HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

Some recent changes are helping this medium-DCR player

Talk amongst y'selves!

Some recent changes are helping this medium-DCR player

Postby sellar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:22 pm

For a long time I was feeling frustrated with this game because my ~150 DCR dungeon would keep getting raided almost exclusively by ~350+ DCR players, leaving me stuck without enough resources to upgrade anything. I tried changing my layout, and while that reduced my losses, it was still frustrating for me to try accumulate resources.

The following recent changes have helped quite a bit, so thank you to the developers! Please keep up the work of balancing things out :)
1. Promotions for reduced resource costs for powering up buildings help, esp. with powering up mines and resource rooms.
2. The current promotion for 8x trap disables is really helping me get more resources by revenging the 350+ DCR folks that attack me :) I usually can't win, but I get more resources via by losing against a 350 as opposed to winning against anyone < 200 DCR.
3. The recent update to limit losses for folks < 31 DH level - I don't think it's enough, but it does help. I still lose a lot of resources to high DCR players who are close to, but not yet at 31 DH. I also spend a ridiculous amount of gold resurrecting single-use traps that do trivial damage to such high DCR raiders.

I think the game would be more fun if I didn't have to resort to losing raids to get resources, and didn't have to lose tons of resources while being picked on by the big guys, but wanted to show my appreciation of the recent attempts to improve things.
sellar

Re: Some recent changes are helping this medium-DCR player

Postby Ululant » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:21 pm

Sounds positive and like you are on your way. Don’t be too quick to upgrade your dh. Score your other defenses have time to catch up. It opens you to bigger losses. You nailed the strategy though. Forget about trophies and wins for now. Know that every big d is cursing because they got attacked a lost a bunch of resources without a cave in. Then it is rinse and repeat for the smaller dungeons. I have grown accustomed to finding 5-7 defensive wins and losing 20 mil minimum stone and gold each. Mostly during the week. When I was smaller and getting caved in constantly,, I just stopped rearming the single use traps. Also raiding many raids in a row helps get your resources up for builds. Then spend it and close up
And let mana regen. You are on your way.
Ululant
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby DKDev_Chris » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 am

@sellar --- Thanks for the feedback! I will be sure to pass your sentiments (including the constructive criticism) along to the rest of the team =)
DKDev_Chris
Developer
Developer

Postby HellSewercide » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 am

As I tell all my players. You should focus on levelling trolls. Once they are level 30+ you should be able to beat anyone.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 47 (Sewercide x6, Italy x15, Russia x11, Slovakia x3, France x2, Gilde Pilsner x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby sellar » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Chris, glad this was helpful. Hopefully the following comes across as contructive as well.

1. The acceleration sale is very useful. That's when I usually try to stockpile a bunch of resources to upgrade the DH or mines.
2. The discounted traps and walls sale, they also help, but not as much, because everyone seems to be holding a whole lot less resources in general during those times.
3. I agree with @Ululant that rearming single-use traps isn't worth it. For example, they usually cost me between 300k-900k to rearm. The max I can lose is 1.9 million, and generally these traps do next to nothing for highly levelled up trolls.
4. These days I focus on upgrading my DH and mines, and so far it has worked. I upgrade traps and walls only during the discount sales. I have not been upgrading the buildings and minion because I *think* (and time might prove me wrong) that I'm better off increase my resource income. I am already pitted against dungeons with high DCRs anyway so it's not like upgrading the DH is making it harder to find raiding victims.

Ha, level 30 trolls. They just walk up to my traps and single hit destroy them; take little damage from fire traps, boulder and bombs; there isn't really a way to defend against such raids. Some layouts may work better than others but generally there's little recourse there. The only thing that works is to not hold too many resources. And these aren't cheap traps (I think) - most of them cost 10-20 million now to upgrade.
sellar

Postby Cesspool » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 pm

You’re right in everything you’re doing except (as was noted above) increasing your DH level. This allows more and more resources to be plundered from you. Stop that immediately and focus on upgrading rooms and traps.
Leader of Canadian Keepers guild (lvl 42, welcoming new members or just drop in to say hi :))
Cesspool
Keeper
Keeper

Postby pitofdespair » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 am

I would also agree to upgrade the minions you use, and immortals. You will get much more from a strong offense than you’ll save by having a good defense. (Winning on defense gains you trophies and hence tougher opponents, plus another person can raid you and loot more. Though a scary defense can get people to next you - just not the high level players.)
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 48 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Postby Xenjahr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:02 am

Recent changes have also made things very difficult for high level dh.
It is now impossible to keep ressources beetween two connexions. Now I see keepers with 27.000 tr loosing on purpose on my dungeon only to plunder ressources.
Gold is a real issue. Making troops costs 1,5 M gold and most raids cost more than that.

@Dkdev_Chris Maybe that was on purpose but just know that this is also going to disgust some old players. People who manage guilds and get newbies learn and grow.

I suggested several times that new leagues would solve this problem (the least would be that a raid would cover gold expenses) but making things hard for big guys seems to be your intention.

Maybe you should think about win win systems sometimes...

Postby HellSewercide » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 am

I lose about 30M gold every time I logout and back in. However, I'm really not bothered as I have like 2 building to upgrade that requires gold and that's every 2 weeks. During that time I will waste a billion worth of uncollected gold as I'm generally always full.

Raising your heart, means people can attack you for more resources. One of my guys is level 220 or so and can beat pretty much every dungeon. He took my advise and only upgrades: Workshop, Library, Storage, Mines & Heart. Only Trains Trolls and Magmaw. He has level 25 Trolls now and can now score enough points during a tournament to solo place himself on the podium.

Once you have a good attack stone and gold comes pouring in. 10-16M of each per raid is very easy if you're picky. During the week I dont really play but on the rare occasion I need resources my mana raids can get me 50M of each resource. Tournament weekends, about 1 billion of each, pretty easily.
Dungeon: Hell | Position: Leader | Guild: Sewercide | Horny Chosen Rings: 47 (Sewercide x6, Italy x15, Russia x11, Slovakia x3, France x2, Gilde Pilsner x2, Skar Tactics x2, Romania x2, Mexico, Dutch, France actif, TER)
HellSewercide
Upgraded Minion
Upgraded Minion

Postby pitofdespair » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:27 am

Agree with Xenjahr, gold at high lv has gotten quite difficult unless you live off of resupply. Stone seems okay, so the culprit seems to be the spread between the cost to summon and lootable targets’ gold. I next on average maybe 5-10 times to get slightly ahead, and to get a few mil ahead often takes 20-50 Nexts.

Resupply avoids the summon cost, but too expensive against high lv (except for the small number of players that can ever solo podium). So it’s only practical if you resupply against many low lv players on 4x - which is less than great for them.

Not impossible of course, especially when higher lv clones come during tourneys. But before the last update I’d fill up in about 12 raids on a weekday, only hitting people at least half my DCR; now it’s double or triple that across a few days. Imagine many are struggling to get ahead.
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 48 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Next

Return to General Discussion