Nowadays it does not affect me, since I am capable of making 600,000 stars.
But many times when my level was medium and low (dcr), HC opportunists appeared.

** Moderators / Engineers, update the game and those who play tournament can not move once they enter a guild .... this will avoid the jumpers.
Mincho

Postby Starduka » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Agree with problem, but not with the solution.
Defining a point in time is just making the hc fighters decide to keep fighting or not at that moment. They will still jump to assault brackets before reaching that point in time.
Best solution is to lock players in guild once they score. It would still give some freedom to move around and choose guild to participate in tournament.
Guild - Baby Monsters
Starduka
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pisus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:33 am

The score to win a bracket nowadays starts from 200k. A player going solo scores maximum 300k for first place, otherwise it's not convenient anymore. If a whole guild can't score 300k is a problem. The so called mid players score more or less 50k I suppose, then 4-6 players are enough to compete. If mid players score less than that, it means that they often cannot win a bracket in any case. If in a guild the first player scores more than 100k, it means that mid and low players won't earn many gems even so. So what's the real problem? Players who want to win easier. It isn't a matter of mid players quitting because of hoppers, it's more about big players who want to score less and earn more.
pisus
Minion
Minion

Postby Cesspool » Fri May 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Agree w Starduka, long overdue for this, and been asked for in varying forms many many many times
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Return to Suggestion Box