HOME        ABOUT
FORUMS        FAQ

A question concerning defending

Talk amongst y'selves!

A question concerning defending

Postby Xerxes » Sat May 16, 2020 11:20 am

Hello everybody,

I recently joined this game (with my old account) and I started building my rooms to level 7-9.
Currently I have around 3.000 trophies and I keep getting destroyed by players with 16.000 - 100.000 trophies.
These players are way to strong for me and my dungeon is as strong as paper against such players. How can I ever hope to save enough resources in order to upgrade my dungeon?

Is there some trick to this I don't know? (Besides spending ungodly amounts of money)
Xerxes

Re: A question concerning defending

Postby pitofdespair » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

For now, don’t let your trophies go any higher. Your problem is actually that you’re too good. :) You’ve won on offense so much that you’ve increased your trophies into an opponent range that’s well above what your defense can handle. The higher you go, the tougher the opponents. Lose raids against big players while stealing resources to keep yourself from going up more. (If they’re going to beat you up, only fair that you get something out of the deal. ;)) Eventually you’ll find you can progress to higher trophy levels to be able to get bigger loot, but best not to Next more than a few times for now. It’s not necessary to drop way down - just don’t go up more until you’re ready.

Instead of defense, focus on upgrading your offense so you can loot more: useful spells, minions, hatcheries to level 10, dark library, workshop for trolls, guild lair until you can withdraw mistresses, and one or two immortals. Your main offense immortal is best kept close to a level equal to your heart... they start to get good around level 15. Horny is a solid all-around choice.

Don’t upgrade your heart more than you need to. It steadily raises the amount of resources people can steal from you.

Keep in mind that you “win” by having people Next you because you’re too tough for them, and you’ll never see those Nexts. So everyone at every level is normally only attacked by people who think they’ll win. Some people like to open their heart for an easy loss so they’ll get a quick cave in with less average resource loss.

Last, join a good high level guild with helpful people. The perks from a high level guild are worth hundreds of gems per day in faster training, mana generation, faster spell leveling, resource production, etc. And the advice good players can give is worth a lot more than that. You’re welcome in ours or I can recommend some others if you send me a pm.

Good luck!
Bruce Campbells Army of Darkness - an open lv 49 guild for casual players of all levels who want to develop their dungeons and get Dreadstone in tournaments
pitofdespair
Master Keeper
Master Keeper

Return to General Discussion