HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

I suspect I'm done with the game

Talk amongst y'selves!

I suspect I'm done with the game

Postby Gunbladelad » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:07 am

Long story short, I don't have the time to get more than a couple of raids done a day and consistently get raided for more than I can possibly earn with the time I have.

I am literally at a "wall" in the game where everything costs over 2 million gold or stone - yet EVERY time I get over 1 million built up, the next time I get back in I've been raided back down to a quarter of what I had.

It's frustrating and very off-putting - and literally kills the game for anyone who can't get in 10+ raids every single day.
Gunbladelad

Re: I suspect I'm done with the game

Postby pitofdespair » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:47 pm

It seems to be a difficult hump to pass. It’s going to be relatively difficult to collect a lot with a couple of reasons a day - the game is designed to need about ten to twelve raids a day to keep all of your imps busy upgrading. But here are some things to try if you’d like to get past the million resource mark:

-play during the week when there’s less raiding
-wait until you can do a few raids in a row - swipe the screen so you don’t idle out
-destroy the resource rooms, which give far more loot than the other rooms
-be willing to lose a raid against someone that has a ton of resources, just to get the resources
-next until you see someone with a ton of resources
-check your revenges to see if they have a ton of resources - if you quit before doing damage or deploying minions, you can revenge later when hopefully they have more resources
-keeping a win streak will help a little
-winning a bunch of little raids can be more rewarding and faster than one big one, because of your league bonus
-spending one gem to rush summoning by 6 minutes can let you do a few quick raids in a row - and since you’re doing less than 10 raids per day, the daily gem bonus will offset that cost
-if you can afford dk premium, that boost adds a substantial amount
-don’t raise your dungeon heart level until you’re close to needing it to progress - it increases the amount people can loot from you
-raise your mine/quarry levels to max - they produce enough to roughly offset your daily loot losses if you play smartly, but only if they’re at max
-but stuff before you log out, when possible
-always collect your resources from mines/quarries - people can loot about 25% of your collected resources and about 50% of your uncollected resources (aside from the heart level limit)

Hope that helps.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 48 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby JPN Keepers » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 pm

I have the same issue.
The best timing to store stone for me is the day before tourney.
Nobody revenge me. :D
JPN Keepers
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby HellSewercide » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:28 am

Or just dont raid to win. Raid and lose and steal resources only.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 46 (Sewercide x6, Italy x14, Russia x11, Slovakia x3, France x2, Gilde Pilsner x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby DK2Hell » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:09 am

@devs

maybe EA should change the % of stealable resources ...
so players have more resources available. Or anything that is generated in the mines is retained?

see also here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12459

pls think about it. :mrgreen:
SKAR TACTICS | Level 48 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767
My Line ID = me12345683

Our statistics 2016, 2017 and 2018:
Current statistics:
DK2Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Gunbladelad » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:43 am

Oh, I've always been able to get past the million resource mark - but every single time I get past there, I seem to get hit with 7 or 8 raids - and before I know it I'm back down to 250k or less - every single bloody time.

I've wound up going a slightly different path than simply quitting entirely. Since I'mk going to seemingly lose all my resources constantly, I've decided to start up a one-man guild and I'm shoving pretty much all my spare gold in there to minimise the amount getting looted off me. At least that way I can get the gold working for me in the long term, even if it is only a couple of percentage points boost here and there.

As for the rock? Well, I guess I'll try to shore up my traps and walls during sales. Otherwise that'll be vanishing faster than I can raise it.
Gunbladelad

Postby Kongar » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:17 am

Hmm... There are better options. But, if that's your path... Send me your guild name and we'll level it up for you to open up more gold donations.

Or...

Open your dungeon heart and prioritize defenfeses to your resources. Then sandbag your dungeon. You'll lose... But preserve resources.

Also, store stone in upgrades at the steep 50% cost... But better than losing it all.

Or...

Find a big guild... Ask for help. They'll offer best advice to active members.
Kongar
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby Kaapie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 am

Gunbladelad wrote:Oh, I've always been able to get past the million resource mark - but every single time I get past there, I seem to get hit with 7 or 8 raids - and before I know it I'm back down to 250k or less - every single bloody time.

I've wound up going a slightly different path than simply quitting entirely. Since I'mk going to seemingly lose all my resources constantly, I've decided to start up a one-man guild and I'm shoving pretty much all my spare gold in there to minimise the amount getting looted off me. At least that way I can get the gold working for me in the long term, even if it is only a couple of percentage points boost here and there.

As for the rock? Well, I guess I'll try to shore up my traps and walls during sales. Otherwise that'll be vanishing faster than I can raise it.

Sadly, as we get to higher DCR this happens to all of us. Do what I do, boost 5 imps to either Stone or Gold (depending on what you want to protect), while the other imp upgrades. By boosting 5 imps you get 50% reduction in plundering to said resource. If you have 8M available to plunder the attacker can only grab 4M and that's only if they 3 star you which I would imagine doesn't happen often. Even if you get hit 5, 6 or 7 times a day the plundering is still reduced.

Yes the rate at which your DCR goes up will be drastically reduced by using the above method but saving millions of resources is worth it. It will save you time at the very least then having to attack opponents to get millions of resources back to break even.

If you can, get DK Premium (100 day one). Helps tremendously with resources.
Kaapie

Postby Greenfire » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:50 am

Well I have made it to level 149 without ever buying anything. But now I have a bigger problem.
My dungeon heart is at level 16. but if I want to upgrade it to level 17, I get the :"upgrade your treasuries first"
But if I want to upgrade my treasuries, they require a level 17 dungeon heart to upgrade. see the catch?
DKDev_Chris (developer) told me to max out my treasuries and then it would display more.
So I raided until my treasuries were almost full. I used 500 gems (which took me weeks over raiding and tournaments to achieve) to fill my treasuries to FULL. then raided again, but the treasuries would not fill more than 25 000 000. I need 26 000 000 to upgrade dungeon heart.
I log bug fix complaints, but no reply.

I used to love this game, been playing it for years, but I am also over it. it just gets too hard to progress.
Greenfire

Postby DK2Hell » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 am

Greenfire wrote:Well I have made it to level 149 without ever buying anything. But now I have a bigger problem.
My dungeon heart is at level 16. but if I want to upgrade it to level 17, I get the :"upgrade your treasuries first"
But if I want to upgrade my treasuries, they require a level 17 dungeon heart to upgrade. see the catch?
DKDev_Chris (developer) told me to max out my treasuries and then it would display more.
So I raided until my treasuries were almost full. I used 500 gems (which took me weeks over raiding and tournaments to achieve) to fill my treasuries to FULL. then raided again, but the treasuries would not fill more than 25 000 000. I need 26 000 000 to upgrade dungeon heart.
I log bug fix complaints, but no reply.

I used to love this game, been playing it for years, but I am also over it. it just gets too hard to progress.

you have to upgrade your mines!
SKAR TACTICS | Level 48 | 6 Rings...needs you!

Klick here!
http://forums.dungeonkeeper.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10767
My Line ID = me12345683

Our statistics 2016, 2017 and 2018:
Current statistics:
DK2Hell
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to General Discussion